• DannyMB - June 28, 2012 5:20 a.m.

Seriously, what are Nintendo doing? Its like someone has turned off their ability to listen to common sense.
  • Cyberninja - June 28, 2012 6:02 a.m.

Common sense says they will get more crap from early adopters if they build in the second circle pad, also when has any handheld ever built in a peripheral in the next iteration? That's the one thing people keep forgetting is its an peripheral. no matter how important people think it is for some reason it will never be necessary.
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 28, 2012 12:33 p.m.

Peripherals usually aren't parts of a controller you'd expect on a controller. And unlike other peripherals, a second analog stick and LZ and RZ buttons could be implemented into way more games. Also to debunk the logic of your debate I present to you the Wii motion plus. By your definition the Wii Motion Plus is nothing more than a peripheral yet somehow I happen to have a Wii controller with one built into it.
  • Cyberninja - June 28, 2012 2:52 p.m.

The 3DS is an entire handheld console, which is why I said "when has any handheld ever built in a peripheral in the next iteration?" The wiimote example doesn't debunk my logic because it is just a controller for a console not the entire console itself like the 3ds,and there are more then a few times when a controller has been updated to be more modern. Also I know that the stick and the buttons could be used in more games but that would screw over early adopters because that would make their console obsolete, which would be good reason to be angry with Nintendo.
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 28, 2012 6:38 p.m.

It wouldn't make the handheld obsolete... the early adopters with the circle pad pro would still have the option. And developers would still design games no different than they would now. Only instead of having to go out and buy an even larger Circle pad for their oversized 3DS they have it built in. If you're going to re-release the handheld anyways might as well throw in the extra buttons that should have been there in the first place. Honestly they would get more attention to the 3DS XL IF it had the circle pad pro built in. Buy reselling a handheld people already have only bigger and then trying to sell them a peripheral already out only bigger isn't exactly going to sound appealing to a lot of people.
  • jmcgrotty - June 29, 2012 12:01 a.m.

The 3DS is not a handheld console. A console is a device that hooks up to a standalone display. While the 3DS can hook up to a display, it is an additional "feature" and not enough to classify it as a console. It is a handheld system.
  • jmcgrotty - June 29, 2012 12:02 a.m.

• ParagonT - June 28, 2012 6:06 a.m.

I think that they are listening, its just a few idiots that they're listening to. It's like my mother, (bless her heart) she listens to any stranger that's not out for her best interest but then ignores advice from her family. Convoluted I know.
  • BladedFalcon - June 28, 2012 7:02 a.m.

Heh, my dad does the same. So I guess it's not THAT uncommon XD
  • ParagonT - June 28, 2012 7:27 a.m.

Maybe they're senile? Or does stubbornness come with age?
  • BladedFalcon - June 28, 2012 8:50 a.m.

I don't think it's senility. But yeah, stubbornness definitely gets increased with age. That, and well, I think it also has to do with the fact that familiarity decreases respect XD
  • ParagonT - June 28, 2012 1:01 p.m.

HA! That was good.
  • raidramon0 - June 28, 2012 5:15 a.m.

I think Nintendo's losing the whole concept of portable gaming devices. Judging by the picture on wikipedia, they could easily fit the 2nd analog stick and the 2 shoulder buttons onto that behemoth. Until they acutally do, I'm sticking with the 3DS I've got.
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 28, 2012 5:14 a.m.

It really just would have been waaaay too difficult to put it on the actual 3DS itself... wouldn't it?