• lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 12:08 p.m.

whatever respect 38 studios earned by creating a new IP in a world of sequels prequels and reboots, went right out the window for me when I realized how much the game fucking sucked. as an rpg fan I was looking forward to koa since it was announced, so never before have I felt so completely let down and ripped off by a game. so I can't help but feel a sense of "good for you, assholes" when I hear 38 is closing down. and speaking of assholes, NOTHING makes me happier than to see curt schillings first major business venture after baseball be such a complete failure on every single level.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 7, 2012 12:43 p.m.

Bro, a bunch of people just lost their jobs, are you really happy about that?
  • Person5 - June 7, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Apperently if you take part in making a game he didn't like you deserve to lose your job. Harsh.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 3:08 p.m.

yeah man, tough world isn't it? if your job is to make something good that makes x money, and you make something bad that makes less than x money, your "make something" privileges should be taken away. i.e., you should lose that job.
  • Fleshcrawl - June 7, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Like your lack to "make intelligent comment?"
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 8:19 p.m.

there is WAY too much irony here to let it go... what the fuck exactly are you trying to say? take a deep breath, slow down, and try again, cause i have no fucking clue what that's supposed to mean.
  • CrashmanX - June 7, 2012 8:46 p.m.

It means your in-ability to make an intelligent comment means you should have your right to make comments taken away. By your own logic of course.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 9:23 p.m.

lol what? just cause you don't agree with my comment doesn't mean i've failed to make it, you fucking half-witted piece of shit. and just cause you don't agree doesn't mean all of a sudden that my flawless punctuation and spelling are somehow no longer flawless. fuck off asshole, no one fucking asked you to begin with. i'm just dying for this fleshcrawl dude to respond with his nonsensical meaningless caveman-speak
  • congregg62 - June 7, 2012 10:01 p.m.

So you're saying that every creator of every single game or entertainment media you did not like should lose their jobs along with thousands of others? That is really stupid, and while it is an opinion, it is a stupid and redundant thing to say. And also, that "fleshcrawl dude[s]" "caveman-speak" is no worse than you not capitalizing a single word in you entire paragraph. And also, cursing doesn't make a difference in your rant on this guy. It makes you sound stupid and immature, and is purely offending to no one but yourself.
  • Fleshcrawl - June 8, 2012 9:06 a.m.

Are you dead yet?
  • Tjwoods18 - June 7, 2012 3:13 p.m.

It did suck. Too much of a generic RPG feel for my sense, so I am glad that schilling failed. The government (Rode Island) should seize his assets to make up for the employee's lossess.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 8:23 p.m.

too generic, too childish, too much fairy bullshit, TOO BIG (something i NEVER thought i'd say about an RPG), too MMO-ish, no jump, too easy...i could go on an on. the fact that his punk ass asked the fucking government for $75 mil, only to have it blow up in his face...i hope schilling is paying these people back for decades
  • Gibsonsg527 - June 7, 2012 7:38 p.m.

Do you realize how childish you sound right now? Oh boo hoo you were disappointed in a game cry me a river. I was disappointed in Halo Reach but I didn't want them to all lose their jobs like an asshole. Their is always room for improvement and they could get better. Their is a difference between making a bad product and getting fired for it and rubbing it in the faces of 300 hard working developers just because you didn't get what you wanted. You should show a little sympathy, some of those guys had families to feed. Many studious are being shut down latley and it might be hard for them to find another job.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 8:21 p.m.

jesus fucking christ, please please PLEASE learn how to fucking spell. you look like a total fucking idiot calling me childish but yet you don't know the difference between "there" and "their" and can't spell "studios" and "lately". for fucks sake...
  • CrashmanX - June 7, 2012 8:48 p.m.

You don't understand capitalization nor punctuation so I believe your own argument just backfired on you.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 9:20 p.m.

i choose not to capitalize my letters. if you don't see punctuation then you're not only blind but a fucking retard.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 8:26 p.m.

also...how fucking stupid and immature did you have to be initially to be looking forward to fucking Halo 9? lmao, you lose.
  • CrashmanX - June 7, 2012 8:48 p.m.

