• GoldenMe - January 8, 2010 1:01 a.m.

This article has recieved a large amount of epic win. And it is so true that platformers are based on memory. I've played Sonic 2 so much (Curse those fucking drilling bastards[As seen on picture]) that I memorized every level, the soundtrack, and even the Dream Pipe layouts. ........Fucking Sega.
  • Cwf2008 - January 8, 2010 12:54 a.m.

"Did i rate Bejeweled on iTunes? Yes. Did i give it one star? Yes. Is it childish? Bite me." ROFL
  • lovinmyps3 - January 8, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Haha nice idea. I feel like there's luck in MW2. Good and bad.
  • slapdatass - January 8, 2010 12:12 a.m.

ROF and L at the last pie graph. Win.
  • nik41507 - January 8, 2010 midnight

LOL to the halo vid
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 7, 2010 11:31 p.m.

Epic knife kill! And actioners ftw. I play them properly, so it's kinda mor luck dependant for me :(
  • deathrebellion - January 7, 2010 11:10 p.m.

luck = glitches ( more often than real luck, in FPSs)
  • Yeager1122 - January 7, 2010 10:38 p.m.

In fps like cod it's really just about who finds who first so yeah it's luck.
  • Cyberninja - January 7, 2010 9:52 p.m.

what about fighting games you either have to be really skillful or lucky to pull off good moves in a split second
  • speno93 - January 7, 2010 9:26 p.m.

loved the Halo vid.It really is anyones luck on a FPS, i suggest a horeshoe and a shamrock whilest playing MW2
  • michaelmcc827 - January 7, 2010 9:11 p.m.

Wow fantastic article. @Dave Mario cart is by far no racing sim, it requires hardley any skill to play, maybe 80% luck.
  • Xplosive59 - January 7, 2010 7:21 p.m.

sigh. gone are the days of mega man and 18 bit sonic which needed a majority of skill for
  • DirkSteele1 - January 7, 2010 7:15 p.m.

That Halo video is fantastic. I am still laughing.
  • Kenzo - January 7, 2010 6:35 p.m.

and all this time I thought I had mad skills...
  • DaveBoyle - January 7, 2010 6:35 p.m.

When talking about racers you forgot to mention the purple shell in mario kart that is so luck based having any skill becomes irelevent.
  • crazyqazqaz - January 7, 2010 6:19 p.m.

FPS games have quite a substantial element of luck. Whether he saw you, whether the bullets you spray (especially on CoD games) hit, whether the grenade you just blindly threw in the general direction of an enemy hits. most of it, however, does rely on things like fast fingers, good reactions, knowing the map and good accuracy.
  • Montag - January 7, 2010 6:14 p.m.

I like this one. Daikatana first level, shooting green fanged killer frog things in a jungle, rest my case
  • breener96 - January 7, 2010 5:43 p.m.

"So jammy you just HAVE to put it on YouTube" You, my friend, are a genius. All in all, great article! And it's true what you said about platformers. Memory plays a huge part in it!
  • joabbuac - January 7, 2010 5:20 p.m.

I alway think im unlucky in MW2....I even blame nonexistent lag at times.