Topics

Bad habit

• gopikmin - December 2, 2012 6:54 p.m.

#7 remind me of inFamous. You don't think that a guy with electric powers should that bad in water. I accidentally fell into it and went "Shit. GET OUT OF WATER." Then he died. Another habit is forgetting to save in some games. I am used to games autosaving or projecting the save screen right after a level that I sometimes forget to save after long stretches particularly in rpgs and before optional bosses
  • ParagonT - December 2, 2012 7:12 p.m.

Reloading after every shot.
  • tomasfr89 - December 2, 2012 7:24 p.m.

Here's one I developed recently: Quit gaming (the passive-agressive way): Ohboy! It's finally out! After pre-purchasing and counting every grueling moment without your precious new game it's finally here. So you prepare yourself, you grab it in your hands and you start playing... the waiting game. I mean, you need to wait for the day-one patch, the patch that fixes that patch; and don't forget you bought that season pass so that means your gaming experience is not yet complete, so you wait for the first DLC, the patch that fixes that DLC... I still haven't touched my borderlands 2. I'm a sick, sick puppy.
  • CountRichtertoffen - December 2, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Caring too much about unimportant and nonexistent characters. For whatever reason, I can never bring myself to delete any letters from my mother in Animal Crossing. By 'mother,' of course, I mean 'program that randomly sends letters and doesn't actually care about me.' But there's still some sentimental value for me.
  • Rambo 11 - December 2, 2012 8:03 p.m.

Just one game has wrecked my efforts for ammo conservation in survival horror games and that's Dead Space. Since I played the first one I've been paranoid of in game corpses and end up shooting any that I see in case they aren't really dead. Of course it doesn't help when games like Resi6 where corpses can't take any damage until they reanimate or are triggered.
  • FierceVoltage - December 2, 2012 8:12 p.m.

Well with FFX the real final boss was *SPOILERS* Jecht once you beat him you basically beat the game.
  • J-Fid - December 2, 2012 8:18 p.m.

That Mario Kart slide defines my Mario Kart career almost to a T. In every Pokemon game, I always check EVERY single trash can, since I know some trash cans actually do have valuable items. That being said the overwhelming majority are as the game says, "empty." Also, I blame Lt. Surge's gym puzzle for putting the switches in trash cans, as the start of this trend.
  • Smash_Bro - December 2, 2012 9:32 p.m.

I'm totally with you on checking the trash cans! But personally, I blame Ruby and Sapphire's S.S. Tidal. I found some nice items in those bins... And now it's paying off, since B2W2 actually has decent items in the trash.
  • FierceVoltage - December 2, 2012 8:29 p.m.

The water one makes me think of Assassin's Creed, and the nuclear one of saving the masterball for legendary pokemon, and the frustration one definitely rings true with portal, when me and my cousin played portal 2, we would get so fed up with a level we'd go get a drink or one of us would go to the bathroom then as soon as we came back we would solve the puzzle.
  • Godzillarex - December 2, 2012 8:48 p.m.

Conserving our nuclear option. So true!
  • g1rldraco7 - December 2, 2012 8:53 p.m.

That's very true I hoard stuff I find in caves and such to which I either sell or put up on display. Besides the weight can really make you unable to get away from enemies.
  • Tranquilbez34 - December 2, 2012 9:37 p.m.

Playing music games does not make you an actual musician, trust me My brother plays two songs in singstar, gets top score for both of them and he thinks Ed Sheeran and can sing songs well
  • avantguardian - December 2, 2012 11:25 p.m.

i love this about music games, shit cracks me up. i would still encourage aspiring drummers to pick up rock band if they have trouble finding practice space (it can be quite the bitch-_-). i've given lessons using it. it won't make you 'good', but it will let you practice/work on your rudiments at odd hours:)
  • avantguardian - December 2, 2012 11:01 p.m.

in games, smashing everything in the environment is as natural as running to the right.
  • avantguardian - December 2, 2012 11:18 p.m.

oh, and hating on achievements/trophies is just flawed reasoning. regardless of how one may subjectively view their value, the fact is that they mean something to some people. such is the essence of 'value'. you could tell me that they're pointless, and, using your own logic, i could say the same thing about gaming in general. (should be noted that i appreciate cheevos/trophies, but won't waste my time with the shitty ones.)
  • AuthorityFigure - December 3, 2012 3:58 a.m.

Well it depends on how much you value people's values - and as you say, it's subjective.
  • avantguardian - December 3, 2012 12:23 p.m.

i tend to value people's values as i would my own. it's a good habit:)
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - December 3, 2012 9:21 a.m.

no because you would have to justify that assertion with logic as to why gaming is pointless... i mean fair enough about enjoying them subjectively but we could use subjectivity to justify anything even murder which isnt very useful so and we should base how much value gaming and achievemenets have on the same criteria and rationality. for eg we know that people like to play games for a variety of different reasons and achievements are not very consistent with that reasoning.
  • avantguardian - December 3, 2012 12:19 p.m.

sorry dude, but you're not even in the same ballpark comparing the subjectivity of games to murder. murder breaks the number one rule: it violates the rights of another, and removes one's freedom to think/act for themselves. so no, you can't use subjectivity to justify anything, and frankly, it's kind of fucked up that you'd think so. it's not my place to judge one that has committed murder, but i can tell you that i think it's WRONG. and not even remotely comparable. i can easily argue that games are as much (if not more of) a waste of time than achievements. anyone can. it's an opinion. your ideas of achievements and their value is irrelevant, unless, of course, you can tell me exactly why everyone likes them. which you can't. so...
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - December 3, 2012 3:46 p.m.

more of a waste of time than achievements... sorry but i dont think you can argue that at all and all youve done is introduce a double standard for subjectivity... people who have burglars break in sometimes think about thsi and many say that they would not kill the burglar and others say that they would and rememeber how many people follow the ten commandments etc... if you cant understand that subjectivity is all encompassing then i suggest you look it up