• michaelmcc827 - May 28, 2010 2:24 a.m.

I am sad, because the gold on my Zelda NES cart is fading off. Good read though, and I do really like the NSMBW case, even if it is the best thing the game has going for it.
  • Denrok - May 28, 2010 1:39 a.m.

No. No. I spent TEN minutes reading about plastic!!
  • gatornation1254 - May 28, 2010 1:27 a.m.

I've always loved colored cartridges.
  • KingArchie55 - May 28, 2010 1:11 a.m.

Lol, you just spent five minutes reading about plastic. That's great. YAY, dumb humor!
  • Nocens - May 28, 2010 1 a.m.

I still have the gold Zelda cart. It stopped working and we replaced it with a normal Zelda one, but could never get rid of the original one.
  • reverandglass - May 28, 2010 12:58 a.m.

there's nothing quite like firing up a game you know is housed in the wrong colour plastic. There's nothing to campare it to now, although I do still proudly display my cardboard cased copy of Ico which about as close as it gets.
  • Ensoul - May 28, 2010 12:36 a.m.

We had one of those class Christmas parties in GR 5 with a Secret Sanata gift exchange. These 2 guys drew themselves and rather then trade names they stubbornly kept their own names. So come party day kid A opens the gift to himself. A baseball glove. Kid B opens his gift Zelda II: The Adventures of Link. Gold f^&kin' cart no less. I guess they felt they could ignore the 20 dollar limit. /end story
  • Blue2 - May 28, 2010 12:08 a.m.

Pokemon Blue and Silver was the only Pokemon games I ever owned... *sigh* the memories
  • sexplosion - May 27, 2010 11:30 p.m.

I had the game Big Nose for Nintendo and if Im not mistaken its cartridge was gold. All I can really remember is I played it to death.
  • RebornKusabi - May 27, 2010 11:27 p.m.

Brett Elston said, "You just spent five minutes reading about plastic." You're right, I did, and it Was GLORIOUS!!!
  • KREATIVEassassin - May 27, 2010 11:08 p.m.

Great article. The red Doom cart is still one of my favorites, even if the game is pretty crap. Well... other than the music. I wonder whose awesome collection of games almost all those scans came from...
  • Setre - May 27, 2010 10:43 p.m.

Those were some of the best five minutes I spent reading about plastic, Brett.
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 27, 2010 10:23 p.m.

Hey Brett, you don't count the special edition stuff right? If you did, I'd say you forgot Metroid Prime Trilogy's steel-book case.
  • WonsAuto - May 27, 2010 10:21 p.m.

For the Wii, there was a change similar to the Genesis in that the actual disc labels changed. Before, they used to be a solid color with the game name/other designs etched into them, now they're standard multi-colored labels. My contribution. :P
  • DrDevious - May 27, 2010 10:17 p.m.

lol punchline
  • CoolBowling - May 27, 2010 10:12 p.m.

I proudly displayed my gold orcarina of time cartridge on my dorm room shelf.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - May 27, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Also, yay useless trivia!
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - May 27, 2010 10:08 p.m.

Not sure about the exact number, but around 30 N64 games came out in multiple colors: green, yellow, red, gold, black, and blue. Not going to list the names of them all, but: Green: Rayman 2, Army Men: Sarges Heros. Black: Turok 2, Wrestlemania 2000, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 Yellow: Donkey Kong 64, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 Blue: The World is Not Enough, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, another wrestling game Red: Spiderman, Rocket: Robot on Wheels Gold: The two Zeldas and Pokemon Stadium 2 All of them are great games BTW
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - May 27, 2010 9:53 p.m.

@BellaKazza Because the N64 sold millions upon millions upon MILLIONS fewer pieces of hardware and software. Wasn't even close. First Nintendo console to get its ass beat. Just the way it is.
  • cyclone306 - May 27, 2010 9:50 p.m.

@bellakazza Until FFVII Fantastic article