• Sy87 - February 21, 2013 2:31 p.m.

Kai Leng really that guy. Seemed more like a b****. I get it he is a ninja but he was trying to confront you up front but than run away. In a fist fight I'm sure he go down like an everyday chump.
  • BladedFalcon - February 21, 2013 2:43 p.m.

In the games it might seem that way, but apparently in the novels he was a certified bad-ass, killing an important character by sharpening a toothbrush into a shank, or something like that, I was told. And in all fairness, it's not like Shepard ever fought him mano a mano, what with his two squad teammates always backing him up.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 21, 2013 2:06 p.m.

Eh, I don't think Adam could be considered a cyborg Ninja. A cyborg, yes. But a ninja? Great list though. I completely forgot about Kai Leng. He was so cool. I really wanted him as a team member.
  • BladedFalcon - February 21, 2013 2:48 p.m.

Why not? he uses stealth as his main weapon, has an arsenal of gadgets that both serve as distraction theatrics, or murder weapons, and uses a blade. How exactly is he anything else but a ninja?
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 25, 2013 1:45 p.m.

I would actually consider him more of an assassin than a ninja. I guess I have this set idea about what a ninja should be. For example, would you consider any of Assassin Creed's main character a ninja? I know this can debated to the smallest detail so Ill just say that it is my opinion.
  • BladedFalcon - February 25, 2013 3:25 p.m.

...But you're wrong, Adam isn't necessarily an assassin, since he could very well go trough his entire journey without killing a single soul. Just like Ninjas, who sometimes engaged in only espionage without been seen, or assassinations. Furthermore, last item I checked, an assassin is a broad term which as I understand it, is only defined by a person murdering someone else as part of a job, contract or mission. So you have very much very distinct kinds of assassins, Ninjas are potentially one, hitmen are another, mercenaries are another. The difference is that Ninjas usually embrace stealth far more than the other kinds of assassins. Just like Jensen does.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 25, 2013 3:42 p.m.

Yeah, you're definitely right about Jensen's choice to kill or not. But if you were to say that the embracement of stealth is a key item in defining a ninja, then could we say Snake, or Gabriel Logan are considered Ninjas? Everyone has their own opinion, and I can understand and respect where you're coming from, but to me Adam just doesn't fit the role of a ninja. He is (by player choice) an assassin or a peace loving merc.