• MrBrlghtslde - August 21, 2010 9:09 a.m.

Why isn't it fitting with the BioShock name? Is it because it isn't underwater, or possibly because the setting's brighter? In my opinion BioShock represents biological enhancements and Social Darwinism, coupled with corruption and human nature. This seems to fit the bill to me, why not you?
  • Memph - August 21, 2010 3:17 a.m.

Um..weren't the weak BDs in Bio2 called Alphas? And they've lost me somewhat with the date so long prior to events we know of Rapture. In Bio 2 we're specifically told of how alphas were tested and why they created the big daddy and the protective bond. One of Gil's logs are: "We lost another of the Alpha Series Protectors today in testing. Somewhere outside the city limits, he simply vanished. For these men, Rapture has no walls." Is this game confirmed to be solid canon in the series? Early days it certainly is, and i have little doubt the game will be as good as the others, but it's not quite fitting with the Bioshock name for me atm. All i can get from that banner pic is apparently Columbia doesn't like deformed babies, considers them waste, though it's cool if their heads emit sunshine...
  • HawtKakez - August 21, 2010 2:07 a.m.

Nice to know, but this info doesn't seem to go very far. Oh well, better than nothing.
  • WaffleLeech - August 21, 2010 1:42 a.m.

I can't get enough BioShock, personally
  • sleepy92ismypsn - August 21, 2010 1:22 a.m.

I thought that was Andrew Ryan when I first saw the trailer but that's impossible. It might be his dad but If Infinite is set in 1912 then Andrew Ryan probably wasn't even born yet. I wish They would've waited a little while longer before revealing this game because the wait keeps getting harder.
  • Jacko415 - August 21, 2010 1:18 a.m.

Im sooo pumped for this. even though it comes out in 2012 @oufour How is she ugly? someone has some high standards... @Embolado Way to spoil one of the best parts of Bio2 (little sister)
  • Helios - August 21, 2010 1:13 a.m.

I'm intrigued. I like how this is turning out (even though we don't know much about it yet), and I can't wait for more information.
  • FrozenImplosion - August 21, 2010 1:08 a.m.

@Embolado Agreed, Bioshock 2 definitely had some great moments. Though, Bioshock 1 had more, and DEFINITELY had a sense of wonder. Although, then again, I had a sense of wonder a bunch of times in B2... Like your first time outside Rapture and underwater, and the times you mentioned as well. Either way, I'm glad the Bioshock world/ universe is going to live on, but I'm sad to leave Rapture. After BSI I hope for a prequel to Rapture's story :]
  • Redeater - August 21, 2010 1:07 a.m.

Have to agree with Embolado on this one. I think Bioshock 2 was made even better because they did not give it a "What a twist!". Also, while the story for bioshock 1 was great I have gone through bioshock 2 more times because of the refined gameplay.
  • FrozenImplosion - August 21, 2010 1:05 a.m.

Well heres to BSI being great... and having no multiplayer :]
  • Embolado - August 21, 2010 1:04 a.m.

wow mattdawarrior are you sure we are talking about the same game? Bioshock 2 , for me anyways, had alot of great moments that are some of best in the Bioshock series. Fighting your first big sister, trying to protect the little sisters while they were gathering adam, and by far my fave is when you play as a little sister and seeing the Rapture thru her eyes. Yeah maybe it didnt have the hugh twist at the end, but the journey was fantastic.
  • RedOutlive10 - August 21, 2010 1:03 a.m.

I hope Irrational will change things to make this gamefeel substantially different from Bioshock. I liked the game but it feel way too much like System Shock 2 in some things, the story was carbon copied for example.
  • miningguyx360 - August 21, 2010 1:03 a.m.

Regarding #10 I'm feeling like American pride is turning into something of a Nazi-like exclusion of outsiders. America is turning into "The Perfect Race" in their eyes.
  • oufour - August 21, 2010 12:54 a.m.

good to know that's not the final version of the girl. DAMN she's ugly. and i can't wait to see alpha.
  • Redeater - August 21, 2010 12:50 a.m.

man i can't wait!!
  • Mattdawarrior - August 21, 2010 12:49 a.m.

Bioshock 2 was quite a letsown in the "Ooo-Aah" department. This seems to be fixing that in droves. Way to go BioDevs!