• daniel-roberts - October 18, 2013 9:48 p.m.

Great list, but you forgot watching Solid Snake crawl through the microwave room near the end of Metal Gear Solid 4. That moment made me tear up big time.
  • freeden - October 19, 2013 12:53 a.m.

This one two. MGS4 was just full of memories, but that is quite honestly one of the hardest scenes I've ever had to play through in any game ever, not just because of the actual physical strain, but watching Snake go through all that. Hell of a moment.
  • rob619 - October 19, 2013 10:18 a.m.

Im with you. Boy Hideo Koijma is quite simply the greatest game maker there is.
  • Satchurated - October 18, 2013 9:34 p.m.

For me: Playing a match of Halo Reach with my friends in my basement while eating pizza and blowing shit up with the spartan laser and plasma launcher. Our fave map was that blood gulch remake. It was so fun!! I also got into a Smash bros. Brawl tounrament at my high school and showed up a bunch of people with Fox. Using that deflector was so fun!!! Getting to the end of Horde in Gears 2 was also a blast. Got pretty far with my friends and then I'd do matchmaking and see how far I'd get after investing hours into it. So many times happened when people had to leave because it took so much time. But damn was it fun!! Getting into fights in Fight Night Round 3 and Wii Boxing with my brother was also fun as hell. Oh and in Fight Night, having the Burger King as your trainer was so awesome! Back when the King commercials were the shit!! Oh and getting Crackdown after playing the demo and then realizing that the game was worth it alone even without the Halo 3 Beta incentive. And that Beta was so epic. Waiting up till 12 to play the Halo Reach Beta was awesome too. Damn did I love that pistol. It was so powerful. Playing through MGS4 with my cousins and switching hands after every mission. Didn't matter to either of us because it was like watching a movie and we could all help each other with those secret stealth holes. Damn that was fun too!! Oh and getting Netflix to work for the first time was completely Epic! Finally getting it to work was amaing and I shared it with everyone in my family. I also had some similar movies in my queue too like Pan's Labyrinth and Clockwork Orange. The Avatar update may have been upsetting to some, but it was friggin awesome when I got my update after playing with it at my friend's house. Never spent a dime on avatar crap though. Biggest waste of money. When I got my first Red Ring of Death, I sent my xbox to microsoft and when I finally got it back it felt like I had been living in a cave and saw fire for the second time. Damn were my xboxs unreliable. Taught me to always buy an extended warranty. Getting a $40 xbox live gold from amazon was awesome too. MAde me feel like a boss. Same goes for getting Red Dead Redemption for $30 on Black Friday at Walmart. And then playing it an being amazed. Playing Guitar hero at my neighboring friend's house. I would grab my guitar and we would jam together. It was so cool. In closing, I'll probably not get a new console for at least another 2 years, but I hope I'll have some cool memories at least close to these in the future.
  • artcellrox - October 18, 2013 9:33 p.m.

My personal ones: 1. God Hand being one of the many games chosen for PSN's PS2 classics, letting me replay, anytime I want, my favourite video game of all time. I was heartbroken when our PS2 broke down permanently, so this piece of news was a godsend to me. 2. Okami HD. For pretty much the same reason as God Hand, except this is my SECOND favourite game of all time (yes, yes, call me out for Clover bias). 3. Zone of the Enders HD. This being announced gave me the chance to play two of the PS2's most underrated games, and quite possibly one of the best mecha games ever. 3a. Tying up with that, Okami HD devs Hexadrive taking the time to fix High Voltage's mess of an HD port, and giving us a true 1080p HD experience for Zone of the Enders 2 HD.
  • BaraChat - October 18, 2013 9:17 p.m.

Hard to pinpoint one thing I'll remember most, but most of them are included on this list. The only "missing" things coming to mind right now would be THAT scene just before the final MGS4 fight, walking out of Vault 101 (And my first use of VATS to headshot some bandit) in Fallout 3, "All Ghillied Up" and that's about it I think.
  • Fran_Halen - October 18, 2013 9:03 p.m.

Ripping off Helio's head in God of War 3 was my one of, if not my favorite moment.
  • winner2 - October 18, 2013 7:28 p.m.

I'm so glad Sif made it on here, i just had a wave of memories from that fight.
  • SDHoneymonster - October 19, 2013 10:23 a.m.

And the DLC came along and made it even better.
  • jedisamurai - October 18, 2013 5:48 p.m.

