• radiodeaf - March 8, 2012 10:31 a.m.

yeesh... what a sad attempt at cheap lighting systems to cover whatever messed up graphics they have.
  • lordlundar - March 8, 2012 10:27 a.m.

Meanwhile, J.J. Abrams saw these screens and had an orgasm. Then proceeded to sue the makers for infringement.
  • Jacko415 - March 8, 2012 12:03 p.m.

Come on. His lighting craze is more on par with mass effect lighting. Mostly Horizonal bleeds. Except that one scene at the end of Star Trek when their entire cockpit is a lighting effects cocktail.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 8, 2012 10:09 a.m.

Hahaha, great article, Mr. Houghton. Now I know I won't be getting this game, because my eyes are literally strained from watching a few screens. And I'm used to playing games for hours and hours on end.
  • HughJass41 - March 8, 2012 10:06 a.m.

Hilarious article! but no joke this is exactly how the game looks, on my computer monitor it lights up my room like an artificial sun. It baffles me to think the developers thought this was a good idea.
  • NanoElite666 - March 8, 2012 9:58 a.m.

My eyeballs hurt.
  • TwinHallow - March 8, 2012 9:56 a.m.

Dude you are Funny as hell I enjoyed this Article all the why through
  • comaqi - March 8, 2012 9:45 a.m.

Wow. I'm glad I live in a world where I can turn bloom lighting off. Because that's the ONLY way I'm ever going to play this game. Fantastic article by the way. Stuff like this is why Gamesradar is the home of the internet.
  • wingsdjy - March 8, 2012 9:43 a.m.

GA! My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing! Side question: What's the blue circle indicator at the bottom-center of all the screens? Seems pretty distracting.
  • FearlessRaven - March 8, 2012 9:38 a.m.

Woot! Classic Gamesradar articles! This is why I read your site (also this article is awesome!)
  • cosmicshambles - March 8, 2012 9:26 a.m.

Funny stuff. Come clean though Houghton, how much did you turn the brightness up? Eh? Eh?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 8, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Did not change a single setting, I promise. Even with the console dimming the display after a few minutes inactivity, this thing BEAMS.
  • cosmicshambles - March 8, 2012 9:53 a.m.

Crikey, I was sure you'd boosted it a little - artistic license or whatever. That's insane. You probably have eye cancer now.
  • Kermit1970 - March 8, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Blooming 'Eck
  • DannyMB - March 8, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Haha! Its actually a shame, takes away from what look like some decent art assets. Do we have Valve to blame for "bloom"? Seem to remember they introduced it with Source back in the day.