• Cromac - November 26, 2010 6:21 a.m.

Games come first, trophies and achievements are just things that happen along the way. Only game I have 100% in is Demon's Souls. Nothing else has held my interest long enough for me to happen to get 100%.
  • Sala106 - November 26, 2010 5:18 a.m.

Wow whats so cool about achievement points? they dont even give you anything
  • Cwf2008 - November 26, 2010 3:52 a.m.

I thought the only tip would be "Don't have a life"
  • EroticInvisibleMan - November 26, 2010 2:42 a.m.

The only good achievements are the ones that reward you in game, Zombie Genocider for instance (as well as all those WoW ones that give titles and mounts) otherwise, they are pointless.
  • foxyexplosion - November 26, 2010 2:28 a.m.

I understand batman5273, its all about what you want to do and simply achieving a goal, I mean hell, 100,000 points would be cool, even if it is only a personal victory. What does it matter if others talk spit, games are about doing what you want. I cared at one point about gamerscore but after losing some data and getting my ish reset Ive lost interest but this guy can do what he wants
  • Defguru7777 - November 26, 2010 2:25 a.m.

I don't really care about my Gamerscore, I just care about 100%-ing my games. Not that I do that as much as I'd like...
  • SwampRock - November 26, 2010 1:58 a.m.

So. Don't play real games. Just buy shitty games so you can increase some irrelevant number that will TOTALLY make your life better. Also you get the satisfaction of being that much more lonely and alone. DONT game with friends, hell, don't even make friends, EVER. Your moms basement is all you need to grow your cyber penis until its HUGE.
  • Crabhand - November 26, 2010 1:23 a.m.

I don't care what other people say, I like achievements. They may be meaningless, but they give you a little something more to shoot for or offer a new way to play a game. I'm obviously not into playing shitty games, but I do love to reach 100% completion for a good game. But yea, this guy has incredible endurance to play all the shit he does for his gamerscore.
  • FrozenImplosion - November 25, 2010 8:43 p.m.

Honestly, I feel more compelled to buy the games I'm interested in playing to have FUN, and then 100%ing them. I have a ton of fun doing that, and I'm up to like 44,000 while still having a lot of fun doing it. I think these should be called tips to get an INSANE gamerscore. If you want like 500,000 then, yeah those tips would help. Just know it's possible to get pretty high up there with Gamerscore while having fun.
  • D0CCON - November 25, 2010 7:57 p.m.

As soon as I saw this, I thought the tips would be to play shitty games, spend lots of money on stuff that really doesn't deserve your hard-earned cash, and do things that will ruin your love of gaming and will make you never want to play another game again. And surprise surprise, I was dead on. If you are going to do any of this, at least use Gamefly and save yourself some money. I like achievements too, but the worst I've ever done was borrow NBA 2K6 for an easy 1K. That does not translate into this. How can you even enjoy this?
  • Aletheon - November 25, 2010 7:47 p.m.

Beating Vanquish on God Hard is my gamerscore. Beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja mode is my gamerscore....ect.
  • Aletheon - November 25, 2010 7:45 p.m.

People care about gamerscores? AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA wow.
  • Shystie - November 25, 2010 7:23 p.m.

I don't understand why Gamesradar makes articles about this guy like it's something special. Anyone can spend a bunch of money and time on bad and easy games to get your gamerscore up, why not feature someone who's got like 100% on games like Ninja Gaiden 2, Tony Hawks Project 8, Dead or Alive 4 and so on. The games that take a very large amount of skill to complete.
  • scsmith1 - November 25, 2010 6:52 p.m.

Damn, my piddly 6800 points earned in four years doesn't seem all the impressive anymore.
  • batman5273 - November 25, 2010 6:41 p.m.

@doominatorx6,you are absolutely right!
  • farsided - November 25, 2010 6:28 p.m.

As long as my score is higher than my friends, I'm not going to devolve myself to playing crappy games, and currently it is.
  • Markstone - November 25, 2010 5:29 p.m.

Having such a high gamerscore seems kinda useless when people can see what games you had to play to get it :P
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 25, 2010 5:10 p.m.

@batman5273 ^ ultimately gamerscore doesn't mean jack shit So what the heck is the point? Bragging rights? It's just an arbitrary #... This Trophy/Achievement craze is a bit ridiculous.
  • daninthemix - November 25, 2010 4:43 p.m.

GR please don't encourage this. Achievements cause people to play terrible games, and do unfun things in good games. In other words - they take the fun out of gaming. They do make publishers/developers money though.
  • oryandymackie - November 25, 2010 4:35 p.m.

500000 Gamerscore should be impressive, but it isn't.