Topics

beer

• Daemonzuki - June 26, 2013 1:13 p.m.

I wonder what you should drink while playing a horror game...
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 9:17 a.m.

I'm a bartender and I approve of all of these choices *thumbs up* Alternatively with "Action Games" if you're finding an IPA a bit too dry, I'd suggest a European "Export" lager such as Heineken, San Miguel or Estrella Damm as they tend to have that crisp, fresh taste to perk you up while having enough kick to calm you down when you need to focus.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 26, 2013 9:43 a.m.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions :D *runs off to try more beer*
  • shawksta - June 26, 2013 2:14 a.m.

WHAT ABOUT THE DEADLY DANCE OF BLOODY BLOODSHED THAT IS MARIO PARTY!?!?!? MARIO PARTY IS ALWAYS BETTER WHEN DRUNK
  • StrayGator - June 26, 2013 3:25 a.m.

anaconda malt liquor.
  • shawksta - June 26, 2013 8:21 a.m.

PFFFT XD
  • mothbanquet - June 26, 2013 1:45 a.m.

Huh...so they WERE drunk when they worked on TOR.
  • StrayGator - June 26, 2013 12:13 a.m.

Seems like americans are spoiled for choice, with only the biggest names from europe making an appearance here. thought that the pairing will be trite jokes, but, well, i do play mostly action games and gravitate towards the bitters (while still being well-informed and appreciative of the variety of blah blah blah). what sorcery is this. oh, and what about pilseners and belgian/blond ales? afaik they're no less popular in NA or OMG ARE THEY BAD FOR GAMESING?!
  • Redeater - June 26, 2013 12:21 a.m.

Unless I missed it, Erdinger should be on every single one of these pages. Because it's great for EVERY occasion.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 26, 2013 2:01 a.m.

Well, I had BOTH on the list at one point, but time constraints demanded over generalization of a lot of styles. I was sad to have to omit pilsners and blonds D:
  • Redeater - June 26, 2013 12:12 a.m.

That's actually a fine list of IPA's. If I could add Arrogant Bastard, Hub, Smash Bomb or even Hoptimus Prime in a pinch. ( Arrogant Bastard is only available in the states though. I always have to wait till I go down there to pick it up much to my irritation).
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 26, 2013 1:59 a.m.

OH man, Arrogant Bastard SO GOOD
  • Redeater - June 26, 2013 2:20 a.m.

I'm insanely jealous that you jackasses residing in CA can just stumble into a liquor store and pick it up like you were buying a quart of milk. Well, in a couple months I'll be in Erdinger.....drinking Erdinger. So I guess I can't be too upset. :)
  • mafyooz - June 25, 2013 11:51 p.m.

For fantasy games I'd suggest any ale from Wychwood brewery, because they have names like Hobgoblin, King Goblin, Goliath etc and have weird little goblins and dwarves on the labels. And if you've just beaten a particulary hard boss and are feeling proud of yourself, they also do The Dog's Bollocks :)
  • yonderTheGreat - June 25, 2013 8:13 p.m.

Awesome!!! I happened to be drinking a Leinenkugel while reading this. Then again, I'm awake, so I suppose the odds aren't that extreme...
  • taokaka - June 25, 2013 7:34 p.m.

As a university student the only possible way of drinking beer for me is drinking far too much of the cheapest beer available and to do it as fast as possible.
  • Redeater - June 26, 2013 12:26 a.m.

Tell me about it. If I had to guess how many Colt 45's I consumed in my university days.....sadly it would be somewhere in the triple digits. When you have to choose between nourishing food and sobriety or ramen and booze........ Well, there really isn't a choice. :)
  • Rub3z - June 25, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I lol'ed at the racing games one. But I more or less glazed over completely otherwise, because as a person who will never drink alcohol and never has, this stuff is all just beyond my scope of attention or interest, sadly. Cue people attempting to make a logical argument for why I should indulge in alcohol or other things... never fails...
  • avantguardian - June 25, 2013 5:55 p.m.

do what you want. f the haters.