• JohnnyMaverik - May 14, 2009 12:05 a.m.

Personally I hope they just do the obvious, expand on rapture, fill out the blanks, give us a story that at least approaches the level of Bioshock's, give us a more satisfying ending and then leave it... rapture isnt big enough for a Bioshock 3... although from what ive read they in no way shape or form want to leave what will become a series after 2 comes out =/ Still, the best thing about Bioshock was its story and characters, if they can replicate that value, with out copying the origional they're on to a winner even if it doesnt quite reach the hights of the first in my opinion. Bioshock was awesome so a big worse than Bioshock is still bloody brilliant.
  • Unoriginal - May 13, 2009 10:56 p.m.

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said before. I think I'll just sit back and see how the game turns out. I'm not being optimistic though.
  • MechGyver - May 13, 2009 10:56 p.m.

F.E.A.R + F.E.A.R 2 == Bioshock + Bioshock 2 == 0
  • Demonflare - May 13, 2009 10:54 p.m.

Wat! I wanted to be featured in his list of good comments for Bioshock2! :(
  • SunshineHobo - May 13, 2009 10:03 p.m.

I loved the first Bioshock and right now, i'm actually pretty warm on the Big Sister. It might be contrived, but its interesting. I'm hopeful, because we can't stop it now, its like Juggernaut, he just keeps coming.
  • jar-head - May 13, 2009 7:42 p.m.

Houghton Wins. Brit's are not pissy, it's just his opinion, and the concept that he even Wrote about this in this follow up, says so. We actually need more people like David to argue with.
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - May 13, 2009 4:33 p.m.

Cool, I got mentioned. Thanks!
  • erreip199 - May 13, 2009 4:31 p.m.

One of the aspects i enjoyed the most about first bioshock was its totally unexpected plot twist, i remember shooting walls in rage and i also do recall the mentioned feeling of doubt to fight when encountering a big daddy ill miss that experience but hopefully new experiences shall be implemented in the sequel
  • garnsr - May 13, 2009 4:24 p.m.

Argument is an intellectual process, it isn't just saying "no it isn't." And lots of games go off in the wrong direction even though the developers start off with an idea they think is good, but just doesn't pan out. Letting them know our thoughts could help them keep it on the right track. And it might turn out like Devil May Cry, good first game, not so good sequel, good prequel for the third.
  • LoaMcLoa - May 13, 2009 3:36 p.m.

(Take away the "I" in the "I sequal might work" comment and put in a "A" instead xD Also I'm aware of that I spelled sequel wrong. I'm abit sleepy ^^)
  • LoaMcLoa - May 13, 2009 3:33 p.m.

Ok.. I sequal might work.. But arn't they a bit too desperate? I mean: Big sister?.. Geez just call it Wanna-Be Big Daddy.. And the fact that you're playing as a Big Daddy yourself is not so original either :S And I would like to go to another place than Rapture once again :( But I think this will be a masterpiece anyway, just like the first one :D
  • DEC4D3 - May 13, 2009 2:41 p.m.

I apologize for a 2nd post but. The bit where I stated "Why not just play as a splicer?", I meant to say, why did we have to be a Big Daddy? I mean Splicers are a staple mark of Bioshock and are just as important as the Big D aren't they? There were so many possibilities for 2 (Maybe even a Tycoon game!!!.......>.<?) and 2K should of explored them first before production. Nuff Said from me!
  • DEC4D3 - May 13, 2009 2:37 p.m.

Sorry I might rant a bit here. =/ and repeat whats already been said..Just a opinion and thought, also its in NO ORDER because I am thinking and writing at the same time =). ALSO THIS BIG POST MIGHT HAVE SOME SPOILERS! Reading through this really gets me thinking.. And the fact how I agree with most of the Negative points here. I mean playing as a big daddy? That kinda ruins it as someone stated in the article and it should TOTALLY be like a short part of a game (e.g RE4 Ada as mr.David stated). What would of been a more original idea was like some Action Survival game so you scavenge food and eughh water? And if you don't eat you get things like dizzy vision, decreased stamina or something, stay true to the original! (Yes too much Fallout 3 goodness =P). Bioshock was a instant favourite for me, a environment that draws you in and is real is every aspect, the deep story and characters so many things made Bioshock such a great game even today it stuns me with fantastic effects and scripted events, hell even the water was real..ish...kinda..eh....cool? The good blend of FPS action and a LITTLE RPG stuff made Bioshock stand out from the point-and-shoot FPS crowd. Maybe BS2 could of (NO ITS NOT BULL SHIT 2 >=O) had hand to hand combat! And maybe Plasmids could of had negative effects on the player so you have to think ahead! Playing as a Big daddy isn't a all bad concept with all the drillin and pillagin and the shootin but it was meant to be a Game sequence that lasted what. 2 levels or so? I mean who doesnt miss fearing every corner, looking for shadows, scavenging for items when you hear a sound, all these factors made Bioshock a deep deep gaming experience that lasted from the very start to the end. But then again, why don't we just play as a splicer? Playing as Jack made us unique and kind of a invader to Rapture so while Jack may of been a normal guy you pass everyday on the streets, he was a intruder, a outsider of sorts to Rapture but as the story unfolded Jack started to slowly fit in and play a vital part to the story which was to me, a very very nice touch. How the developers handle Character Development is going to be interesting but at the same time I fear that the characters will be forgettable. After watching the gameplay trailer just then, I realise how no offense...BLAND Bioshock 2 looks, yes it has the awesome Plasmid powahs but they weren't new and seemed to be slightly boring and how the weapons didnt really seem unique. The drill was my biggest disappointment, NOT.EXCITING.AT.ALL. Four words to describe what I saw...HOWEVER The big sister does kind of appeal to me, and the plot on how she came to be but I am worried on how she will intervene with Mr.First Big Daddy, scripted or un-scripted random encounters? Also the fact how Little sisters remain virtually unchanged, protecting them while they harvest, which is just really taking one part of Bioshock and just put it all over the place. Well I have talked alot and I apologize for ranting like some fan boi but my thoughts were begging to be..reaD?
  • skyline19 - May 13, 2009 1:56 p.m.

As soon I saw bioshock 2 announced I was sceptic. This has only made me more sceptical. :( Damnit! Great feedback though.