• cgriff63 - December 28, 2011 11:50 p.m.

I bet most of those who bought mario kart wii and new super mario bros were families whose wii is currently in a basement collecting dust. what a waste.
  • RedHarlow - December 28, 2011 10:52 p.m.

How much money do voice actors with major parts in a big-budget game get paid, and how to much people who voice minor/background characters get paid?
  • Andrew Groen - December 29, 2011 8:32 a.m.

Most companies aren't willing to talk about that sort of thing. They're very secretive like that. This question has come up before though so maybe I'll try to get in touch with Nolan North's agent or something. :-)
  • Japanaman - December 28, 2011 7:44 p.m.

What? No mention of Solitare or Tetris? Solitare is on almost every computer in existence. And Tetris is on almost every console, computer, and cell phone in existence.
  • Sinosaur - December 28, 2011 10:08 p.m.

I don't think I've ever bought Solitaire. That's like when Wii Sports was one of the best selling games because you couldn't buy a new issue of the console without getting it. As for Tetris... there are enough versions of it out there that it's probably impossible to tell what the overall sales for Tetris are.
  • Andrew Groen - December 29, 2011 8:21 a.m.

I actually had mentioned Solitaire, and I believe Tetris too originally, but those sentences didn't make it past editing. I've got a strict word count, so sometimes Mikel has to take out the axe and cut some stuff.
  • TURbo - December 28, 2011 5:20 p.m.

Black Ops didn't made 1 billion in six days. Black Ops made $650 million in 5 days, 1 billion in 42 days, and sold 18 million DLC map packs up to September 2011 according to Activision's reports.
  • kiing8kong6 - December 28, 2011 6:06 p.m.

Is this true gamesradar?!?!
  • Andrew Groen - December 29, 2011 8:39 a.m.

It IS! Can you believe it? We intentionally lied to make Activision look better so we could make up for this: http://www.gamesradar.com/ask-gr-anything-how-much-does-bobby-kotick-earn/ Thanks for pointing that out. I either got mixed up with all the information I was trying to corral into this column or I was reading a bad source that got it wrong too. I'll try to get that fixed ASAP, but GR is on vacation this week so it might take a little while. Thanks for pointing that out, and for the extra info on DLC packs. I had been looking for some indication of DLC sales, but you beat me to it TURbo.
  • TURbo - December 29, 2011 10:25 a.m.

No problem. While people consider Infinity Ward better than Treyarch for their COD games, Treyarch has always out monetized Infinity Ward with more ports at launch, and more DLC packs to sell. To the same Activision report, MW2 sold 11.5 million DLC packs up to September 2011.
  • TURbo - December 29, 2011 10:34 a.m.

There is a lot of articles to weed out when it comes to finding new sales information for any large blockbuster selling game.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 28, 2011 4:28 p.m.

Nintendo, since they've been around the longest. However, of recent years, the Xbox probably is the biggest seller.