• ScruffyTheJanitor - June 16, 2010 5:32 a.m.

Kinectimals? Fuck You Microsoft. I mean that doesnt even make sense! How do they get Kinectimals from Kinect and animals?
  • sleepy92ismypsn - June 16, 2010 4:14 a.m.

all microsoft cares about is money and they want to have the same sales as nintendo. i don't understand why the wii is winning sales wise anyways. it makes no sense to me why non gamers would buy more consoles than real gamers. also you can't always dance to the music you want to in a club.
  • sean187 - June 16, 2010 2:58 a.m.

did no one see the star wars kinect trailer? yeah the press conference from MICROSOFT looked stupid but we havent seen much from 3rd party developers like Lionhead. i'm just saying its not out yet and people have already dismissed it
  • Tenfey - June 16, 2010 2:12 a.m.

I want to pet a virtual tiger.
  • AuthorityFigure - June 16, 2010 2:11 a.m.

I think the author has missed the point. If you wanted to do these things in real life you would have already - that's true. But the point is that you DON'T, and now you can in a way that interests you. By your logic, you would do yoga in real life if you pressed buttons to do it... (What?)
  • JADENkOTOR - June 16, 2010 1:34 a.m.

@ Sethorian and kcypher 2000: I completely agree with both of you This is a huge step for tech and will no doubt be implemented in MANY things in the future so you can stop sipping on that hateraid. Your view is over the top cynical and your arguments hold no water. Its easier to press a button? Thats your argument? Not only is that not true but you go on to contradict your entire line of thinking. You say you can go out and do all of this shit already but wouldn't it be EASIER to do yoga, dance, or whatever the fuck your into in your own home? You have lost your grip on reality. And to the 'harcore' gamer nation: DO NOT PANIC! Just because MS is expanding doesn't mean they are leaving us out in the cold. All of the great titles we are used to will still be produced and everything will be merry. And the best part is, unlike the Wii, you don't have to buy one of these things to enjoy the other great shit that 360 has to offer. So you have nothing to complain about.
  • Zeb364 - June 16, 2010 1:27 a.m.

Agreed. The navigation tools have a novelty (which is likely to wear off quickly and is not worth buying Kinect for) and the Star Wars game they showed looked cool but worries me because the jedi on the screen moved before the player did.
  • markshell - June 16, 2010 12:48 a.m.

Motion controls are a good thing if you treat them like "another option" of gameplay, when they are really needed for inovation. Take the DS for example with it's touch controls. There are lots of games that combine the touch controls with the regular ones for great effect, and with the 3DS this might go even further (standard button pad + motion + camera + mic + touch screen + 3D). People are afraid of motion because they think it's here to replace the buttons and that's not true. Only bad developers tuck motion in everything. Truly creative people make games with all technology they can grab on, be it through motion, 3D, buttons or whatever.
  • axemahn - June 16, 2010 12:22 a.m.

i didnt realize that the only demographic in the world were males age 18 and up. stfu, this is not for u DAVE or any other hardcore gamer.
  • CandiedJester - June 15, 2010 11:51 p.m.

I totally and completely agree.
  • Ron009 - June 15, 2010 11:49 p.m.

This article seems completely biased after reading previous articles from Games Radar applauding the Wii and motion controls for brining in new gamers, young gamers, families, and making gaming more main stream. I guess it is all in perspective. If you were watching the Microsoft Press Conference thinking... "What do I get to kill next in HD" "Where is the next big explosion" ...then you were probably dissapointed. If you were watching thinking... "My little girl is going to love those interactive animals" "my son and his friends will have a blast playing that adventure game" "hell yeah, no more turning the controller back on after it turns off when we need to pause the movie" "fantastic, when my son wants to join a game I'm playing no more pausing, signing in, choosing a profile, waiting to load the profile, closing the guide window, closing the other guide, whoops accidentally pressed the guide button as my friend signed on, closing my friend window, and then unpausing" "heck yeah no more scrolling through profiles finding everyone" "oh, man, my wife can get to the games menu easier now and she doesn't have to accidentally play as my avatar" "Wow! I don't have to set up the gradnparents to bowl anymore when they come over to watch the kids, they can wave and talk, excellent!" "excellent, my wife and sister can video chat and our kids and their kids can get together and watch movies even though they moved across the country" "no more danger of flying wii-motes; the TV is saved" ...Well, then maybe you enjoyed the conference a little more. I did.
  • D0CCON - June 15, 2010 11:42 p.m.

