• egregious - August 3, 2011 5:49 a.m.

Quite possibly my second favorite 2011 title behind Portal 2.
  • bigwill1221 - August 3, 2011 5:59 a.m.

Maybe this could teach nintendo about localizing games?.. Yes i know this wasnt for wii... but still lol
  • Shanetexas - August 3, 2011 6:17 a.m.

I don't know why, but I'm scared of this game (and I usually play horror/violent games)
  • Linktoreality - August 3, 2011 6:35 a.m.

If I had a 360 of my own, I'd quite possibly pick it up now. Since I don't, I'll wait 'til it's cheaper, then play it on my friend's system.
  • quincytheodore - August 3, 2011 6:38 a.m.

I'm serious happy right now. My faith in humanity, or just gaming industry, has been slightly restored. Now, why don't you use the money and make Persona 5, Atlus? :)
  • Afrodisiac39 - August 3, 2011 7:09 a.m.

I think it's the fact that people are finally beginning to feel the repetitiveness of modern gaming. Catherine is a game that takes risks, huge risks and in the end has done something no other video game has ever done. As far as I can remember, there has never been a more mature approach to relationships in video games. Sure the actual story itself is extremely wacky but Vincent's struggle is real and probably more relatable than most would admit. It's an engrossing story once you really get into it and the sexuality is only so much of it. Then again I'm sure the game was bought heavily on the *ahem* 'risque' parts of it by many people.
  • kassmageant - August 3, 2011 8:19 a.m.

atlus games are reason to own a ds - to hell with that fat italian plumber ADHD crackhead. if they're gonna make more hd stuff i can't be happier i was going to buy catherine eventually but this actually pushed it up on my wish list, it fells good to support developer when he deservs it
  • jackthemenace - August 3, 2011 9:25 a.m.

Totally called this. i wanted it ever since the eginning, before it was released in Japan, let alone the US. Can't wait for the EU release, hopefully try and get the Love Is Over edition.
  • shawksta - August 3, 2011 11:31 a.m.

Great for Atlus! I love their games that are actually different, I am still loving Trauma Team to death, it just sucks that the series is underrated!
  • Kilburn474 - August 3, 2011 2:52 p.m.

Take note Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden: MARKETING and meaty gameplay go ALOT longer than "Oh, these guys who made those games you love are making these new games that arent very long or worth replays. But what the hell, we're just gonna throw them out there with zero marketing anyway!" I've already poured 15 hours into Catherine. I'm at the end but had to stop playing on Friday because my controller broke thanks to my excellent roommate... It is fantastic and is my favorite game of 2011 by far.
  • Errrrbo - August 3, 2011 3:56 p.m.

I beat this game yesterday, and it absolutely fucking rules. Buy it immediately!
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - August 3, 2011 5:28 p.m.

This is GREAT news considering all we've been hearing about recently is the failure of new IP's such as Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden, once the PAL version reaches Europe im looking forward to giving this a go...
  • laurenhiya21 - August 3, 2011 9:18 p.m.

Wow that really is a nice surprise D: I think it looks pretty good,(haven't gotten it yet) but I never thought it would do well in NA Anyways congrats to Atlus!
  • JohnDagger - August 5, 2011 5:33 a.m.

I bought it to make sure they had lots of munnies for Persona 5.