• FreekinIdiot - June 15, 2010 3:16 p.m.

It's all so needlessly wanky. I'm never going to use any of this stuff.
  • Collymilad - June 15, 2010 3:12 p.m.

Sort of agree. One thing though: lets remember who took us here in the first place, yeah? Everyones beloved nintendo.
  • MitsuharuSan - June 15, 2010 3:11 p.m.

The guy wasn't even really playing the Star Wars game. C'mon, at least show the real deal if you're trying to market your product. Or get a better actor, I guess.
  • rxb - June 15, 2010 3:04 p.m.

Well written Dave H. Im not paying 50-100 quid just to minority report my dash board. Maybe, just maybe we might get some real games from indie developers, but at the reason this does nothing for me.
  • ahnariprellik - June 15, 2010 3 p.m.

I love how everyone expects the Kinect equivalent of Gears 3 when it is just now being revealed. Of course they're not gonna have their huge blockbuster games for it right now but so far what I have seen games wise is far better than what the PSWii's motion control gimmick peripheral had to offer.
  • InFeRnOg - June 15, 2010 2:46 p.m.

Very good article and I agree wholeheartedly. Kinect is a mime training device. But then again, at least mimes get to use their imagination.
  • Clovin64 - June 15, 2010 2:35 p.m.

Theres not really much I can say to contribute to the argument as its all been said in the comments before me, but we should all pray that this casual gamer motion control bullshit doesnt swamp the 360 and PS3's games line up. The Wii clearly has some awesome games (Zelda, Mario Galaxy etc) but they are far too few inbetween. Microsoft and Sony...please dont forget your real fanbase.
  • yonderTheGreat - June 15, 2010 2:30 p.m.

Sony 2006. Nintendo 2009. MS 2010. The main reason for wanting to go to E3 now is to watch the trainwreck.
  • Styrophoamicus - June 15, 2010 2:22 p.m.

'So you don't want to pet a virtual tiger cub... That kind of shit is why you sold your Wii and bought a 360 in the first place.' ...so why exactly did Microsoft make a virtual tiger cub petting game?
  • xenon - June 15, 2010 2:19 p.m.

If this bullshit succeeds (in terms of revenue and adoption), the world will be a slightly worse place, while the gaming world will be a significantly worse place. Also, wasn't Minority Report supposed to be a DYStopia?
  • TheBoz - June 15, 2010 2:12 p.m.

@aptheticmocha, that is just the problem - reaching out to a wider audience. Look at the Wii, how many outstanding games have been released since it's release. The Wii appeals to the housewife wanting to lose some calories and will accept any kind of crap thrown at her, that same standard is not accepted or tolerated with xbox360 users. It is nothing to do with being a fanboy, most xbox360 users would have a great time on a playstation but then again, it does have some great titles on it. The typical housewife will not spend al that money on a console AND a controller when the tolerated inferior Wii is much cheaper. A very high proportion of Wii users are not computer savvy that are not interested in quality, graphics and sound. Xbox 360 users are a bit more mature when comes to technology and have higher standards. I await to see the catalogue of games for Kinect I like my driving games, I use the joypad, but if I bought a new controller would the kinect offer me a better experience than a steering wheel? Then again, surely it could sense me holding a steering wheel and still take the movements. This tecnology needs supporting by the games developers or it will go the same way as the Philips CD-i. Please Microsoft, target the current market and keep the standard high, or you might kill off the Xbox360 with an inferior gamer audience. Attract Playstation users, at least they accept good quality games.
  • Baron164 - June 15, 2010 2:10 p.m.

I think that what Microsoft is trying to do is interesting. But I feel that they are not really trying all that hard to target us the hardcore gamers as they are targeting the casual market and parents with kids. It's easier for a father to say "Lets get an Xbox so there are games that I can play and then the kids can do their thing too". As far as Kinect goes I don't see anything that interests me so I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.
  • BishopofHippo93 - June 15, 2010 1:33 p.m.

Microsoft claims it's not deserting is largest audience: the hardcore gamers. I ask "with all this focus on Natal (as far as I'm concerned, that's what it's called), how can you not?" Sure we still saw the "blockbuster" titles like Call of Duty, Halo, and Gears, and that's fine. I'm just disappointed that Microsoft has deemed those projects not as important as pandering to casual gamers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my 360, but I won't be buying Natal.
  • apatheticmocha - June 15, 2010 1:20 p.m.

I think a lot of you are just jaded. MS hasn't lost touch with reality, you have. They still showed all the "core" games for you to swoon over. They're just trying to reach a broader audience and these games WILL appeal to that audience. Case in point: I showed the Kinectimals to my 4 year old daughter and she didn't blink once. My wife wants that fitness game and she's interested in the Adventures one as well. While nothing blew me away personally, I see the potential in it to further involve my family in gaming than they already are and I can't see how that's a bad thing.
  • russman - June 15, 2010 1:02 p.m.

Will Dance Central accurately simulate me sitting in the corner drinking beer and leering at young girl? If not, I'm out.
  • sgloomy - June 15, 2010 12:56 p.m.

is it just me or did that girl from the chat part really didnt have a twin and was just talking to a recorded version of herself?
  • DeviousMonkey - June 15, 2010 12:42 p.m.

Kind of disagree. How can there be so much hate, when it's not actually taking anything from what we all use the 360 anyway? If you dislike the idea of non controlled interaction, just stick to the tried and tested controller. This just gives an alternative, not a new standard.
  • thor0997 - June 15, 2010 12:34 p.m.

I wanted this to be good. But it is, from what we have been shown, Wii HD. And the whole wave or talk to turn on or off seems cool at first untill other noises are intoduced to the universe.
  • DrRock - June 15, 2010 12:32 p.m.

During Kudo's part of the conference I actually felt ashamed at being a gamer. We already have a Wii that doesn't get used at all; why would I go out and spend money on another gimmick motion controller? Star Wars wasn't even cool and of all the sh*t they showed that was the one i was most looking forward to seeing in action. The AI for the stormtroopers were dumber than the whole cast of Jersey Shore.
  • TheBoz - June 15, 2010 12:32 p.m.

Jesus Christ, who the hell is this guy talking, I pushed myself to listen to 55 seconds of him talking. About as much personality as a wet fart in a lightning storm. I am excited about this techonology, but I have a feeling it is going to be a let down and with "businessmen" like this guy nattering on I am just losing interest. What we need to know the most to entice people (and me) to buy this motion detection techonology is a games catalogue. Nothing that grabs the eye you can forget it. I had an infrared laser gun on the C64 that came with the computer, I never once bought a game for it as they weren't any. Steering wheels, joypads and joysticks are popular because of the number of good games that utilise them. Less talk about the techonology, we want more talk of the upcoming games for it. Remember the Sega CD32, consoles like the Jaguar and 3DO plus a few other. With the lack of talk about the games and I am starting to wonder if this is going to be a failed project before it starts just as was a number of consoles. Publicity and advertising is one thing, but not many GOOD QUALITY games is the crunch for all of us.