Topics

E3 Nintendo

• ghettogoodiesuluv - June 13, 2011 10:04 p.m.

I do agree other then the orginals StarFox, Zelda, Mario, and Mario Kart I was not going buy this handheld oh and The Sims :) all the other games seem flawed and alot of functions did not work in the begining and still do not work even after update.
  • Fuzunga - June 12, 2011 7:43 a.m.

There are stars in this game too? Why is there a star!?
  • Aletheon - June 12, 2011 1:08 a.m.

it looks amazing. i've been wanting a more linear 3D mario experience for a long time, and here it is. NINTENDO....you crazy geniuses. by the way, everyone will continue to use the IP's that sell and are popular. Nintendo is not unique here. Look at Halo. Suddenly there is a "new trilogy" coming. I guarantee any series that is popular will continue to make sequels, just like Nintendo has done in their long career. It's just how it is.....we should be happy that we continue to get more and more upgrades to the things we love in gaming, not COMPLAIN about it!!!!
  • Spybreak8 - June 10, 2011 6:25 a.m.

I enjoyed NSMB on the DS but I have no idea what it looked like in the initial stages so It looks like this game has room to breathe.
  • StickyLungs - June 10, 2011 2:02 a.m.

I feel like a sucker, but I'll buy this. If nothing else, I need to justify my 3DS purchase. I'll buy Ocarina, Starfox and this, but I'd love to see some new IP on the 3DS. oh well.
  • Felixthecat - June 9, 2011 7:57 p.m.

Cumming everywhere.
  • robotmand - June 9, 2011 12:01 p.m.

@Brett Elston How did you find the controls to be? I heard from another website that they had a hard time getting a hang of it.
  • humpiedumpie - June 9, 2011 8:02 a.m.

I am buying a 3DS because of this and Zelda, oh and Starfox looks cool to, just old-times sake
  • Balaska - June 9, 2011 5:59 a.m.

I want big open levels like Mario 64, the Galaxy games were great, but ultimately 64 is still the benchmark for Mario games. I am tired of linear levels and small play areas.
  • SparkleDevon - June 9, 2011 3:39 a.m.

I really want them to develop a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine on the 3DS. That would be really quite amazing. Oh yeah, and this game looks like it's shaping up to be pretty nice too :D
  • WelcomeGhosts10 - June 9, 2011 1:09 a.m.

This is what I have been holding out for with the 3DS, I will start saving now to get one. This game as a whole just looks like a great way to bring back the Mario franchise to the classic roots
  • shawksta - June 9, 2011 12:47 a.m.

A Mix of both the 2D and 3D series does seem interesting, Nintendo does love to experiment, especially with Mario. Also remember in the trailer, theres that giant spikey log from New super mario bros wii except on the ground and face mario head on? Perfect position and 3D will look like its gonna stab your eye XD @mynameismyname You seem to be unaware of the past mario titles. Nintendo mixes new elements with nostalgia to keep it fresh and memorable.
  • AuthorityFigure - June 8, 2011 11:46 p.m.

"...the first time Mario’s been portrayed in actual 3D." Doesn't Mario Clash hold that distinction?
  • markshell - June 8, 2011 11:27 p.m.

Looks absolutely amazing. The graphics are surely Wii-like and that's awesome. Already feeling good for buying a 3DS.
  • Manguy17 - June 8, 2011 11:18 p.m.

reason to buy 3DS found
  • therawski - June 8, 2011 11:02 p.m.

@Redeater Same here, but I would add that kid icarus might be a promising franchise!
  • number1hitjam - June 8, 2011 10:45 p.m.

Just looks like there's less info on screen, it's like a cross between mario 64 and smb3 but it just comes out super guided and easy...
  • alphaman - June 8, 2011 9:41 p.m.

According to the Kotaku live feed last night, Mario can wall jump in this one again, so you should be able to escape pit deaths.
  • Redeater - June 8, 2011 9:34 p.m.

I know this isn't part of the article but since it's Mario... Was anybody else groaning watching "New" Super Mario Bros being played on that tablet controller? It's not enough to have that bastard shit on my childhood nes/super nes memories but now you can wreck your beloved memories anywhere in the house! Sorry to rant but if you had told me I would have been waiting years and years to get a fucking penguin suit and a helicopter hat......
  • glasspantsss - June 8, 2011 9:23 p.m.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!