We Recommend

• matt588 - October 15, 2009 5:17 a.m.

I'm sorry completely off topic but could someone please tell me what the hell that that red floppy thing in the upper righthand corner of the screen is in that no more heroes clip??? Now that that's out of the way, interesting article GR, but how many of those use the motion control plus? Off topic again, but while i was at the big box store I saw an xbox 360 combo pack of dead rising, devil may cry 4, and lost planet, the point? they are all capcom games and only $40.00 for the set. maybe capcom will do the same for some wii titles. yes, i own a 360 and a wii and love them both.
  • c03n3nj0 - October 15, 2009 2:53 a.m.

*reads article* *updates must buy list*
  • waynski1457 - October 15, 2009 2:44 a.m.

I was just thinking about dumping some money down on Contra ReBirth, but I think I really need to play Swords and Soldiers now. So thanks for that recommendation.
  • CH3BURASHKA - October 15, 2009 2:12 a.m.

Man, that Zelda pic, I can't fucking wait to see that game.
  • AaronTheGamingGeek - October 15, 2009 1:02 a.m.

i need to get a new wii
  • skyguy343 - October 15, 2009 12:53 a.m.

NMH!
  • moredhel_1 - October 15, 2009 12:09 a.m.

Dear Belston: Thank you SO MUCH for posting this fantastic article (as yours always are). As Aughra (SP?) would say, there is a Great Conjuction in the air - and let me explain that. I work at a temp. job that allows me to wear headphones; for the past three glorious weeks, I have been listening to the entire back catalog of TalkRadar podcasts (and they've literally made my day). Anyway, due to cosmic alliance, today was the day that I listed to podcast #10, where you and the gang just returned from the E3 two years ago. To say you were absolutely saddened and distraught would be an understatement - you were absolutely devastated, and I could clearly hear that the life had been beaten out of you by the big N that year (Wii Music debacle, etc.) Anyway, I think it's wonderful that, two years later, today, this goes up, the day that I listened to that podcast. I too am a life-ling Nintendo fan, as I was 11 years old in '84, and grew up w/the systems. And so, I own a Wii, and like many others, have been crying out for games like these. THANK YOU for letting everyone know that the Wii is still a gaming console for those who take the time to seek out the gems (including Lost Winds and World of Goo from the online store). Awesome article, keep them up!
  • Metroidhunter32 - October 15, 2009 midnight

@cumbdunky I'd love to see Retro do Dread also, but they've sworn never to touch Metroid again. Why, I don't know when it's all they've ever done.
  • crumbdunky - October 14, 2009 11:34 p.m.

Well, I was really up for a Wiinaissance this year but, d, a few of the games didn't live up to our hopes for them(Conduit, Deadly Creatures, Cursed Mountain), some games failed to sell(Madworld, Muramasa,Overkill)and some failed to show up and save us from playing way too much Punchout!!(which, though good, wasn't really worth spending four months on!)-I'm looking at you Crystal Bearers, S&P2 and, obviously, Zelda. Fatal Frame4, of course was taken from us, great reviews and proper survival horror and all, by Ninty themselves refusing to publish it in the west. 2009 promised much on Wii and delivered little in the end. Even DS:Extraction isn't really a game worth buying but is the worlds most perfect rental game as there's little room for playing it through and typically didn't quite do what it could have done. Still, I love the wee white box and am willing to stick with it anot-there's gt to be another Zzzzzzelda sometime, S&P2 and Fragile should show up(and both in the west too) in 2010,RS2 looks amazingly goodile CC:CB should be out in a month or so as well. So, while I agree that there's still good lookins ahead for the Wii I'm not getting over excited til Other M and a few others actually land(should see HVS doing better than the great-in-parts Conduit with their two new games as well)-with NMH2 being the outstanding game for me right now. Just don't expect me to gt too excited this time around after so many minor let downs this past twelve months .Not liking the new SMB either but that's possibly just me-when are Retro getting off their bums and making Dread like we all want? Eh?
  • PopPopInTheAttic - October 14, 2009 11:27 p.m.

Little King's Story is a *very* amazing game as well, beat it a couple of days ago, awesome ending plot twist. Must-buy, and probably my Wii GOTY so far.
  • XxWrathxX - October 14, 2009 11:01 p.m.

Wii does not fail "douche cr4ft" its still a good console i LOVE my Wii and my PS3 still playing Super Smash Bros Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Legend of Zelda and Metroid. ppl underestimate the Wii just like they did to the PS3 and now the PS3 is getting better but i have a feeling the Wii will bring us plenty more good games to come ^_^
  • Metroidhunter32 - October 14, 2009 10:40 p.m.

This list (plus my 10 good wii games) is what keeps me from selling it. But seriously Gamesradar, are you trying to drive me broke?
  • Fedexcommando - October 14, 2009 10:37 p.m.

Jesus Christ was that guy in dead space cutting his own arm off?
  • Willy105 - October 14, 2009 10:26 p.m.

People think the Wii is dead!?! I don't believe that.
  • d3athcr4ft - October 14, 2009 10:06 p.m.

Dead Space Extraction and Boy and His Blob are rentals at best. The other games I couldn't give a crap about. WII FAIL
  • Guardian88 - October 14, 2009 10:02 p.m.

hay what about Brawl?
  • Useoam - October 14, 2009 9:26 p.m.

I love my Wii and totally agree with you're list.
  • goochbiscuit - October 14, 2009 9:09 p.m.

Awesome list, I definitely want to try these games. Can't wait to hear more about the new Metroid game, too, it looked amazing back at E3.
  • RatPuncher - October 14, 2009 8:41 p.m.

So Swords and Soldiers = Castle Crashers + RTS? I need to play that now.
  • onewingedantista - October 14, 2009 8:12 p.m.

That Dead Space video was effing creepy.