• ANicole92 - October 30, 2012 11:06 a.m.

For me the best Spiderman games I've played in order: 1. Spiderman (PS1) 2.Spiderman Enter Electro (PS1) 2.Ultimate Spiderman (Gamecube) 3.Spiderman Web of Shadows (Wii)
  • Dracovyrn - July 3, 2013 2:44 p.m.

My favorite game was Spider-man 2. I liked the others, some had a better story and what-not, but honestly? I want to have the best feel of spidermans swinging. You just cant have a good Spider man game with terrible swinging. Unlike the first Spider-man of the movie, which comprised of shooting weblines into the sky, clinging on to seemingly nothingness, spider-man 2 gave us a whole new swinging system that I think is still the best and most efficient of it's kind. I thought the Ultimate Spider-man's swinging was lethargic and Spider-man 3's was underpowered. I haven't played the newest one, the Amazing Spider-man, but while it looks efficient, it looks really training wheeled.
  • punishment - April 29, 2014 3:49 p.m.

I sure played a lot of Sinister Six on NES as a kid. Not a good game at all really, but you play the hand you're dealt.
  • shawksta - April 29, 2014 3:52 p.m.

Playing as Venom in Ultimate was freaking awesome, you were this one badass monster whose destroying everything and the fact that his levels were on time limits set it up perfectly.
  • Frieza - April 29, 2014 4:01 p.m.

And the endgame mission where you would cause mayhem until you died? Simply glorious.
  • super_nov17 - April 29, 2014 4:28 p.m.

I loved Spider-Man 3 I thought it was so badass and the combat was really cool
  • occasionalgoldfish - April 29, 2014 4:32 p.m.

Ultimate Spiderman should have been no. 1 in my opinion. All the characters were really well portrayed, and playing as Venom was amazing. And I think the game still looks rather good. I wish it were on XBLA or PSN.
  • michael-korn - April 30, 2014 6:39 p.m.

Hunt down the original Xbox game, it's compatible with the 360. It's what I did after my PC DVD got scratched beyond repair.
  • occasionalgoldfish - May 1, 2014 9 a.m.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I should be able to find it in some game shop somewhere, or on ebay. Good idea sir.
  • michael-korn - May 1, 2014 10:56 a.m.

Glad to help!
  • jedisamurai - April 29, 2014 5:39 p.m.

I bought Ultimate Spider-Man years ago and haven't played it since (though I kept it because after five minutes I knew it was good). Likewise I bought Web of Shadows for about the same price (three dollars) and haven't played it since. This list reminds me I need to go back and play both.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 29, 2014 5:42 p.m.

How about you just review the new one
  • MrJechgo - April 30, 2014 4:04 p.m.

Edge of Time? Good? Yeah right... ¬_¬; It was supposed to be a sequel to Shattered Dimensions, but here are the problems: - 2 less versions of Spider-Man - Lack of unique graphics per version - Removal of upgrades in the upgrade menu - Mediocre story - Forgettable villains - Forgettable cast, aside from Christopher Daniel Barnes and Josh Keaton as Spidey; Val Kilmer is just bland - Repeated and uninspired stages (each stage gets reused at least twice) - Promising time paradox mecanic that wasn't in the player's control - Removal of interesting challenges for redundant ones - Secret Golden Spiders being mandatory for upgrades instead of a real bonus - Glitches and bugs - Wii and 3DS versions were the crappiest of them all... and Shattered Dimensions looked GREAT on Wii. I'm surprised you put Shattered Dimensions in 5th place, because I can't recall how many people and reviewers bashed that game for no reason whatsoever. Edge of Time deserves to be discarded for good. Beenox only had ONE year to work on the game, compared to have 3 years for Shattered Dimensions. Why? Because Marvel and Activision rushed them to release one Marvel game per year... which is disgraceful considering that X-Men Destiny was released the SAME EXACT year as Edge of Time.
  • michael-korn - May 1, 2014 6:11 p.m.

Destiny is a different story entirely. Its long, tumultuous and for the most part nonexistent development wasn't in the hands of Beenox and, frankly, though I harbor no great affection for Activision for the past few years, I can't blame them rushing another developer to release a Marvel game once they realized what Destiny was going to be. You should totally do a little research into the development of Destiny by Silicon Knights. It's pretty fascinating stuff to be honest.
  • MrJechgo - May 1, 2014 6:34 p.m.

