• kaaos - March 29, 2010 2:12 p.m.

oh an one more thing,ff needs to change teheir boring turn-taking battling,i mean ff12 and ff13 are the only ones that could get away with that
  • kaaos - March 29, 2010 2:08 p.m.

ugh!!! i can't stand any 2-d final fantasy,i really hate the gameplay,and plus everybody started to like it ever since the first kingdom hearts which is baddass besides crisis core and dissidia
  • Tomsta666 - March 29, 2010 9:13 a.m.

Only 5?
  • ScruffyTheJanitor - March 29, 2010 6:26 a.m.

no game should be allowed to go on for this goddamn long! The FINAL in the title is a LIE!(the same can be said about movies *cough*Saw*cough*) I hope the world does end in 2012 so we never have to hear about how great, or pretty, or androgenous Final Fantasy XXIII is.
  • beezn - March 29, 2010 6:24 a.m.

I just bought FF VII this last week... I'm all ready irritated.
  • Tochy - March 29, 2010 6:10 a.m.

i HATE ff games
  • ArmTheBomb - March 29, 2010 3:17 a.m.

...What's with the hype over Final fantasy 7 anyways?I always found the story/ characters lame and unappealing.. It's called FF6 n 9 people.
  • psycowolf - March 29, 2010 1:56 a.m.

lol ive inly played 4 final fantasy games, two of wich were sequals/prequals. the frst one ive ever played was FFX. i got 5 min. in the games a returned it for a different game. i just could not get into it. the second was FFVII-Durge of Cerberus. i liked it because i was....uhh idk i just liked making boom boom soundsa and transforming into a wareworlf like creture. the next was the remake of FFIII on the DS. i realy liked that one. it just had a realy good plot and a realy diverse charcter scheme tthat just seemed to me was perfect. the last FF game ive played was CRYSIS CORE-FFVII on the PSP. that was my favorite. infact that was my favorite game on psp. right now im w8ing for my friend to get that new FF game (FFXII?)to play it. i like the games and respect FF but GOD OF WAR CAN KICK ITS ASS ANYDAY OF THE WEEK!!!!
  • VyseTheTetrisdork - March 28, 2010 10:49 p.m.

The only FF game I've ever beaten was FF1 back when it was re-released on the GBA. Still gotta make plans to actually beat VII, and I liked that one. I stayed away from VIII due to a terrible PS Underground demo I played. Glad to know the rest of the game sucked (and that's thanks to The Spoony One's playthrough of said game). Tyler's art made up for the fact that there were no new banjo videos this year. Give him some more alcohol! That, and can I use your Cloud art as an avatar on some forums I go to with credit to you? recaptcha: choir GOP
  • KristopherMD - March 28, 2010 8:48 p.m.

As much as i hate to be thought of as a fan-boy, i can't help but say that if final fantasy 7 was ever remade, i would buy it the second it hit the shelves. Hell, if for some reason it was a Sony exclusive, I'd buy the ps3 just to play it.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - March 28, 2010 8:37 p.m.

@GermanMafia94: You realise Super Saiyans have green eyes, not blue, right? Fail (:
  • oryandymackie - March 28, 2010 8:09 p.m.

Week of Hate should NEVER end.
  • GrlGmr - March 28, 2010 7:38 p.m.

Having started playing the series with FF on the NES and having played every game up until that point (even the Game Boy ones), I thought FFVII was a step backwards from VI in every way except for sound. The pre-rendered backgrounds were pretty, but very non-interactive. I might be in the minority here, but I thought the detailed sprites of the 16 bit FF games were much better than those low-poly piles of puke in VII. I also thought the characters were dull and uninteresting. I also didn't care for the setting, which placed much more emphasis on the sci-fi element than previous games in the series had. The unskippable summoning cutscenes made the game extremely tedious to play. In the previous games they had been short, a few seconds at most. In VII they took around 2 minutes. When VII launched I thought it was extremely overrated, but I guess a lot of people who had never played an RPG before bought it. The continued fawning and drooling over the game has made me actively dislike it. It still wasn't as bad as VIII, though. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have to draw spells off of enemies deserves to be beaten over the head with a controller. Oh, and Squall was an unlikeable a-hole and I spent the entire game hating his guts and wondering what Rhinoa saw in the guy. And those unskippable cutscenes? Yeah, they were back too. The last game in the main series I played was IX, and it was dull, dull, dull. I haven't bothered with the main series since. The thing that I'm most annoyed about is the sequel to IV, though. I've been wanting a sequel since that game came out, and one FINALLY comes out, and it sucks. Lame.
  • milesgregory - March 28, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Oi all of those who said ffVII was the only good one needs to stop playing ff then. VIII was better than VII (a lot more confusing but still). I also like IX because it ties in with the original FF. number V helped with the job system that would later be used for FF tactics. XII was f**king sweet. XI sucked though.
  • jackthemenace - March 28, 2010 5:13 p.m.

If VII doesn't relaunch, ima be pissed.
  • grizzly311 - March 28, 2010 2 p.m.

Chocobo breeding in VII was much worse than Blitzball. BB wasn't too bad if you picked up the Jecht Shot and changed your players a little bit. I also think the card game in IX was much better than in VIII.
  • AuthorityFigure - March 28, 2010 1:33 p.m.

THe spin-offs really muddy up the series in their own way.
  • majorsuave - March 28, 2010 12:40 p.m.

1. Large eyes 2. pointy chins 3. ugly 80s hair 4. small mouths 5. Pre-wedding crasher Owen Wilson look alike on promo material.
  • DeathbyFira - March 28, 2010 11:34 a.m.

ehh i kinda like blitzball they just need to tweak the system a bit like take that when you swim you lose your hp thing insted of useing that to do more badass moves and OMG i would love to see a FFVII remake for the ps3 it looked so fing good when i first saw that tease trailer sqare made for it if they made a remake with those grapics and fully voed with good people i be like F mass effect and all those western rpgs lol
  • tHEmISFIT - March 28, 2010 11:14 a.m.

I love this article. But you also forgot the crappy stories, the emo characters, the lame final bosses that come out of nowhere, the fact that square has been recycling the same stupid story with every game, the leveling system, the whiny main characters who look like girls, the pathetic cutscenes, level grinding, fetch quests, stupid plot turns, confusing menus, ff12's stupid combat system, and I could go on, but let me just say, Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated game ever.