• shawksta - November 4, 2013 6:56 p.m.

I soft resetted the game for 2 weeks but i finally got my Shiny Chespin and im happy about it :D Also even with a pokemon with Sticky Hold Chain Fishing is still pretty hard, as the tension can cause you to accidently press A too fast or take too long.
  • Doctalen - November 4, 2013 8:16 p.m.

How often did you do a soft reset a day o.O
  • shawksta - November 4, 2013 10:35 p.m.

Depends I have around 2-3 a day different times where i can do it nonstop while being distracted for around 1-2 hours depending and its usually 2 minutes to go through the whole thing.
  • J-Fid - November 4, 2013 8:26 p.m.

Congrats! Took ya long enough, I'm impressed you kept at it.
  • shawksta - November 4, 2013 10:37 p.m.

Never lost the passion Its Naive Nature, but ill work my way around it, it doesnt affect Chespin's strong points being Attack and Defense
  • Shinn - November 4, 2013 6:05 p.m.

I hatched a shiny Dragonite with an adamant nature and near perfect ivs (max speed/attack and 20+ in all other stats). Zach was impressed when I showed it to him during the extra life stream :D
  • JarkayColt - November 5, 2013 5:04 a.m.

Technically speaking you can't hatch a Shiny Dragonite, but I know what you mean, lawls XD Lucky! Was you intentionally using the Masuda method/breeding for those IVs or did it just kind of happen unexpectedly? I hatched a Jolly Shiny Blitzle with 2 31s by "accident", pfft. =p Shame one of those 31s was...Defense. But I love Shinies because even if you're half expecting it, it's still a surprise, weirdly.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 4, 2013 2:59 p.m.

I caught a shiny Ariados yesterday in Friend Safari with no chaining. It was so thrilling. I almost used my master ball (I didn't). The only disappointment was that it's moveset was different from one I'd caught in there a couple of days before that knew some very useful moves. But I still love that girl. Named her Arachne because she's so beautiful, but also a spider.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 4, 2013 5:13 p.m.

WHAT?! YOU LUCKY SON OF A BIDOOF.
  • YamiLink03 - November 4, 2013 5:16 p.m.

I caught a shiny ditto in the friend safari. Seems even likelier to get shinies in there than the outside world.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 4, 2013 5:29 p.m.

I thought the same thing. But after 6 gens I figure I was due a shiny encounter lol
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 4, 2013 5:28 p.m.

I would legitimately consider trading her, Coop. For the right, shiny price.
  • YamiLink03 - November 4, 2013 5:32 p.m.

Methinks Coop should share his friend code so some of the GR community can trade/battle him >_>
  • C.King - November 4, 2013 6:06 p.m.

that'd be fun but might not be fair, gaming's his job so he can't spend a ridiculous amount of time on his teams. but screw that thought i want more friend safaris!
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 4, 2013 6:07 p.m.

He tweeted it around Pokelaunch, but it would be cool if some more editors wanted to do the same.
  • J-Fid - November 4, 2013 8:28 p.m.

You can't use the PokeRadar at the Friend Safari anyways, I've tried. Though, congrats on the shiny.
  • JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 2:59 p.m.

You know... I loved Pokemon, but it has become too complex with all these hidden abilities and stats. I'm just going to sit here with my Eevee, Jigglypuff, Farfetch'd team and pout like an old man.
  • CrashmanX - November 4, 2013 5:15 p.m.

Bro EVs/IVs have been around since Gen II.
  • JMarsella09 - November 4, 2013 5:41 p.m.

I played Blue and Yellow to the point of absolute completion. No game ever held my attention after that, except Fire Red, but only because it was a remake and I payed zero attention to any of my pokemon's stats. Eevee, Jigglypuff, and Farfetch'd for life.
  • YamiLink03 - November 4, 2013 5:46 p.m.

Not everyone is cut out to be a pokemon master.