• JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 2:59 p.m.

You know... I loved Pokemon, but it has become too complex with all these hidden abilities and stats. I'm just going to sit here with my Eevee, Jigglypuff, Farfetch'd team and pout like an old man.
  • CrashmanX - November 4, 2013 5:15 p.m.

Bro EVs/IVs have been around since Gen II.
  • JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 5:41 p.m.

I played Blue and Yellow to the point of absolute completion. No game ever held my attention after that, except Fire Red, but only because it was a remake and I payed zero attention to any of my pokemon's stats. Eevee, Jigglypuff, and Farfetch'd for life.
  • YamiLink03 - November 4, 2013 5:46 p.m.

Not everyone is cut out to be a pokemon master.
  • JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 6:02 p.m.

Well, that's a bit narrow minded. Pokemon is not about being the best, or defeating other trainers. It's about the journey, the memories shared with your pokemon and the enjoyment felt with every adventure. My full team is Eevee, Jigglypuff, Snolax, Lapras, Ninetales, and Farfetch'd. In later generations I put in Misdreavus and Serperior. Why? because I like those pokemon, because having them in my party made my journey more enjoyable, more romantic, more suited towards me as a player. In the end, Pokemon Blue will forever be one of my favorite RPGs because of those adventures I had long ago and because of those pokemon I choose. I am individual, a pokemon master in my own way. I don't need to be number one; I just need to be myself.
  • YamiLink03 - November 4, 2013 6:12 p.m.

Meanwhile, Nintendo hosts tournaments to see who really is the year's pokemon champion of the world.
  • JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 6:20 p.m.

I pity you my friend... There are more important things in life than being number one...
  • Lv24Magmar - November 5, 2013 4:01 a.m.

I envy you, i've been playing since Red and Blue also but i've never been able to settle on a team. I just can't make up my mind because there are so many and I love them all. It's a nightmare, I can't hold a team together long enough to even beat the Elite Four...
  • Sinosaur - November 4, 2013 6:36 p.m.

The message of Pokemon is that they're your friends. You teach them and they teach you. Anyone who ever thinks they've got a right to put someone down for playing a game wrong (especially one with as many ways to play as Pokemon) is probably missing out on a lot of the fun. Everyone is going around battling, I'm just spending my time trying to catch as many Pokemon as I can. Fill up my Pokedex and, most of all, have the ability to share cool Pokemon with other people when I find some that are harder to get. Enjoy your Adventure with your Pokefriends, and all the haters are just water under the Lapras.
  • garnsr - November 4, 2013 7:26 p.m.

It's "Gotta catch 'em all," not "Gotta master 'em all."
  • Lv24Magmar - November 5, 2013 4:07 a.m.

That's true, the best part of Pokémon games is when you're just starting out and don't know which ones are on each route. I restart my games all the time because for me the best part is the journey, not the battling or trading.