• Euangelion - July 18, 2013 8:54 p.m.

*WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS FROM PERSONA 3 AND 4* The editors and writers of GamesRadar should definitely add Erebus and Nyx from Persona 3 and Izanami from Persona 4 (with Erebus and Nyx together). Now I know what some might be thinking, 'Aren't they unrepentantly evil in cases?" And you're right, they are. At the same time however, they aren't. They are simply responding to humanity's desires. In the case of Persona 3, Erebus is responding humanity's wanting to die, and Nyx is simply bringing that about as Erebus' harbinger. In Persona 4, Izanami is responding to humanity's willingness to have the truth covered up and hidden in exchange for sweet lies and comforting deceit. They are simply doing a favour for humanity and end getting killed for it by a small group of teens. From this perspective they deserve to be on this list. (I also want to point out that that logic is a fallacy. It makes them sympathetic no doubt, but it's still a fallacy).
  • Trollkitten - March 28, 2014 7:45 a.m.

A case of how what we want is not necessarily what is best for us? Kind of ironic, since few real-life people (at least that I know of) even understand that concept.
  • conner-kent - July 18, 2013 6:39 p.m.

People always for get about Revolver Ocelot, through out the entire series he is branded as a bad guy but his motives were to stop the Patriots and undermine their every move
  • shinkeiDEI - July 19, 2013 5:54 p.m.

Ocelot, gaming greatest unsung hero.
  • BipolarTroll - July 20, 2013 9:12 p.m.

YES! Revolver Ocelot has to be on this list. The man had the highest respect for the Snake family.
  • kurt-dunbar - July 18, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Killer from Shadow Hearts: From the new world, fits perfectly into this list.
  • masterjoe123 - July 18, 2013 12:03 p.m.

And Bowser, a character that Gamesradar excludes from villain lists because they say he isn't even a villain, isn't on this list.
  • shawksta - July 18, 2013 1:58 p.m.

Last I checked, he IS in the top villains list.
  • masterjoe123 - July 18, 2013 3:01 p.m.

I was thinking of the list of villains that keep coming back to life.
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 3:21 p.m.

Well, technically, most times you don't even see him die. And even when you DO see him fall and writhe in the lava, it's often either a minion magically transformed as him, or the game then uses his bones as a boss XD What I mean is, I don't think Nintendo has ever intentionally wanted to make it seem like bowser has ever died to begin with.
  • Trollkitten - March 28, 2014 7:50 a.m.

Bowser definitely has issues, but after reading an article suggesting that Peach's frequent "kidnapping" is actually a ruse to cover up the royals' secret interspecies love relationship (which, the article claims, Mario is in on), I can believe that there's a lot more going on in the Mario games than meets the eye. (I draw the line on Baby Bowser literally being Peach's son.)
  • aperson789 - July 18, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Has this writer even played any of the new Mortal Kombats? He is not a villain at all.
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 3:23 p.m.

In MK9 he kinda is. He isn't aligned with Shao Khan, but he's pretty much nothing but a wraith that is hellbent on only getting his revenge. And since the Sub-Zero he's trying to kill here is part of the good guys, he is thus painted more as evil than as good, or even neutral.
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 9:25 a.m.

Would "N" from Pokemon Black & White count? He does come across as simply misguided and manipulated, but he definitely had a point on his views that most Pokemon trainers basically treat their Pokemon as slaves to fight for their own amusement... A point that Nintendo and Game Freak vehemently try to deny or nullify by saying "But nooo! look! all trainers treat Pokemon with love and as their friends!" Even though it's obvious that the former is often the truth, specially if we go meta, and look at most Pokemon players' intentions >>
  • ObliqueZombie - July 18, 2013 11:29 a.m.

I believe so yeah, but he did redeem himself in the end regardless didn't he? It's been a while.
  • shawksta - July 18, 2013 2:01 p.m.

Your right about N though in certain viewpoints he never really was a villain, plasma did their own doings while N just appears and talks and battles with you to see how much your Pokemon is bonded with you. Its only really later on the.legendary battle but after that Ghetsis just goes apeshit that N barely did anything and the whole damn plot was convoluted and lead by Ghetsis the.entire time.
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 3:18 p.m.

True... the game does make it clear that Ghetsis was always meant to be the real villain, even if N was the one in the foreground for most of the time. Also, Shakwter, a bit of constructive criticism. I've noticed your spelling is fine for the most part... except when you use "your" instead of "You're". Is that intentional? or just a bad habit that you've just forgotten to correct? XD
  • shawksta - July 18, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Yeah, that was kind of a bad habit when I'm rushing, and sometimes i notice i forget words entirely, but when I'm not i tend to notice. Also sometimes my stupid phone senses my thumb in the wrong position that it puts periods instead of spaces, which is where my previous comment came from.
  • BladedFalcon - July 18, 2013 5:23 p.m.

Ah, gotcha ^^ I mean, it's not a huge deal, everyone makes typos, (Lord knows I do, specially >_>;) it's just that "Your" has always been kind of a pet peeve of mine. And It's fine when it's a mistake or an unconscious habit. But when it's done out of laziness or "i don't give a fuck" attitude, that kinda gets to me. It's cool though, I have noticed you doing it a couple times, but not that often. I just- c'mon people, leaving messages for all the world to see has become easier than ever, the least we can do is try our best so what we type illegible, or the least embarrassing to read >_>;
  • shawksta - July 18, 2013 6:57 p.m.

Yep, you got that right.