• RadgarLaser2 - June 19, 2013 10:32 p.m.

1. Your game library won't be digital That's what achievements are for or game tracking sites. My mass collection of games in real life is way more impressive to people. Ironic when gaming websites want pictures of your gaming collection to show off, nobody ever sends a list of their digital collection. What gamers & collectors in general think their digital collection is better than their actual one? 2. You can't share your library with 10 family members That's what's being promised but PSN tried that and later restricted their 5 person rule to 2. When people start to abuse it I doubt XBL will leave it at 10. 3. There's no gifting purchased games online Why gift if you can just share it. There are other ways to buy games for your friends. 4. The disc needs to be in the Xbox One even if you've installed game Unless you can buy the game digitally then this point is rather redundant. If you bitch about DRM, wouldn't this appeal to you. 5. It makes cloud computing less attractive for developers Unless your internet or servers goes down then what. You still need storage and server space either way so why would this make it less attractive for developers. 6. There's less potential for game price drops Maybe overall price but you very well can find used and new games in various online and B&M stores for far less if you're willing to do the leg work. 7. The end of days I'm tired of gaming sites and developers always blaming the consumer for all their problems. If anything the PS3 was promising at the time and had many of this so called innovated features. The Xbox One is what's backwards with the industry and even a child will tell you they want more, they want more, not less.
  • ParagonT - June 20, 2013 7:32 a.m.

Nice response mate.
  • DBLDTheWise - June 19, 2013 10:17 p.m.

At first, I thought this was a joke. When I noticed it wasn't, I laughed anyway.
  • chriszewski - June 19, 2013 10:09 p.m.

I was looking forward to the potential of "the cloud" but since we didn't know what it was going to actually do, i guess it won't be missed as much. Maybe next gen...
  • silax - June 19, 2013 9:50 p.m.

as glad as i am to hear that the changes HAve been made, some of those features were pretty cool to think about.
  • ObliqueZombie - June 19, 2013 9:28 p.m.

Nothing here is that consequential, really. And there's no one saying that, however long into the future, none of these could happen on the future.
  • ledbetta - June 19, 2013 9:27 p.m.

This whole thing is killing me. We're a gaming family. We have an XBL family account,and an Xbox360 in every room...literally. There's those games we love to play together online or co-op.It would have been great to not have to buy multiple copies of games. That would have saved me some serious cash(which I would have just used for the Xbox One Pre-orders,lol) I really hope they find a way to make it all work.
  • avantguardian - June 19, 2013 10:07 p.m.

you went to the extent of using 'literally', so i'm going to assume you are including your bathroom(s). if this is the case, my hat's off to you, good sir. and may your family prosper and be merry. if you aren't including the bathroom(s)....i guess that's okay. still pretty rad.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - June 19, 2013 9:09 p.m.

The only thing that sucks is not having a steam-like library of your games available to you, but that's a mere inconvenience.
  • Inthedistrict - June 19, 2013 8:44 p.m.

I didn't find one of the things GR mentioned to be a benefit to consumers other than perhaps seeing a price drop in games...except that you can still get a price drop with used games? Oh, and DRM made Sim City and Diablo 3 so enjoyable...
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 19, 2013 9:57 p.m.

We're not defending DRM, none of us support the idea. Just wanted to point out some of the features that won't be launching w/ the Xbox One that some might have found useful.
  • MuckPuppy - June 19, 2013 8:18 p.m.

Am I the only one who realizes how easy of a fix this is? I'm not a fan of DRM, but I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore. And my kids have been ruining discs since I found my "unopened" copy of GT3 being used to clean the floor. A few of these features were aspects I was really looking forward to. I don't even have a cable-net connection but saving disc games online was VERY attractive for a poor-dad like me. Allow ALL of the above features IF you have a constant connection. If you disconnect or cantt get internet for the day or something, then you have to have the physical disc. Sharing and other bonus features would be disabled accross the account until you signed in. How hard would this be to implement?
  • trevor-a-green - June 19, 2013 10:31 p.m.

You are not the only one. The potential family friendliness of the xbox 1 already had me thinking about buy 3 of them instead of one. Junking those features is a big mistake. And I don't know how you interpret it other than sour grapes from Microsoft.
  • Child Of Death - June 19, 2013 7:42 p.m.

I would gladly give every single one of these features for the DRM BS to be gone. And M$ would not have had game sales like Steam. They're too damn greedy.
  • SirManguydude - June 19, 2013 8:15 p.m.

And let me guess, Sony isn't.
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 19, 2013 7:39 p.m.

I bought Tomb Raider on PSN for 30 bucks around a month after release. You can't argue that there isn't room for a used disc market and low priced digital sales. In fact, the used market should encourage such sales because it's a good way for developers to get money that would ordinarily go to a secondhand store. How is competition anything but good for the consumer? Developers want the money you spend on games. Secondhand stores want the money you spend on games. So they price their products accordingly to compete. It's that simple.
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 20, 2013 2:58 a.m.

I don't have enough faith in publishers to believe that if they were to see more revenue from their games that they would spend it on making new games anyway. In a world where 3 million copy sellers are considered failure by some publishers, why is anyone convinced they wouldn't spend that money in other ways?