I know they went through Hell and back at Silicon Knights. Point is, Marvel wanted one game per year... and they rushed Edge of Time out of the window despite ALREADY having Destiny to be released. No seriously, Destiny had more dev time than Edge of Time, and guess what? the Amazing Spider-Man game was developed at the same time Edge of Time was finalized. They shouldn't have rushed Edge of Time, period. There wasn't a comicbook tie-in, there wasn't a TV series, movie or whatever about Edge of Time, compared to the movie tie-in. It was rushed... because it was rushed. "We need more Marvel games." Beenox should have said: " AH AH AH... No... We're taking 3 years like Blizzard does all the time. Now shut up and spit out your checkbook or else we'll be taking all of that excess money from WoW and CoD." You think Silicon Knights had it rough? Beenox's founder quit after the release of The Amazing Spider-Man because it was too harsh of an environment. He literally changed his vocation to a game developer to, get this, a chocolate factory investor. He went from saying: "Games are my passion." to "Chocolate is my passion". I met the guy in person twice, he doesn't look like a Willy Wonka. Silicon Knights was run by douchebags; that isn't the same thing as Beenox being run by great people being pushed too far from their limits.
  • michael-korn - May 1, 2014 6:38 p.m.

I've done no real research on the subject of Edge of Time, but it somehow doesn't sound very credible that it was Marvel doing the pushing rather than Activision. I might be wrong in this, I'm not in any way saying that's indeed the case, I'm just saying, it's usually the publisher that does the pushing rather than the owner of the source material.
  • michael-korn - May 1, 2014 6:52 p.m.

As for the Amazing first tie-in and EoT having the same development time, well...it's a tricky situation all around. Amazing stuck to a template that was half what made games like Ultimate and WoS great and half Arkham Asylum combat and stealth. It worked. I don't think the limited development time made it feel rushed, though I have reservations whether it has to do with it being not being all that rushed or simply playing it safe. The truth of the matter is, both SD and EoT deviated from what the fans feel makes a solo Spidey game great, and while SD made up for it with fanservice and distinct art styles, EoT used the same mediocre gameplay frame but with less reasons for a fan to endure it. I really don't feel having more time would have affected that for the better at all. Unless of course you mean it was a rushed concept from the get-go. Not to mention, not all companies can afford to ask for a huge time frame to develop a non-flagship title. Blizzard can do it, because it's a behemoth that develops and publishes its own games. Valve can do it. Ubisoft can do it. Some other true and tested developers can do it, some of the time. But smaller studios that have a publisher like EA or Activision or whatever breathing down their necks to finish a game that's not even said publisher's big bet for the year? Not so much.
  • michael-korn - April 30, 2014 6:34 p.m.

While for the most part I'm ok with the list (and thrilled to see Web of Shadows at the top spot; it just deserves it), I'm more than skeptical about the inclusion of the Spider-Man: The Movie game and the exclusion of Spider-Man 3. Though neither of them is that great, at least 3 had the core elements that make a good Spidey game: an open world and iconic moves, for one. I'm not saying it's a great game, far from it, but it has more right to be on that list than the first movie tie-in game which is, let's be blunt, a bit too far gone on the side of crap. Also, I don't think Edge of Time particularly deserves to rank higher than some of the other titles, as it's the least Spidey game of the Spidey games this last decade. The inclusion of MUA2 is nice, but Spidey was much more spot on and an integral persona in the original MUA. Finally, I think that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game should be on that list. Don't know where it would rank yet, I'm still going through it at a leisurely pace, but the swinging mechanics and animation alone should be enough to secure a midfield spot, not to mention the most beautiful NYC yet. Its story takes it down a few pegs so far (yes, even compared to the first Amazing tie-in), but apart from that it's definitely somewhere in the top 10 in my opinion. What do the rest of the webheads think?
  • apepic2000 - May 9, 2014 3:13 p.m.

I have played almost all Spidey games since 2000 and this is my list: 1: Web of Shadows(amazing combat) 2. Spider-Man 2 3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2(despite criticism, it kind reminded me of spider-man 2) 4. Ultimate Spider-Man 5. Spider-Man(2000) 6. The Amazing Spider-Man 7. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions 8. Spider-Man: Edge of Time 9. Spider-Man 3 10. Spider-Man: The Movie Game The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game has the best swinging to date, and classic villians such as Green Goblin, Electro, Kraven, and Kingpin, and Carnage. Great game, despite criticism, I can't say it enough. And you guys already know how great WOS was, and the phenomenal Spider-Man 2.
  • RicardoBrown - May 29, 2014 9:23 a.m.

Web of Shadows? Don't make me laugh. It's easily the worst Spider-man game. I'm so glad they cancelled the sequel. Terrible story, terrible voice acting, terrible combat, terrible characters designs, god I can't even name a one good thing about that game. The best is Spider-Man 2000.