• Mdgeist316 - October 21, 2013 6:56 a.m.

-Deadly Premonition managing to blow everyone away despite looking and playing like a PS2 launch title -Killing your first assassin in No More Heroes -Ezio Auditore. Period. -The music in Nier. Good god. -First time transforming into a wolf in Twilight Princess
  • GR_ZachBetka - October 21, 2013 9:46 a.m.

"The music in Nier" Yes! Right?! I was astounded by it, probably one of my favorite video game soundtracks.
  • PhantomsCry - October 21, 2013 4:58 a.m.

I really enjoyed myself reading this one. I even decided to make an account to help contribute to the list in my own manner. In all honesty, though, I'm having a difficult time picking and choosing my favorites. I've had a refined list of gaming this last generation, but I've loved every single second of it. I've devoured a lethal dose of Halo, and I've survived countless nights in Minecraft with my younger siblings. The best moment of the last console generation was simply taking part.
  • MikeJazzfaceTheDancingSquirrel - October 21, 2013 4:16 a.m.

HALO 3, playing zombies with all my friends in custom games on forge maps we had made that had huge towers and stuff... fuck those were the days
  • CatcarDriver - October 21, 2013 2:34 a.m.

To make long story short, I have 5 things here: 1. Jumping off the roof with DaVinci’s flying machine in AC2; 2. Walking in the moonlight-y night on a horse in Skyrim; 3. Taking the winning buzzer beater in NBA2K when playing with friends face to face; 4. Listening to GlaDOS singing at the end of Portal 2; 5. Step into Columbia at the beginning of Bioshock: Infinite. Oh mama.
  • Shnubby - October 21, 2013 9:52 a.m.

Damn that flying machine! I can do it no problem now but it took me many attempts back in the day.
  • CatcarDriver - October 21, 2013 9:58 a.m.

I remembered that I finished the mission with one attempt, but it took me about 5 tries in the second time walkthrough. How weird!
  • Shnubby - October 21, 2013 10:56 a.m.

The amount of times I had to listen to "SHOOT THE FLYING DEMON!!". It nearly drove me insane!
  • Cinaclov - October 20, 2013 12:47 p.m.

I had to laugh at the wireless controllers page. The only real benefit of wireless controllers as far as I can see is for avoiding tangles in local multiplayer (and I guess if you've got a massive living room/TV and want to sit meters away it's good for that, but I don't know anyone who has a system set up in a room where a wired controller doesn't reach :P). If, say, the N64 had had wireless controllers then that'd be amazing, it'd benefit multiplayer sessions massively, but for this gen (where there's been a disturbing lack of 4-player local multiplayer games on everything but the Wii) I've found they cause far more hassle than they've saved. Needing to have batteries available for the 360, or having to put up with that two foot cable the PS3 comes with, and the occasional mad scramble to change batteries/plug in during an inconvenient moment. I mean, I guess you could argue you have the option to choose between wired/wireless, but not without having to spend extra monies. Wireless certainly wouldn't be amongst my top moments.
  • Shnubby - October 21, 2013 9:54 a.m.

I agree, I much prefer my wired Xbox 360 controller, well until my rabbits nibbled through the wire anyway!
  • rpawloski2458 - October 21, 2013 1:18 p.m.

LOL, same thing happened to me!
  • Shnubby - October 21, 2013 1:39 p.m.

I was angry at first but damn, I can't stay angry at rabbits, they're just too cute and innocent looking!
  • Flashinthepan - October 21, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Two Playstation 3s in the same house, playing Castle Crashers on the same screen while the second Playstation is on in another room. It's not just the wirelessness, it's the fact that the PS3 controllers are bluetooht, and can thusly opperate a Playstation form out of the room.
  • Tyrande - October 20, 2013 9:17 a.m.

lets see, yep Vault 101 opening for the first time revealing an endless wasteland for you to explore. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 sinking ship was pretty cool to escape from. i really didn't like FFXIII, but still going from Coccon to Grand Pulse for the first time was beautiful. Seeing a Tales game on Xbox 360. Escaping from the Dark One in Metro 2033. Stepping on a rock, that was really a freaking golem! on Dragon´s Dogma, and pretty much killing anything there. it was pretty epic. Getting to know your teamates on Mass Effect, and Dragons Age. and whole lot of other things that would make this post too damn long! I ended with tons of great memories from this generation of consoles, THANK YOU! looking forward for more.
  • hardras - October 20, 2013 5:33 a.m.

1_ medal of honor european assault.climbing mount m. At the start of the mission when the comissar on a katyusha truck says: for freedom for.stalin and.for.MOTHER RUSSSIA.ATAAAAAAAACK. And the roars of the soldiers.as wr enter guns blazing with a 100 katyusha missiles in the air.it was just delightfully epic. 2_ jumping of the plane in a mission in sandreas as it explodes the after each mission - music is on as cj opens his chute. 3- spoiler alert for red dead redemption Dying at the end helplessly and then going as jack and retaliating and as jack turns around.they put the red dead redemption logo on the screen it was.epic. 4- getting my first tomahawk bankshot firstblood.in black.ops and hugging my cousin and screaming
  • Shnubby - October 21, 2013 9:56 a.m.

Medal of Honor European Assault and GTA San Andreas are not from the last generation. But yes, great games.
  • CitizenWolfie - October 20, 2013 2:39 a.m.

I'll limit mine to a top 5: #5 - Nuking Megaton in Fallout 3 #4 - Getting nuked myself in Call of Duty 4 #3 - Taking the bathysphere down to Rapture in Bioshock and realising very soon that something is wrong #2 - Clem says goodbye to Lee in The Walking Dead #1 - The doors of Vault 101 opening for the first time to the blinding sunlight in Fallout 3 But there are so, so many more. Those are just ones that always jump to mind first.
  • Shtoomp - October 20, 2013 1:55 a.m.

About 4 moments in monster hunter would be on here for me
  • gladdudeos - October 20, 2013 1:47 a.m.

Buying a game on steam 90% off, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no thank you
  • MyFaceHurts - October 20, 2013 12:53 a.m.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I spent all my time brewing potions, looking for herbs, and staring at the stars at night. Not a bad life, but I never finished the game.
  • rpawloski2458 - October 19, 2013 6:26 p.m.

I know everyone hates COD now, but I have to say, the nuke going off in the first Modern Warfare ranks up their for me.