Topics

editorial

• winner2 - March 6, 2013 7:05 p.m.

Coop, how many stables/ranches/farms do you have in your city? I'm just curious. Btw, you sound seriously ticked, I hope this gets fixed/improved ASAP. You're right, EA dropped the ball big time.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 7:46 p.m.

The Irony is that Cooper was actually totally alright with the idea of the game being always online a few months back, as evidenced by some of the talks in previous RadioRadar Podcasts. Even though others were skeptical he thought it didn't matter... And to think, this thing was on the top 10 most anticipated games of this site, and probably mainly because Cooper kept pushing for it...
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 6, 2013 8:13 p.m.

I'm still alright with it always being online. It not working isn't related to that ;)
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 8:23 p.m.

Well, but you're obviously annoyed that the game isn't working, right? something that wouldn't be a game-breaker issue at all if the game had the option of being playable off-line to begin with.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 6, 2013 9:06 p.m.

I don't consider it to be the same problem. Right now, yeah, but it doesn't have to be that way.
  • ParagonT - March 7, 2013 5:40 a.m.

Gotta take the good and the bad Coop. I see where it may not have been an issue if it actually played out well, I do agree, but we can't ignore the problems that stem from the system. It's like someone jumping from a plane, them dying on impact, then the news saying "It wasn't the thought of jumping out of a plane that was the problem, he should have bent his knees when he landed.' Sure it may have been cool if he had survived unharmed, but we all know that trying to separate problems that stem from ideas/systems is playing with semantics.
  • talleyXIV - March 6, 2013 7:04 p.m.

Not only inexcusable, it is downright embarrassing. They can't even admit their own problems, "Due to the high demand for SimCity, Origin has experienced delays impacting a small percentage of users." Are you kidding me? You know how much you are at fault and you should just come out and apologize rather than hide behind sad troubleshooting suggestions. DRM for what has and always should be a predominately single player game is absolutely out of this world insane. What happened to a serial code on the back of a game's case? Even if people do pirate it and they will, I know, you will still make money. Let's not be greedy, because of DRM you are stopping illegal downloads but you are also pissing off every single person who buys the game legitimately. EA may never recover from this, at least in regards to the respect people have for them, the very little.
  • IceHawk79 - March 6, 2013 6:55 p.m.

I stopped buying any and all EA games many years ago. When they ruined UO, trying to make it "3d" or more like "WoW". I love Sim City 2000, but I am glad I didnt waste the money on this. DRM is horrible. Wish these companies would learn by now.
  • shawksta - March 6, 2013 6:53 p.m.

COME ON, SIMCITY WAS ON A ROLL, DONT SHIT THIS UP EA
  • ScrewDRM - March 6, 2013 6:42 p.m.

You know, they had the same problems during testing. Not to mention people yelling at them that the whole always online drm crap was a horrible idea. They didnt listen to us then. When I tried to test, I waited 6 hours to get in the game only to find the lag so horrible that I couldnt even scroll the map around. I am disappointed with EA. I hope this irreversibly screws them up or changes the way they do buisness forever. ALL DRM DOES IS SCREW THE PEOPLE WHO PAY FOR YOUR GAMES AS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD A MILLION TIMES.
  • MrHo11ywood360 - March 6, 2013 6:28 p.m.

You know, I bet you there's a Sim City torrent that's working just fine right now.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 6:27 p.m.

...Wow, Ea really is on a roll this week, aren't they? Honestly, it's getting old by now, but man... I mean, feels like every move EA or someone related to EA does these past days is either shitty or a screw up. And then companies like these hide behind their money and power, and excuse away their critics by saying "it's just because we're on the top, so we're the bigger target, but we're good! we swear!" Pfft.
  • Moondoggie1157 - March 6, 2013 10:13 p.m.

Kinda scary...
  • ErikaGarcia - March 6, 2013 6:26 p.m.

Nailed it. This is inexcusable. Probably the worst launch in history...
  • FemJesse - March 6, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Inexcusable is the right word. I find it inexcusable that they divided the servers by region in 2013 in a game they like to advertise as "Great to play with your friends." Switching servers is a real hassle when most of them are busy or down, and there's no need for it anyway. Blizzard did fine with combining the entire country in Diablo III, did we really need to make it so we can't play with friends on the other coast?