• RebornKusabi - March 28, 2010 2:48 a.m.

lol I typed a long "rage hate" post... and then I remembered, I don't care if people hate on Final Fantasy ; ) I like the series, not LOVE, like the series and think some of the crap they do with the series really is stupid at times(like making MMO offshoots "numbered" entries) but other than that, I could really care less what others think of the series. Now make fun of the Fatal Frame/Project Rei series to my face and I would ****ing massacre you for your stupidity. "lol u use camras n dat gaem lol wai knot magnumss!!1" Because you can't SHOOT ghosts with bullets you stupid bastard >_<
  • fanboyhunter - March 28, 2010 3:54 a.m.

Well I heard that 3 Kingdom Hearts games were announced including Kingdom Hearts 3!!! So I seriously doubt we'll see FF7 remade this generation if at all. That said I love Final Fantasy and hope they step up the time in between games so I don't have to wait 5 years for each.
  • Doogan - March 28, 2010 4:51 a.m.

If they remade FF7 then that would make me buy a PS3, Until then I'll stick with my PC
  • Schnipke - March 28, 2010 5:01 a.m.

I hate the Blitzball part, but I love the rest of FFX, and I also understand the story with ease. I also liked its sequel too. I think though that if they decide to make sequels to these games, that they should play like a core Final Fantasy game, not like Dirge of Cerberus which I played for a week than hated it and let it collect dust on the shelf till I eventually sold it.
  • ranzatsu - March 28, 2010 6:11 a.m.

Just what I asked for!
  • Smeggs - March 28, 2010 6:18 a.m.

Two of my friends won't leave me alone until I've played FFVII but I just can't get over the graphics. I literally felt nauseous when I saw them on the PS1. If they could bump the graphics up to look even PS2 (like FFX graphics) then I'd play it in an instant.
  • Cwf2008 - March 28, 2010 6:21 a.m.

Holy crap no wonder i didnt see this yesterday...its a weekend article! Nice this is unprecidented!
  • whipcreamcloud - March 28, 2010 8:40 a.m.

Actually, I'd much rather they remake FF6 for the PS3. And if they make it for the 360, that alone would make me buy a 360.
  • bugokish - March 28, 2010 10:08 a.m.

this article is such a hater.. if u hate final fantasy then dont play it, simple as that. no one's asking you to play it!
  • Shermie - March 28, 2010 11:13 a.m.

I'm with whipcreamcloud on this one, I'd much rather see FF6 remade, it's my favorite of the series. I quite enjoyed FF11 though, so it doesn't matter to me what they called it, lol.
  • tHEmISFIT - March 28, 2010 11:14 a.m.

I love this article. But you also forgot the crappy stories, the emo characters, the lame final bosses that come out of nowhere, the fact that square has been recycling the same stupid story with every game, the leveling system, the whiny main characters who look like girls, the pathetic cutscenes, level grinding, fetch quests, stupid plot turns, confusing menus, ff12's stupid combat system, and I could go on, but let me just say, Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated game ever.
  • DeathbyFira - March 28, 2010 11:34 a.m.

ehh i kinda like blitzball they just need to tweak the system a bit like take that when you swim you lose your hp thing insted of useing that to do more badass moves and OMG i would love to see a FFVII remake for the ps3 it looked so fing good when i first saw that tease trailer sqare made for it if they made a remake with those grapics and fully voed with good people i be like F mass effect and all those western rpgs lol
  • majorsuave - March 28, 2010 12:40 p.m.

1. Large eyes 2. pointy chins 3. ugly 80s hair 4. small mouths 5. Pre-wedding crasher Owen Wilson look alike on promo material.
  • AuthorityFigure - March 28, 2010 1:33 p.m.

THe spin-offs really muddy up the series in their own way.
  • grizzly311 - March 28, 2010 2 p.m.

Chocobo breeding in VII was much worse than Blitzball. BB wasn't too bad if you picked up the Jecht Shot and changed your players a little bit. I also think the card game in IX was much better than in VIII.
  • jackthemenace - March 28, 2010 5:13 p.m.

If VII doesn't relaunch, ima be pissed.
  • milesgregory - March 28, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Oi all of those who said ffVII was the only good one needs to stop playing ff then. VIII was better than VII (a lot more confusing but still). I also like IX because it ties in with the original FF. number V helped with the job system that would later be used for FF tactics. XII was f**king sweet. XI sucked though.
  • GrlGmr - March 28, 2010 7:38 p.m.

Having started playing the series with FF on the NES and having played every game up until that point (even the Game Boy ones), I thought FFVII was a step backwards from VI in every way except for sound. The pre-rendered backgrounds were pretty, but very non-interactive. I might be in the minority here, but I thought the detailed sprites of the 16 bit FF games were much better than those low-poly piles of puke in VII. I also thought the characters were dull and uninteresting. I also didn't care for the setting, which placed much more emphasis on the sci-fi element than previous games in the series had. The unskippable summoning cutscenes made the game extremely tedious to play. In the previous games they had been short, a few seconds at most. In VII they took around 2 minutes. When VII launched I thought it was extremely overrated, but I guess a lot of people who had never played an RPG before bought it. The continued fawning and drooling over the game has made me actively dislike it. It still wasn't as bad as VIII, though. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have to draw spells off of enemies deserves to be beaten over the head with a controller. Oh, and Squall was an unlikeable a-hole and I spent the entire game hating his guts and wondering what Rhinoa saw in the guy. And those unskippable cutscenes? Yeah, they were back too. The last game in the main series I played was IX, and it was dull, dull, dull. I haven't bothered with the main series since. The thing that I'm most annoyed about is the sequel to IV, though. I've been wanting a sequel since that game came out, and one FINALLY comes out, and it sucks. Lame.
  • oryandymackie - March 28, 2010 8:09 p.m.

Week of Hate should NEVER end.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - March 28, 2010 8:37 p.m.

@GermanMafia94: You realise Super Saiyans have green eyes, not blue, right? Fail (: