• shawksta - December 12, 2011 6:50 p.m.

It doesnt have to be JUST Motion, Anouma probably doesnt know what he's saying considering Skyward sword IS the last Wii game, it does question how they will do it with the WII U's Tablet and im rather interesting in seeing what the WII U will do. I want to control zelda with Motion again but with the WII U, probably not and will most likely use buttons but an option for Motion will be great, despite what Anouma says it doesnt mix. I love how people are just reading the title and thats it, they bash motion,say crap saying"Never go back to Zelda" without using any logic sense and want to jump to conclusions.
  • cory-smith - December 12, 2011 7:19 p.m.

The Wii U can use the Wii-mote. Perhaps you fight with a wii mote in one hand and the tablet as the shield.
  • TrAnMu - December 12, 2011 9:32 p.m.

lol that sounds fantastic. XD
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - December 12, 2011 6:36 p.m.

I suppose it seems that I cannot go back to Zelda. I'd truly love to buy a Wii if only just for the Zelda series, but I just cannot enjoy motion controls. If they just had an alternative control scheme for the classic controller I'd buy the system and the Zelda games right now.
  • Imgema - December 12, 2011 6:31 p.m.

Skyway Sword controls are great (not perfect) and its an interesting way to play this game if you are in the mood. Problem is that it gets a bit tiresome. Sometimes i just want to sit down and relax, hold tight a controller and move nothing but my fingers. So, yes, i think there should at least be an option to turn motion controls off and utilize a simpler combat mechanic for button mashing. And the parts were you move your sword or certain items, you could just use the analog stick.
  • Katlu - December 12, 2011 6:08 p.m.

Skyward sword is a pretty nice game, but it's not nearly as good as twilight princess was. A lot of this has to do with the controls, not that it was that hard to get used to just that it was just better how it was with LoZ:TP. I hope they will at least allow the option to go back to button controls, but either way it probably wont effect the fact that I'll most likely still play any future titles.
  • shawksta - December 12, 2011 6:26 p.m.

Pfft, as far as controls go Twilight was nothing but Waggle, Skyward Sword made MUCH better use of Motion.
  • Desann - December 12, 2011 5:59 p.m.

Even though I used to count Zelda among my absolute favorite franchises, I just can't muster any interest in playing Skyward Sword. I've got nothing but apathy for it. It's simply unappealing in every way. I hope the series appeals to me again someday, despite what Aonuma promises.
  • bigwill1221 - December 12, 2011 5:58 p.m.

Looks at ds... wut
  • ncurry2 - December 12, 2011 5:54 p.m.

LOL at all the cry babies who "refuse to use motion control on principle." Beat Skyward Sword and then tell me you want to go back to button mashing. I understand why people are skeptical but really, you have to try it when it's done right before writing it off entirely. And don't worry, there will still be a few hundred call of modern battle warfields out there for you to gobble up instead.
  • Redeater - December 12, 2011 6:18 p.m.

I'm halfway through it and I still really dislike it. Just because you like it doesn't mean other people should. Personally I went back to Skyrim, not "the few hundred COD/BF". I actually dislike it so much I may not finish it and this is coming from someone who 100% every Zelda console game ever made. Some people want to come home after a hard day at work and just relax. Not flail their arms around pretending to be a Hylian.
  • shawksta - December 12, 2011 6:34 p.m.

Are you playing the game right with motion plus(Not the sensor Bar), cause your making it sound like its nothing but waggle. If your doing it right you have nothing to complain about unless you simply dont like motion and wont give it a chance. I Respect your own opinion though. I go both ways since im a Multigamer, and for a game like Skyward Sword, I love it while still using buttons for COD, UMVC3,Batman and other things.
  • Redeater - December 12, 2011 6:43 p.m.

I just don't find it fun. In all honesty there is a really good chance I may get back to finishing it next year but I am 100+ hours into Skyrim,just 100% AC:R, still need to do a second play through on Arkham city with the Dark Knight Returns skin and need to pick up (the rated 10!) Saints Row 3 this week.....so yeah this game definitely goes on the back burner for me.
  • ncurry2 - December 12, 2011 6:50 p.m.

Well I can't fault you then, at least you tried it and didn't just instantly dismiss it since it's on the wii/has motion controls. It does seem like maybe you're putting forth too much effort into the swordplay; I wouldn't consider the motions I make flailing but I guess to each his own. I didn't mean to sound like I think motion controls are best for everything, they certainly aren't. But to me, controlling link the way he is in Skyward Sword just clicks like nothing else. I still love the other ones (still not sure which one my favorite is) and I too like playing games on other systems with buttons (I'll be getting Skyrim for Christmas, can't wait.) But as an avid Nintendo fan and of video games in general, I just get tired of all these people complaining about how much motion controls suck while not at least giving the best they have to offer a chance.
  • Redeater - December 12, 2011 8:05 p.m.

Trust me I'm on the opposite end of it. I'm constantly getting insulted because my opinion isn't the same as everyone else regarding SS.I'm not saying the controls are horrible I'm just saying that I for one dislike them a lot. It's more or less the equivalent of every single person you know telling you that you are an idiot because you don't like COD.
  • fanfundy - December 12, 2011 5:48 p.m.

What a shame. Guess I'm done with the zelda series then.
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 12, 2011 5:48 p.m.

That doesn't make a lot of sense - this is the end of the Wii, and the end of Zelda games on Wii. The Wii U has moved on from the motion controller, and they honestly cannot expect you to wave that touchscreen controller about. So either they're doing analog stick combat, or this is BS, or just poorly worded. It's obvious that Nintendo is keen on pushing gameplay, but surely they're not abandoning the buttons entirely, because that's when their fans abandon them.
  • MrDuracraft - December 12, 2011 6:03 p.m.

Wii controllers will be compatible with the WiiU, and nowhere does it say they are abandoning buttons. Just buttons when it comes to certain items and swordfighting
  • Redeater - December 12, 2011 6:13 p.m.

Uh, I don't see how they are going to pull off using the tablet and the wii motion at the same time. From the looks the Zelda tech demo emphasis was on the tablet and not the wiimote.
  • MrDuracraft - December 12, 2011 6:37 p.m.

They could use only motion controls a la Wii, or the tablet could be used as a supplement to the game like a map or your items. The tech demo was just a way of saying "Hey, this is what the Wii U can do, doesn't it look sweet?" The final product could and, if the past is anything to go by, probably will be totally different.