We Recommend

• jordaninthesky - December 26, 2012 8:46 p.m.

FF X's logo depicts Yuna's relationship with Tidus. In the game Tidus and Yuna live in different realities, and the bridge is watery Sin or Tidus' Father. The game is all about Yuna summoning Tidus into her world, and then sending him by the end.
  • grayguwapo - September 30, 2010 5:48 a.m.

ditto @ Vagrant's comment on Sephiroth... still a great article Brett.. Dissidia 2, XIII Versus, and Agito next...
  • arahman56 - July 20, 2010 2:53 a.m.

Could have finished with the Versus logo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1564291/versuslogo.jpg And then there's Agito: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1564291/01.jpg But with so little info out, it would be hard to explain them.
  • shyfonzie - July 18, 2010 6:35 p.m.

Cool article Elston
  • ArcaneGhost - July 17, 2010 2:32 p.m.

Craaaaaaaap. I was really wanting to know what FFXIII's logo stood for, and then he says it's a big spoiler, so I had to quickly skip it. *sigh*
  • gatornation1254 - July 17, 2010 8:38 a.m.

Wow I don't even like Final Fantasy but I found this article fascinating. Their logos are usually pretty though.
  • Irishranger - July 17, 2010 4:07 a.m.

This is why I love your shit Elston. You taught me that it's okay to geek out over every aspect of my favorite hobby, gaming. Thanks for the hard work.
  • spikester145 - July 16, 2010 9:39 p.m.

I thought the crisis core logo the clouds were cloud and how in the end zack wanted to fly
  • Burningblade04 - July 16, 2010 12:29 p.m.

it's missing a couple of final fantasy tactics titles.
  • Xplosive59 - July 16, 2010 12:19 p.m.

also you should of put tactics on here, cause that is probably the best game from the entire franchise (coming from a complete FF fanboy)and its logo and cover art was extremely different
  • Xplosive59 - July 16, 2010 12:10 p.m.

kind of a pointless article really, all of the pictures around the logo are obvious if you have played the game because they are either a picture of one of the lead characters or a major plot point in thes story
  • elpurplemonkey - July 16, 2010 3:45 a.m.

I still don't get what the horse head is doing in the FF XIII logo (I'm not seeing things am I?) Fun article to read though.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - July 16, 2010 2:15 a.m.

Thanks Brett! It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who cared about the FF13 logo relating to the last scene- if I recall correctly, they even faded the image with Fang and Vanille into it.
  • smikey - July 16, 2010 2 a.m.

Kain had top billing on the Japanese FF4 logo? All he did in the game was betray Cecil, and poorly at that.
  • Druffmaul - July 15, 2010 11:13 p.m.

The FFVII logo got a bit short-changed here. Yeah, it does represent Meteor. But it also represents The Planet itself, and the White Materia i.e. Holy. Three concepts in one little ball. Give it its due credit.
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 15, 2010 9:50 p.m.

So I haven't played FFXII as of yet, but Judge Gabranth looks mighty similar to Emperor Doel, one of the main villains from Legend of Dragoon A.K.A. "The greatest RPG no one has played because it was completely overshadowed by FFVII"
  • tayls - July 15, 2010 6:54 p.m.

Great article, Brett! Loved how concisely and respectfully this was written, even as the series has fallen from grace in my eyes.
  • taterboob - July 15, 2010 5:34 p.m.

I always thought that the FFX logo was Yuna summoning something. I hadn't even considered the "sending" angle. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Espir - July 15, 2010 5:12 p.m.

crisis core could be that at the end when zack dies ;-;, hes talking about the sky and flying and being free and what not
  • BigCNuggit - July 15, 2010 4:58 p.m.

"...representing the dozens of people that still play." Heheheh, more like, the dozens of people that EVER played....