My 50: 1.FINALLY being able to play Radiant Silvergun after 15 years of waiting. 2. FINALLY having an arcade perfect home version of Daytona U.S.A. 3. Beating Ikaruga. 4. The ending of Bastion. 5. Running down the side of the Citidel in space and watching enemies snap-freeze and float away as I battle them in Mass Effect 1. 6. Watching as my entire squad is massacred in Mass Effect 2's final mission. 7. Running between the tentacles of a Reaper as it fires a barrage of energy blasts at me in Mass Effect 3. 8. Played Child of Eden with Kinect. 9. Hearing my mom tell us to keep the noise down with four players playing Rock Band. 10. Shelling out $100.00 plus dollars for the instruments for Rock Band because it's worth it. 11. Playing Turbo Graphix games on my Wii. 12. Realizing that I need to watch Blu Rays on my PS3 and DVDs on my 360 because the DVD smoothing is better on the 360. 13. Buying an HD-DVD player so I can have a DVD and game in my 360 at the same time. 14. Keeping my 360 despite there being zero disc releases I wanted to play because XBLA versions of games were ANNOUNCED. 15. Realizing that the two best characters in Valkyria Chronicles are from Skies of Arcadia. 16. Realizing what a nutbar I am for rebuying games I already own so I can have achievements and HD. 17. Pre-ordering GRID 2 after playing the demo and getting a free T-shirt. 18. SONY being hacked and going offline resulting in a free copy of Wipeout HD. 19. Playing Pinball FX with the 360's analog triggers...and then getting a free upgrade of every table I bought to Pinball FX 2. 20. Buying Rockstar's Table Tennis for less than a dollar and realizing I loved it. 21. Becoming addicted to Steam Sales. 22. Seeing a readout of my Xbox Live Gold stats and realizing that I played multi-player a total of 1 hour in 1 year. 23. Beating someone online at Virtual Fighter, and losing to him when it would have gotten me a promotion. 24. Playing a Smash Bros. Brawl tournament at the local game store and losing in the first round to a NATIONAL TOURNAMENT LEVEL PLAYER. 25. Throwing away remote controls and game controllers because I thought they were broken and the blu-tooth was just out of sync. 26. Running a 20 foot mini-usb cable to my PS3 just so I can keep playing when the battery is dead because the controller doesn't have replacable batteries. 27. Saving up for almost 10 years and finally being able to afford a plasma TV so I can play games and watch movies in HD. 28. Buying Blu Rays before I own a PS3 because I knew I would buy one someday. 29. Selling my copy of Ikaruga for 40.00 ten years after buying it for 40.00 and then buying it from XBLA for 15.00. 30. Realizing that the wi-fi speed is so bad on my PS3 that I have to run a powerline to Ethernet adapter through my house to watch Netflix. 31.Realizing that the only games I like to play have zero interest in the online community so there is no chance of playing online with anyone unless they are in Europe or Japan. 32. Never figuring out how to use voicechat because I have no friends who play the same games I do at the same time. 33. Telling store salespeople that I am interested in all games so long as they are not first-person shooters, and don't have vampires, ghosts, zombies, or horror aspects, and getting a blank brain-dead look. 34. Donating money to kickstarter games...and then becoming addicted to it. 35. Running out of HDMI ports. 36. Realizing that the only thing worth reading in modern video game magazines is the advertisements and guest articles because all the game coverage is about super-violent, cookie-cutter FPS/horror garbage. 37. Buying a new Xbox because of running out of hard drive space. 38. Swapping out the hard drive in my PS3 for a bigger one so I won't repeat the 360 mistake. 39. Trying to play a game for a few minutes while waiting for someone and having to go and turn it off by the time the game finishes loading/updating. 40. Waiting for two days for Gran Turismo 5 to finish updating before it would allow me to play it. 41. Realizing that the XBLA version of Sonic Adventure has more bugs than the Dreamcast original after selling the original and buying the XBLA version. 42.Having all the artwork for installed games hourglass and go blank due to a slow network connection. 43. Having to wait what feels like an eternity for my 360 to scroll all the way to the end of the 100 plus games I have installed. 44. Rebooting my 360 after an update and realizing that Microsoft has forced me to have an incredibly irritating Avatar just like the Wii. 45. Hooking the 360 up to a projector and playing Mass Effect on it for the first time. 46. The End of Portal 2. 47. Realizing that after all the years of waiting, the Kingdom Hearts and Panzer Dragoon system will skip this generation entirely. 48. Realizing that while there will never be a Split Second Sequel, I can buy all the DLC and extend it's life. 49. Acquiring my first "gaming" headset. 50. The Red Ring of Death.
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 18, 2013 5:27 p.m.

