• Wizrai - May 7, 2010 7:53 p.m.

Wow, and I thought I was annoyed by the 20 Online Demolition kills in Bad Company 2...
  • lovinmyps3 - May 7, 2010 7:46 p.m.

No, I have not gotten any of these. I would probably kill myself...
  • Lucretiel - May 7, 2010 5:07 p.m.

I'm surprised you left out Little Rocket man too. That one'll eat your soul- left the bugger behind in a mineshaft and didn't realize until an hour later
  • Time4Tiddy - May 7, 2010 4:51 p.m.

Achievements requiring weeks or months of grinding are the worst, and show absolute lack of creativity from the devs. The "hard" achievements should be more related to skill (complete all stunts in Infamous or GTAIV for example) and not so much on just playing the game forever (maximize all jobs - no skill just endless grinding).
  • VictorRay - May 7, 2010 4:43 p.m.

Achievements based on endurance is a horrible concept.
  • pin316 - May 7, 2010 4:23 p.m.

no-one's mentioned 'seriously 2.0' from gears 2 then? kill 100,00 locust i've completed the game 2.5 times (on 3rd play through now), plus played a not insubstantial amount of horde, and i think i'm at about the 6,000 mark - it's not difficult as if you really want ti you can just grind it out by playing the same bit over and over again, but that still takes a lot out of you!
  • thesuperspacejew - May 7, 2010 3:54 p.m.

@conman93-Do not tempt us with the impossible, my friend. Yeah, I pretty much don't even bother with any achievements online, for the Tiger Woods reason, that and I just don't play online too much in most games.
  • Conman93 - May 7, 2010 3:20 p.m.

What about beating megaman 10 without getting hit. That sounds pretty brain-meltingly hard!
  • AliTheBrit19 - May 7, 2010 3:19 p.m.

Lol holy crap, its crazy to think how many people try to do these
  • LethalDozePL - May 7, 2010 2:51 p.m.

Obsessive is an anti-GameStop achievement :)
  • frmonth - May 7, 2010 2:46 p.m.

I have got the complete all Forza 2 races (gold achievement) and am going for the complete all races on the event list for Forza 3. I have been doing this by playing it once a week while listening to Talkradar, once the podcast has finished I finish my race and wait until the next podcast. However it's going to take ages because I havent done a single endurance race yet although I started the week the game came out.
  • Ensoul - May 7, 2010 2:45 p.m.

I dislike any related to playing online, basically because of situations like the Tiger Woods entry mentioned.
  • Pruman - May 7, 2010 2:37 p.m.

Burnout Revenge is probably my least favorite one because every achievement is like "get gold medals on all 15 events in a level for 5 lousy points."
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - May 7, 2010 1:58 p.m.

10,000 battles in any game! Let alone in Bomberman: Act Zero. I'm all for some acheivements which are difficult so long as they're in the realm of reality.
  • Apollomon - May 7, 2010 1:34 p.m.

@ db1331 I will agre it is lame for having loads like "kill your first enemy" but i understand having a few like that to get you going and feel like they more achieveable; but mostly yes they should be hard...but these are ridiculous!!! I sometimes try and do part of the braid walkthrough and theres an achievement for speed running the whoele game in like 45 mins...thats hard but at least if you fail its only an hour of your life gone
  • db1331 - May 7, 2010 1:05 p.m.

This is what achievements SHOULD be like. I hate it when they give you an achievement for turning on the game or completing the tutorial. Achievements should be something you can be proud of. Nobody is going to call their friend up like, "Dude, I finally got that Fallout 3 achievement for exiting the vault. It was awesome."
  • buckybantam - May 7, 2010 12:57 p.m.

I always complete single player campaigns, but will avoid any achievements that look like a waste of my time. However, once I got through a certain number of challenge rooms on Bionic Commando Rearmed, it was only natural that I attempted to clear all 56 of them (or however many there were)... The most painfully-earned, frustrating, knuckle smashing chore I care to remember in my videogaming life. Modern Warfare at Veteran? Driver's "President run" final level? Piece of piss compared to that god damn achievement. And it was only 10 or 20 points as well...
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 7, 2010 12:40 p.m.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention Little Rocket Man
  • Modroneman - May 7, 2010 12:40 p.m.

Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
  • OnyxOblivion - May 7, 2010 12:25 p.m.

FACT: Only one gamer in the whole world has a legitimate 1000/1000 in FF11. Or is it 1250/1250?