• BlackElement17 - November 27, 2010 3:53 a.m.

That was traumatic.
  • Nap1400 - November 27, 2010 2:52 a.m.

10 SPAMMERS IN A ROW?!?!?!?!?!?! COME ON PEOPLE REPORT!!!!!
  • Mikaro - November 26, 2010 11:09 p.m.

Ah. Good ol' Midas hands. I remember when that first happened I was like "Erm..... What?" as my cousins laughed at my ridiculous death.... Of course, I was like 6 so....
  • Fusionmix - November 26, 2010 10:09 p.m.

I remember the drowning death in SM64 would give me nightmares as a child.
  • Doctalen - November 26, 2010 8:36 p.m.

"Seriously. Kill them. Kill them with fire. Kill them with fire, then encase the ashes in a lead capsule, weld it shut, fire it light years through space to a dead planet, encase that planet in lead and then launch it into a black hole. Then burn the black hole." roflmao
  • LIKEUCARE - November 26, 2010 8:09 p.m.

Nice article! And wow... that brings me back some good old memories on the Genesis with Immortal. Man I liked that game real bad back then! Totally gory in every ways! I wish EA would make a reboot/sequel to it... the game would be so much better with today's tech! Dead Space has many gruesome deaths... oh yeah! I'm surprised AVP ain't there... head-munching with the alien is amazing! And the Predator "spinal-head removal" from AVP 2010... really gory! Even if the game sucked...
  • mubobi7593 - November 26, 2010 7:47 p.m.

Oh wow Waxworks is pretty eff'd up. The worst (best?) imo are at 4:05 and 7:35
  • revrock - November 26, 2010 7:40 p.m.

Whoa... isn't Waxworks based on this movie? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096426/ I don't know anything about Elvira's connection (if any) but this is the one I remember from back in the day.
  • revrock - November 26, 2010 7:36 p.m.

Sonic the Hedgehog drowning always get me...
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - November 26, 2010 7:26 p.m.

I'm still traumatised by sonic drowning in Sonic & Knuckles. Thank god I never owned a 64.
  • JPorFavor - November 26, 2010 6:44 p.m.

Right when I saw that picture I yelled: "Gandaaaaalf!" Wonderful article.
  • Turboash - November 26, 2010 6:43 p.m.

Wow, Waxworks is F'd up!
  • Japanaman - November 26, 2010 5:27 p.m.

I remember the Gold Lara death. Quite memorable. What I don't get is deaths like Mario committing suicide when time runs out.
  • LordPwnge18 - November 26, 2010 5:04 p.m.

ah, kirby's dreamland 3 was the first game i ever completed 100%. Zero was pretty disturbing, but the trauma really started going in Kirby 64 with O2. Im pretty sure O2 bled like a mortal kombat character, too.
  • metroid2099400 - November 26, 2010 4:55 p.m.

I'm sort of surprised that the 2D Prince of Persia games aren't on this list. I still wince when I fall into lava and see him trying to claw his way out, or get suddenly chopped in half because I didn't notice a small slit in the wall.
  • garnsr - November 26, 2010 4:53 p.m.

The awesome deaths were what made the insane difficulty in the Immortal worth dealing with for a little while.
  • gelatinabomination - November 26, 2010 4:36 p.m.

Sweet mother of fuck. I've never heard of Waxworks, but... damn.
  • P0LARCLAW - November 26, 2010 4:15 p.m.

Ohh Heart of Darkness, how were you ever rated E?
  • oryandymackie - November 26, 2010 3:59 p.m.

Sorry, but the most disturbing death belongs to any game whose vanquished enemies disappear after they've been dispatched. I mean, where do these people GO?!
  • ShaneCedt - November 26, 2010 3:45 p.m.

Holy shit, the last one ... the "moving vines" death. Geez.