Opinions man, how do they work?
  • Gibsonsg527 - June 7, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Bringing up spelling mistakes and calling me stupid for liking Halo is that all you have to your argument? This an article on a gaming website I could care less how my spelling is here. I wrote that pretty fast because I was angry at how childish some people can be on the internet. I'm doing just fine in my college English courses thank you very much. Please do everyone a favor and grow up a little and don't throw a fit because you didn't get what you wanted like a little child. A lot of people lost their jobs and they worked real hard on that game. More people losing their jobs is the last thing we need in this terrible economy.
  • lazer59882 - June 7, 2012 9:25 p.m.

lol, at least you spell checked that one. nice job, asshole. no one gives a fuck what you think though, to be honest.
  • congregg62 - June 8, 2012 12:02 a.m.

You are quite ignorant to say no one cares. A rational human being that isn't selfish and narrow minded cares about others opinions or at least respects them enough to simply be quiet about them. And like I said in the other comment, cussing someone is really just immature and berating Gibsonsg527 for his two spelling issues while you have about 25 grammar mistakes (Yes, I suffered through your comments and counted each grammar mistake. Bite me.) is really stupid and incredibly hypocritical and maybe a bit ironic. Also, he apologized for his mistake, which means you should stop being such a jerk about it.
  • avantguardian - June 8, 2012 12:16 a.m.

sadly, i think the best thing to do for raging internet children is just ignore them. many of us feel your frustration, i can promise you that. dude obviously has his head WAY too far up his own ass to give a shit about what any of us have to say about his douchieness. (and, as an aside, capitalizing internet comments is about as necessary as capping texts. which is to say, not necessary at all. cheers.)
  • congregg62 - June 8, 2012 12:03 a.m.

• congregg62 - June 8, 2012 12:07 a.m.

• Person5 - June 8, 2012 3 a.m.

First of all, I gotta say, lazer, calm down dude. Now I want to look at an example using your logic. I don't like Call of Duty. It is the same thing every year, there is never any real improvement and its really just another generic FPS. All the people at Treyarch and Infinity Ward should lose their jobs, I just don't like the game, that is enough reason for them to DESERVE being jobless. In this thread before you started getting really angry at everyone for some reason, this is what you were arguing. Does this look like an intelligent argument to you? No one really deserves the misfortune of being unemployed, especially because the company you work at goes under. Truly believing that people who aren't decent human beings deserve misfortune, makes YOU a terrible person. I hope my grammar and spelling were done to your liking. DISCLAIMER: I do not want to start a war about COD here, I am not a fan but I don't see the need to argue over it.
  • TheHowetzer - June 8, 2012 4:55 a.m.

Ok I going to START with the Disclaimer: I have no idea what the story is behind 38 studios, but it sounds like they wanted PUBLIC money to make a game? Are we serious here? I'm SO glad I dont live in rhode island! Id be furious if they were getting any taxpayer dollars to make a game, and why do you people think the studio went tits up when the public money got pulled? BECAUSE no one wanted the game enough. Thus there was NO reason for it ever to be made in the first place. I saw ONE comment in this whole thing so far who was saying there should be an investigation, just ONE. Congratz to whoever that was who actually wrote something here that was worth the time to read. Now on topic about the "losing your job" thing. I can't believe that everyone doesn't understand this. @person5 You talk about CoD, you dont like it. I agree with you. However, they sell ALOT of copies, so we have to realize and concede that alot of people do NOT agree with us and are willing to pay for the product. For this reason the people who work there have EARNED their jobs and should stay employed. Now, can you work out how it should work if the opposite is the case? If the game, or widget, or whatever doesn't sell...aka people don't want it, then they have no reason to be there and they SHOULD lose their jobs. That means those people have to move on to the next thing and try to find something else that people actually WANT. Really made me SICK to see a bunch of people saying crap like " aww those poor people!!! They have families to feeed!!!! Cant they just still have a job doing NOTHING of value???? We should still pay them for stuff NO ONE wants!" What the hell is wrong with people these days...wake up people!