• patbateman17 - April 10, 2014 5:13 p.m.

Yeah, at least my parents eventually left me alone. Now I hear some of these from my wife, who grew up in an Eastern European country dirt poor. So I feel like a real shit heel spending any amount of money on videogames :\ Also I can never, ever let her watch me play Dishonored, GTA5 or Hotline Miami because then I'm just a degenerate. Naturally she walked in on the 30 second sex scene that came out of nowhere in Red Dead Redemption. Damnit videogames, stop making it worse!
  • pl4y4h - April 10, 2014 5:25 p.m.

Lol that is rough
  • Trollkitten - April 10, 2014 5:11 p.m.

I object to the outside part. Outside is so awesome, half of all video game levels are based on it.
  • Jacko415 - April 10, 2014 4:50 p.m.

That was awesome.
  • winner2 - April 10, 2014 2:22 p.m.

Some of these, especially the better use of spending money one, are gold. I don't want to hear about my spending habits when you bought a multi hundred $ bike that you used ONCE, or a 130$ bottle of designer NAIL POLISH.
  • shawksta - April 10, 2014 1:45 p.m.

Ah good ol parents just trying to keep us straight and not socially awkward. *cough* HENRY *cough*
  • BladedFalcon - April 10, 2014 1:30 p.m.

Man... I can relate to at least 13 of these, specially the "You're playing too much", "Aren't you too old for this?" or "You should be doing something more productive". Which I keep hearing to this day...
  • CitizenWolfie - April 10, 2014 1:29 p.m.

Once when I was pretty young I completed a SNES game that I'd been playing for weeks. I waited all day for my Dad to get home from work, excited to tell him the good news. This is how it went: "Dad! I finished Yoshi's Island!" "Did you do all of it?" "Yep." "All the bosses?" "Yep." "All the secrets?" "Yep." "All the extra lives?" (like that was a thing) "Yep." "I bet you cheated."
  • theguyinthecloset - April 10, 2014 8:57 p.m.

I feel so sad for you now.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 10, 2014 1:14 p.m.

" Talking to yourself is not a good sign." Do you not see the headset I have on, I am talking to my friends online and do I say anything when you yell at the tv during commercials or movies?! NOOOOOOOO!!! " You're going to keel over one day for playing those games for long hours." So far my blood pressure is good and my cholesterol is low, I know what I am doing Dad for once will you just believe me.
  • SuperSATA - April 10, 2014 1:10 p.m.

You forgot "It's Pokemon, not Pokeman!
  • J-Fid - April 10, 2014 2:47 p.m.

• pl4y4h - April 10, 2014 5:27 p.m.

My god........the flashbacks I just had
  • hester2 - April 10, 2014 1:05 p.m.

"This might be a little inappropriate for you. I'll have to check it out first." 36 years together, and I still don't think my mom has figured out my dad actually likes video games.
  • garnsr - April 10, 2014 12:42 p.m.

We used to hear how video games would ruin the TV, especially Atari and NES.
  • hester2 - April 10, 2014 1:06 p.m.

"Turn off the TV if you're going to leave it paused like that!"
  • Rhymenocerous - April 10, 2014 12:41 p.m.

"Yeah there was Jimmy, but Jimmy has problems." Literally, genuinely, actually lol'd.