• Nintygameplayerperson - July 29, 2011 6:19 p.m.

If only they would localize four certain games. Yeah, I'm having fun with these AllIsBrawl ladder matches and still having fun with Brawl in general (along with some other games like Goldeneye and Mario Kart), but damn it, I want some new stuff.
  • Defguru7777 - July 29, 2011 5:51 p.m.

Well, with the Wii U coming next year, it's not surprising the Wii is experiencing a downturn, but you're right. This is depressing. I'm planning on picking up Skyward Sword and the Kirby Wii game. The last game I bought was Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it came out. Granted, I've missed a lot of good Wii games (Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M, and Tales of Symphonia 2) that I'm planning on picking up... eventually.
  • HaVoK308 - July 29, 2011 5:42 p.m.

Hopefully Microsoft and Sony are watching closely. Hopefully they realize if you abandon core gamers in order to push casual and gimmicks there will be consequences. Sure you will have a couple good years, but financial security and longevity is only accomplished by investing in the core gamers. Not casual, not motion controls, and certainly not 3D.
  • HaVoK308 - July 29, 2011 5:36 p.m.

Mario Galaxy 1&2, New Super Mario Bros, Quirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Returns. These games are phenomenal. But these are the only games I have played on the Wii since it's release. That is pretty sad.
  • Rowdie - July 29, 2011 5:36 p.m.

The fan base is saving up their dollars for The U!
  • SCW - July 29, 2011 4:47 p.m.

Last game I bought was DKC Returns. Loved it but sold my Wii cause Nintendo has abandoned me as a gamer.
  • shawksta - July 29, 2011 4:38 p.m.

For the love of god,No Shit. We all know Nintendo isnt Fat 3rd Party Hoggers like sony and microsoft and yet people act as if theres supposed to be AAA Titles every month. Also why are people acting as if were supposed to play only new games?we still have games to play, I havnt finished Galaxy 2 %200 yet, nearly everyone is still playing smash bros. brawl, I still play my old wii games like super paper mario,Punch out and little kings story and there ARE ALLOT of games from 2010 and before it that are Awesome. Skyward sword isnt the only one Cundy, Kirby Wii looks promising, Mario Party 9 might suprise us, and we still got the likes of Xenoblade and,last story. Considering its the wiis last amount of time, these titles seems to be going all out, Skyward sword is beutiful, Kirby's mixing 64 and superstar, and MP9 looks HUGELY better than MP8 and suprisingly looks slighty better than new super mario bros wii. Having a 360 and Wii gives me best of both worlds and I REALLY love my wii games that I keep coming back playing
  • crystalmask - July 29, 2011 4:26 p.m.

I can already see the title of the probably in-working article "The rise, fall and crash of Nintendo-- filled with motion control and 3D!!" I know a lot of this isn't unwarranted but like pr0tostar said, Hateweek seems to have kicked up early in regards to bashing Nintendo lol
  • TheDeathishRainbow - July 29, 2011 3:58 p.m.

Wow, that's really sad. Nintendo needs to step it up, obviously.
  • Tikicobra - July 29, 2011 3:14 p.m.

You're basing an entire article on Metacritic scores? Not that I disagree, but this article is poorly presented.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - July 29, 2011 3:06 p.m.

As an xbox owner I though my console was having a terrible year...this just looks abysmal, lets hope the Wii U is up to scratch because if it nose dives then i'd be seriously concerned for Ninetendo
  • Yeager1122 - July 29, 2011 3:04 p.m.

I sold my wii a while ago thought about buying a new one just for any of the good games i missed out on.
  • TheDigitalG - July 29, 2011 2:44 p.m.

Jesus, stop saying Nintendo is dead. Nintendo will be here in a hundred years. You cynical, sensationalist retards shouting about the 'new SEGA' need to stop, srsly.
  • kassmageant - July 29, 2011 2:38 p.m.

Yea, right, not so long ago everyone was praising OoT, that was ok, now some grim, but true informations surface - IT'S HATIN!
  • wrayday - July 29, 2011 2:36 p.m.

There is something profound here. After the game market crashed in the 80's due to shovel ware games Nintendo saved the day with its strict control over content for the NES. Now, it seems Nintendo has become what it tried to prevent in the past.
  • Shanetexas - July 29, 2011 2:22 p.m.

You UK guys are going nuts screaming about how hard Nintendo failing with graphs and whatnot. But hey, at least your government won't fault on its debts!
  • keltar93 - July 29, 2011 2:11 p.m.

Pity. Last year was really great for the Wii- a lot of good first and third party software. Massively disappointing there's nothing now
  • GunsForShow - July 29, 2011 2:10 p.m.

I bought a Wii at launch, got shot of it a couple of years ago and now I'm thinking maybe I'll get one again cheap to play any quality games I may have missed in between (Super Mario Galaxy 2, DKC Returns etc) plus Zelda when it's out. It's just a shame it's taken so long to build up a (still pretty modest) catalogue of solid games. And you're right Willbroom, Zack and Wiki was quite pants.
  • willbroom - July 29, 2011 1:47 p.m.

Last one i played was Zack and Wiki which was £4 second hand. To be honest despite being one of the higher rated Wii games i still thought it was a bit pants. A Shadows Tale is literally the only Wii game i have enjoyed and that would only rank as 'ok'. However i am a skanky skinflint so i've not bought the Donkey Kong's/Marios because Nintendo published Wii games are a farking rip off.
  • purple_omlet - July 29, 2011 1:47 p.m.

As much as I don't like to admit it, Nintendo is going to end up like Sega. This generations console war is much like the last. Nintendo and Sony kill Sega. Now it's Nintendo's turn to bite the dust.