I was going into this thinking Natal, err Kinect (it can't be motion controls without a stupid name!) was actually going to be cool. And then they showed HD Wii Sports, HD Mario Kart Wii (although it did look more like Modnation Racers), and HD Wii Fit. Come on! After owning 2 of the systems (PS3 and 360) and being 2 miles away from the third (my grandparents have a Wii that they use for Wii Sports and I use for Galaxy and SSBB), I truly believe 360 is the best. And Microsoft wants to turn it into the Wii, which I think is the worst. So it has Star Wars, but remember the Wii's (again) Clone Wars? That didn't work out too well, did it? E3 was supposed to be the time MS showed how motion control could be done well and how gamers who normally shit on the Wii can enjoy it, not completely rip off Wii. Although it is cool to see MS giving its competition ammo to use against it free of charge.
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - June 15, 2010 11:04 p.m.

Yes, thank you. This completely explains my feelings. The only game with POSSIBLE Kinect control that I was interested in was fable III. I don't care if i can star-trek my way through menus and watch football on my Xbox. That's what TV is for.
  • Rowdie - June 15, 2010 10:49 p.m.

Right. All these gamers fooled themselves into thinking this was going to be for them in spite of the fact they near universally pan the wii. The geewiz factor will last all of three uses. Here's the thing, controllers work. Work really well actually. Back when Sony joined the market, I tried to be positive. All these casual fans will turn into core games. That is not happening. Instead our hobby is now one with the masses. The casual fans are winning.
  • BigScary - June 15, 2010 10:40 p.m.

This writer is just being grumpy. Ever since consoles advanced beyond "press start" to offer up all kinds of entertainment, navigating the menu system with a thumbsticks and 8 million buttons simply marked "A" and "B" has been really awkward. How many times have you thought "UGH, if I only had a mouse for this"? Nintendo went in that direction but did one better by eliminating the mouse pad and reducing the number of buttons. XBox is doing even better - just talk and gesture. No need to find the remote, turn on the light to find the right buttons, or learn a "control scheme" that maps your XBox controller buttons to a decidedly non-gaming experience. My wife looks at an XBox controller like it's the cockpit of an airplane, but she can say "netflix", "play", "pause", and "stop". I get that as gamers, we were hoping for more excitement directed at hardcore gaming at E3, but don't go misplacing that disappointment. This is an awesome solution to a problem that gamers don't acknowledge because they're used to adjusting all console experiences to a controller layout. So to the author - if you're going to be a dinosaur and refuse to at least give new ideas fair consideration, start looking for a new job because you're done in the gaming business.
  • Zeipher - June 15, 2010 10:11 p.m.

Damn, this is the definition of gimmicky.
  • kcypher2000 - June 15, 2010 10:11 p.m.

It sucks that they stopped developing Halo Reach and Gears because of Kinect. Oh wait they didn't? This is completely optional? Then who cares!
  • HaVoK308 - June 15, 2010 10:07 p.m.

And as you say all that I am bombarded with 360 ads plastered all over your website. But whatever puts money in your pocket...right.
  • elpurplemonkey - June 15, 2010 9:26 p.m.

The conference wasn't as bad as Nintendo's with the Wii, and while we are certainly not the target audience here- there are a few neat things with Kinect. That being said, I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'd argue that your view of it is overly cynical.
  • newgames128 - June 15, 2010 9:03 p.m.

I agree for the most part. Not good news at all for the current Xbox fanbase.