• Nikku7 - November 14, 2013 4:52 p.m.

Good list. Feels like there's been quite a few bigger outbursts in recent years than some of these. Does the Xbox One thing not count because it's technically next-gen then? Because that's one of the biggest outrages at something I've ever seen.
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2013 7:40 p.m.

That's probably why, yes XD You can expect it to headline the inevitable list with he outrages that will no doubt occur during the next gen :P
  • Nikku7 - November 14, 2013 7:45 p.m.

Fair enough, lol...
  • awesomesauce - November 14, 2013 3:08 p.m.

EA's SimCity DRM outrage? Come on, you guys wrote an article of how bad it was! That crabot & CoD one i've never heard of
  • TheGooseinator - November 14, 2013 2:25 p.m.

The Black Ops II thing is ridiculous. Makes me ashamed of the community I involve myself in. Shame a few crazy people can ruin the reputation of an entire medium.
  • KnightDehumidifier - November 14, 2013 1:42 p.m.

Modern Warfare 2's No Dedicated Server boycott? Nintendo's E3 of 2008 which became all about family-friendly stuff with the most awkward moment of Wii Music? Microsoft's E3 of 2012 which led to Trey and Matt coming on stage for the Stick of Truth to jab at their multi-operational concept? Doritogate? The Gerstmann/Gamespot Kane and Lynch debacle? The eye-opening revelation that much of Capcom's games had DLC that was already included on the disc and people paid for a 156kb "key" to use the DLC? Just a few.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 14, 2013 1:31 p.m.

God I remember the Resident Evil 5 outrage. Man the fact is black people were already getting shot BEFORE this game came out, sorry, but playing the race card is worn out. Mass Effect 3 ending......you know if people were easy to satisfy the world would be perfect, but no it's not perfect. Fans are a blessing and a curse, but hey if there was a way to stop it, it would have happened by now or tried.
  • coreydarnell - November 14, 2013 2:45 p.m.

Blacks being shot has nothing to with this game. Stop deflecting, and stay on topic, bigot.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 14, 2013 3:18 p.m.

I am not a bigot, how dare you!!!!
  • Pooka - November 14, 2013 4:19 p.m.

Nope, not a bigot. Just an idiot.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 14, 2013 4:43 p.m.

Just watch yourself, no reason to insult people.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 14, 2013 4:48 p.m.

Please disregard my comment, I wasn't thinking when I typed it and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it. I wanted to point out that the 2011 Skyward Sword review from GameSpot was a fan outrage since Tom McShea gave it a 7.5 while other sites gave it a higher score and I was part of the flame war that erupted from it.
  • MrX867 - November 14, 2013 1:24 p.m.

Ok, the RE5 backlash was just stupid! Really? Oh it takes place in Africa where Africans live and that makes it 100% racist. Y'know I've never seen a game that takes place in Russia, killing Russians called racist or in Germany killing Germans called racist -__-
  • coreydarnell - November 14, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Russians and Germans aren't a race, that's why, dumbass. Try again
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2013 7:37 p.m.

Um... ever heard of the Aryan race? Just because they are white, doesn't make them all the same race. Making your comment hilariously ironic, calling someone a dumbass while also displaying your own ignorance. And yes, before you point it out, I know that's a racial group that is no longer used for very obvious reasons, but the fact remains that even with the same skin color, there IS a genetic racial difference if you look for it.
  • winner2 - November 15, 2013 8:23 a.m.

Actually, funnily enough, if you ask a real boba fide biologist, they will tell you that race does not exist. Take that for what you will.
  • mbavalo - November 14, 2013 1:11 p.m.

I'm surprised that the Xbone story did not make it here.. actually it's odd that it did not
  • Doctalen - November 14, 2013 1:21 p.m.

I agree, I hadn't heard of that blops 2 fiasco till now o.O
  • meg127 - November 14, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Good list! But, I'm surprised the DmC reboot outrage didn't make it.
  • Talvari - November 14, 2013 12:55 p.m.

The Diretide DOTA2 thing made me really ashamed to be part of that community. People going as far as going to the Volvo car manufacturers facebook page and asking for Diretide...going to Barrack Obama, the list goes on as far as harrassing a well known member of the community via a phone number leak. As hard as it is to believe, we're not entitled to these seasonal events :P Though Valve admittedly should have came out and said that it wasn't happening when, at the time, it wasn't. That and the rest of the list pretty much shows how ravenous fanbases can be when something doesn't go their way even though half the time it's not justified rage ._. Nice article though!