• HotCyder - July 9, 2010 3:35 p.m.

Holy Shit http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/Doc64/datchimp.png
  • SirDinkleman - July 9, 2010 3:21 p.m.

Ah come on GR! The Pinatas make me smile every time I see another adorable screenshot of that game...not all of you people in that office have to be grumpy grouches!
  • Seabread - July 9, 2010 3:19 p.m.

I know I've already posted on this but... Starkiller's Vader mask is based off the Sith skin he acquires at the end of the game after fighting Vader. This mask is based off Boushh's mask (Leia wears this bounty hunter's uniform in RotJ). Therefore if GR have beef with the design their complaint really should read "...it’s just Vader with Boushh’s helmet" and I don't think the devs at Lucasarts would argue. It's quite blatent, probably intentional, but it still looks cool!
  • KnightDehumidifier - July 9, 2010 3:16 p.m.

Let's not forget Starfy if we include Kirby. It's so easy to make! Step 1: Draw a star. Step 2: Copy and paste Kirby's face onto star. Step 3: Market game. Step 4: Nintendo. Step 5: Reap rewards.
  • RawkyRoo - July 9, 2010 3:12 p.m.

I don't really get the problem with the Piantas. Seeing as they are meant to be from the tropical island of Delfino Plaza they seem to fit in quite well.
  • Ensoul - July 9, 2010 3:06 p.m.

Kirby's awesome. Leave Kirby alone. /fanboy Isn't it possibly that Kirby was purposefully designed to be simple? His whole gimmick is to absorb enemies powers and use them; his visual would match the power. I'm not sure it would make much sense from a design stand point to have this super distinct character if he's just going to be morphing all the time. In fact by keeping him simple you actually make him more distinctive. Completely agree with the over used bald gruff speaker though. (>")>
  • Crofto - July 9, 2010 2:52 p.m.

I agree with all except the Chimp in SMG2 (and those dudes from Sunshine, to an extent). That Chimp totally rocks those gegs, and that little clap he does to give you a star is a personal highlight for me. =D
  • db1331 - July 9, 2010 2:46 p.m.

Also, the chimp doesn't bother me. I see him in a "The coolest kid you knew in the 80's", ironic kind of way.
  • Zackaro - July 9, 2010 2:04 p.m.

Starkiller can be seen in the film The Mist, he gets killed tho :(
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - July 9, 2010 1:55 p.m.

kirby was white when he was designed
  • JohnnyMaverik - July 9, 2010 1:39 p.m.

Adam's look (as far as his face goes) is based on one of the dudes working on the game, but I have to admit the first time I saw him I was not happy, and I still think he looks a little Neo as you said.
  • werdwood93 - July 9, 2010 1:34 p.m.

originally luke skywalker was to be called starkiller that how halfassed it was
  • Conman93 - July 9, 2010 1:29 p.m.

Lol, poor Cole! I wonder will he ever be full assed
  • Rhymenocerous - July 9, 2010 1:17 p.m.

That Alyx Vance picture is one of the greatest things in the history of mankind. That is all.
  • Gable - July 9, 2010 1:08 p.m.

Cole McGrath is a clone of Niko Bellic.
  • Xplosive59 - July 9, 2010 1:06 p.m.

im guessing coles voice is like that cause of the explosion and the dust from said explosion
  • nighthawk205 - July 9, 2010 12:47 p.m.

First, I'd like to say that this was an entertaining article and that Kirby looking like a half-assed character design is SOOOO true. However, as Chardan pointed out, saying that Starkiller is half-assed is like saying Miranda from Mass Effect 2 is half-assed. She looks like a typical sexy woman. Both were modeled based off of their respective voice actors. Now, maybe you claim that that is a half-assed approach, but many people like to see that in a game.
  • db1331 - July 9, 2010 12:47 p.m.

Ugh, I am so tired of every male video game character having a shaved head and an action movie-inspired name. I'm going to make a pitch to one of the big developers about a game starring Skyler Torne, a man with a mysterious and troubled past who also shaves his head and speaks in an intense whisper. We will work out storyline details later.
  • Chardan - July 9, 2010 12:11 p.m.

@jonno469 Thats because the Character is modeled in his likeness, as he provides the voicework and the CGI suit stuff. Quite good at it too, if I miht add, makes Starkiller an engaging character, he does.
  • lozarian - July 9, 2010 11:57 a.m.

@oufour It's supposed to be negative. They're lazy, barely passable attempts at character creation that insult anyone with more than 7 chromosomes. "We need a guy that can break stuff" "QUICKLY, BREAK OUT THE MUSCLEBOUND SKINHEAD MESH!"