• Mayhem62897 - June 4, 2011 1:10 a.m.

@D0CCON You're a bit mistaken. BAEM7 Means DICE, the developers, never talk about defeating CoD. Only EA is referring to Battlefield defeating CoD, and that's because they're publishers; the only thing they want is defeating Activision and earning more profit than them. I've seen many DICE interviews. The only thing they are saying is improving on their own games; I've never heard of them comparing their games to CoD.
  • D0CCON - June 4, 2011 12:58 a.m.

@BAEM7 I don't think you are looking hard enough. I've heard tons of mentioning about COD whenever I hear about BF3 (and it's not just from COD-hating fanboys). It looks like BF is really doing everything it can to improve in its efforts to beat COD, hopefully IW and Sledgehammer Games will compete and improve their game as well (and no, 2 new perks and killstreaks don't count). BF actually looks like good competition for COD this year. If that makes COD improve, I'm all for jumping back on the COD bandwagon.
  • BAEM7 - June 4, 2011 12:47 a.m.

I've never seen anything with Battlefield 3 were the developers talk about Call of Duty. They always say how they are looking at there own games to make changes. They also say that if they were looking at other games such as Call of Duty they would eventually start making their game like the Call of Duty games which they do not want to do.
  • trinidadbermudez - June 4, 2011 12:29 a.m.

I just like the Oscar wilde reference.
  • keltar93 - June 4, 2011 12:27 a.m.

I'm hoping that, regardless of which game is better, the quality of both franchises will rise in attempts to outdo each other, thereby making the winner us
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 4, 2011 12:24 a.m.

Battlefield is soo much better, it requires more strategy, teamwork, is more FUN, need I go on? The only reason CoD keeps selling is because of all the casual gamers out there.
  • HipsterKitten - June 4, 2011 12:19 a.m.

I like that Battlefield does something different every year, and their 11 minute video was breath taking! COD's good, but the same pretty much year after year.