• Enaksan - July 26, 2010 8:59 p.m.

This guy must be very good at 'predicting' things he seems to get his quotes everywhere!! I think that £200 (proper money!) would be the upper limit although if there were sufficent demo pods to convince me £250 might not be so bad. Fully intend on getting one though if only to play OoT in another revamp...
  • PaulieWaulie - July 26, 2010 8:50 p.m.

Who are these bloody analysts? Why do the gaming press pass on the shite they say, it's like they are lubing us up before the inevitable penttration from the evil doers at the big publishers. Any chance GR can do an article of detailing how many of these predictions people like Pachter actually get right.
  • nuno004 - July 26, 2010 8:45 p.m.

shit, i'd still get it if the rumors about 3g are true but if not I would not pay 50 extra
  • ThatGuyFromTV - July 26, 2010 8:42 p.m.

Graphics that awesome in 3D would almost definitely be worth $250, but how would everyone know the 3D is real? It's gonna be a tough sell for Nintendo, I think $200 is the best they're gonna get unless they have a way to market the 3D effectively.
  • Strangleme - July 26, 2010 8:38 p.m.

I honestly don't care about the potential price increase. I know I'll get it regardless. I would like to see the 3Ds' capabilities first, but if I couldn't see it before I bought it, I would still buy it.
  • StrayGator - July 26, 2010 8:34 p.m.

Well-known games industry analyst, Michael Pachter, makes another baseless, attention grabbing "prediction" to maintain his Well-known-ness.
  • MrDuracraft - July 26, 2010 8:31 p.m.

The $250 pricetag seems unreasonable for Ninty, but 200 and less is probable. And an increase of $4 a game for a (supposedly) revolutionary handheld system is not much to ask.
  • db1331 - July 26, 2010 8:28 p.m.

I would be shocked if it was more than $199. I wasn't planning on getting one until I saw the Ocarina remake. Now I am fighting the urge.
  • Tygerclaws - July 26, 2010 8:22 p.m.

Well, considering all that's going into the thing, I think they'd be completely justified in asking a little more for it. Of course, that would result in a few people opting not to buy it at launch and instead wait for a price drop but that's likely a very small margin of people, but the majority would still buy it day one so it's not like they would lose much.
  • Cyberninja - July 26, 2010 8:18 p.m.

nintendo is always cheap so 250 dollars for a handheld is not going to happen.
  • Ultimadrago - July 26, 2010 8:15 p.m.

Nintendo is wise enough to not fall into the "too pricy" issue. It very well may be 180-200, not 250 unless they want to fall into the trap Kinect is setting for itself. However, I have not held one so I have not "tasted" its worth yet. 250 is still too high though.
  • SumthingStupid - July 26, 2010 8:13 p.m.

i dout they'll change but i'll probably buy it no matter, and what about the games because are the DS games normally cheaper too
  • Felixthecat - July 26, 2010 8:06 p.m.

Michael Pachter is a dick. Nintendo make pretty cheap hardware. I highly doubt that is going to change.