Roman calling you and asking you to go bowling in GTA IV The insane amount of bratty smart-mouthed 12 year olds in COD Multiplayer Spending thousands of dollars on Disney Infinity and Skylanders figures.
  • Talvari - October 18, 2013 5:02 p.m.

Pretty awesome list. Think i only personally experienced around half of these. As for my own I remember being pretty blown away at how huge the scale of Xenoblade Chronicles was, and how it redefined JRPGs for me. Bayonetta set the standard unbelievably high for that genre of game with memorable characters, bosses combined with some hilarious cutscenes. Enjoying FF13 when i finally played it despite how much i thought i wouldn't like it, and then FF13-2 becoming my favourite FF was pretty mind blowing for me. Can't forget finally getting a PS3 and getting Demons Souls and having a blast with that game showing really good level design and non-linear gameplay to a certain extent. Also Nier being one of the first games in a very long time to bring me to tears. I'm normally not one for playing through a game for story but damn did that game have a story worth caring about.
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 18, 2013 4:30 p.m.

Feel a little bit sorry for Mass Effect getting a love scene as its biggest moment. That's the easiest that everyone can remember, I suppose, but to me, the thresher maw fighting the reaper in ME3 was such an incredible way to wrap up Tuchanka. It's one of my favorite moments ever. But since 3 was less popular for an assortment of reasons, I would've said that finding out what indoctrination was and that Saren was indoctrinated would have been a better choice. Or fighting the half-finished human reaper at the end of ME2. But that's just one man's opinion.
  • shawksta - October 18, 2013 4 p.m.

The console generation was one hell of a blast. We must prepare ourselves for what the next has in store for us. There were a lot of awesome games this generation with all those moments. I wonder if you'll do an exact opposite of worst moments, like Megaman not being in Marvel vs Capcom 3 :P Kind of lacking in Nintendo stuff, Wii sports just doesnt cut it alone. Super Mario Galaxy in general(DAT END TO SLIMY SPRING GALAXY IN GALAXY 2), Brawl's Reveal trailer in 06, Twilight Princess but considering it was split for both GC and Wii it might not count and more. Groose's out-of-nowhere Character Development for Skyward Sword is one of my personal favorite moments.
  • Vonter - October 18, 2013 7:16 p.m.

Ending of the Prime trilogy, Kirby Epic Yarn nominated for best graphics, the return of the Kongs, also knowing that 8-bit Megaman was the best. But yeah I think there was a move to cinematic experiences and mainly having more immersion in games. Still sad this gen Zelda was lackluster, maybe if it got released a year or two before than when it did.
  • shawksta - October 18, 2013 7:31 p.m.

Both Twilight and Skyward were great and amazing on their own rights, i guess it rubbed you the wrong way, sorry to hear you thought it was lackluster, thats unfortunate.
  • Vonter - October 18, 2013 7:58 p.m.

It's hard for me to replay that game, since it takes a lot of time to reach the good parts. Also the backtracking felt as an excuse to pad the game's length. At least with Twilight Princess it gets more freedom after the third dungeon. It's more or less what I felt with Dream Team, having to do a lot of things to progress just a little bit.
  • shawksta - October 18, 2013 9:53 p.m.

I understand. It wasnt the backtracking that bugged me about Skyward sword but rather the overworld sky was unneccesarily empty, hell, after i got rid of that Black Cloud whirlwind or whatever it was, i thought more areas wouldve been unlocked. Otherwise going back to the old places to find new areas entirely to play through was a neat idea but i guess the approach couldve been better. As for Twilight, i enjoyed its open world, but there are people complaining it was TOO BIG AND EMPTY, despite them complaining about Skyward Sword not having an open world
  • Vonter - October 18, 2013 10:55 p.m.

Well they are right, but it at least had a sense of scale with it's environments. Something I thought Skyward Sword lacked. In TP it felt less confined, and also it's kind of shameful that game had a day/night cycle and Skyward Sword had that limited too.
  • shawksta - October 19, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Skyward Sword indeed lacked an Open world, it was linear but the worlds itself had a little depth but either way it was confined. Yeah your right about the cycle, Skyward only did it when you slept and it was in general only for Skyloft, as you cant go ride your loftwing at night, the only major moment for that was when Zelda was taken and you had no other lead than to follow Fi.