• centrip - July 15, 2011 10:11 a.m.

I might pay for it but I'll be demanding my money back if I ever get a hint of hacked servers or god modes or youtube addresses floating across the screen. I'll never forget the time on Karachi when a guy FLOATED DOWN OUT OF THE SKY AND QUICK SCOPED ME. I'm not mad - it happened man!
  • Zeb364 - July 15, 2011 10:08 a.m.

@spekko: That would be pointless. If you pay to subscribe you get all DLC (map packs included) free and that comes straight from Activision's press release today. In regards to Bungie.net comment, of course it's incredibly similar. They saw a great service and said "hey, that would work great for us as well". Just cause Halo fans get great community features doesn't mean no one else can. Hell, take it as a compliment, Halo's biggest competitor has just acknowledged that Bungie.net is such a great idea that they should do the same for their fans. As for Elite, I'm not sure what to think. I'll obviously try it since it's free but I'm not interested in any serious way since I'm not really into COD in any major way. And I know it can work for the less interested to, I read the article, we'll see.
  • Zeb364 - July 15, 2011 10:06 a.m.

@spekko: That would be pointless. If you pay to subscribe you get all DLC (map packs included) free and that comes straight from Activision's press release today. As for Elite, I'm not sure what to think. I'll obviously try it since it's free but I'm not interested in any serious way since I'm not really into COD in any major way. And I know it can work for the less interested to, I read the article, we'll see.
  • RicePuddingUK - July 15, 2011 9:52 a.m.

Wow it looks JUST like Bungie.net...except Bungie is free, this is nothing new, they're 4 years overdue
  • LewisR - July 15, 2011 9:48 a.m.

It's like looking inside how my head worked playing COD 4. The heat maps and tactics. You could judge how play would flow, since then it seems too random or maybe I just haven't taken as much time learning maps. So this could be helpful, aslong as it means smart experimental thinking pays off again, not single minded single gun approach.
  • Limbo - July 15, 2011 8:14 a.m.

Seems to have taken a lot from the services Bungie already provides for their Halo games on their website, which isn't necessarily bad. I wonder what the stuff you have to pay for will be like...
  • Jedipimp0712 - July 15, 2011 6:40 a.m.

Dear DICE, Put this in battlefield 3 and don't charge for it because you guys are awesome. then you will stop the juggernaut known as Call Of Duty and they will have to rethink their "lets pump out the same thing over and over again like madden to milk our franchise that was once great." Dear Activision, Make call of duty NOT have 4 multiplayer map packs come out for $15 a piece when you sell millions of copies of your game. its annoying. dont you remember a time when you were younger activision? and all these "map packs" were called either "expansions" or "patches" and were FREE? yeah, i dont remember much of it either. it was too fucking long ago. as a side note, i am going to get MW3, and BF3. i do not think i will play Mw3 as much as BF3 because i like the realistic bullet drops, team work, and overall quality of BF3 better than the just run and gun of CoD where you don't need a team to slaughter another team (i know, ive done it more times than i can remember). also getting BF3 for PC for the 64 player multiplayer. thats a win all in its own Activison.
  • Yeager1122 - July 15, 2011 6:23 a.m.

And yet this still wont get me to play call of duty again.
  • RedOutlive10 - July 15, 2011 6:09 a.m.

WHOA... recording replays and stats. Welcome to 90 years ago. Modern Warfare, as always, raising the bar. I find it funny because CoD is in the dictionary for "unbalanced multiplayer".
  • CommandantOreo - July 15, 2011 5:45 a.m.

Zigzmagoo:Please, as if Bungie did anything like this first. Console fanboy.
  • CommandantOreo - July 15, 2011 5:43 a.m.

wow, this is pretty sick! I will use the free version extensively, I'll consider the paid version some other time. I can't wait to see who the best player in my town is.
  • ShowMeYourKitties - July 15, 2011 3:33 a.m.

What everyone else will like: playing Battlefield 3
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - July 15, 2011 3:08 a.m.

Think of it like playstation+ and psn. Psn is free but if you want something better pay for +. Either way, i dont play enough CoD to care about this.
  • BackwaterRifle - July 15, 2011 2:49 a.m.

It is a complete rip off of Bungie.com but still it does look a lot nicer than I thought it would. Still not getting MW3 at launch, but I might borrow it for the campaign.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - July 15, 2011 2:38 a.m.

Im sure this will be an awesome addition to the call of duty experience, but as a Halo fan I fel obliged to point out most of the ideas are ripped straight from Bungie's multiplayer support which they have been providing for years, heat-maps and stats ect..sure there are some new features but nothing that isnt just a logical development of what was already there.
  • Rinaldvonizeburn - July 15, 2011 2:20 a.m.

competitive gaming lol I'd rather see my scores in wii fit than this and I don't even play wii fit.
  • NelosAngelos - July 15, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Never had interest in Call of Duty...still don't. I really do not enjoy it period, and I'm about as mediocre in multiplayer as a palsy victim trying to do brain surgery with a pipe wrench. Yet it's only on this franchise of games. Halo Waypoint imitation isn't going to reassure me that I won't die...repeatedly, agonizingly, frustratingly in this game.
  • StoneDreadnaught - July 15, 2011 2:06 a.m.

Hey, if all the stuff shown in the article is free, I'm on board. If not, I simply won't use the service. I'm kinda on the fence with MW3 anyway; I think I'll get Bioshock: Infinite instead.
  • ZigzMagoo - July 15, 2011 1:06 a.m.

Sounds basically the same as what Bungie has had for years
  • spekko - July 15, 2011 12:53 a.m.

What can Activision put in to convince me to subscribe? How about a contract signed in Bobby Kotick's blood to stop with the $15 map packs?