• anduin1 - January 25, 2011 12:48 a.m.

Um...all of those "XBLA exclusives" are all on Steam :/ fail less
  • Firenzeta - December 30, 2010 8:42 a.m.

As RushofBlood17 said, Chime is on PC well ahead of 2011, making it no longer a XBLA exclusive.
  • philipshaw - December 24, 2010 1:14 p.m.

Great article, downloadable games have had a better year than retail games
  • Fuzunga - December 24, 2010 6:43 a.m.

How is Bit Trip Runner not on this list?
  • Lionzest7 - December 24, 2010 2:41 a.m.

honestly, I didn't feel like sonic 4 was a big disappointment... I felt like they tried to make the game like the old ones, but wanted to keep it nostalgic. I felt like it was a decent game, not really disappointing. I don't care that much about the graphics, the fanmade one is better looking. Honestly though I felt like sonic will just never be made into anything acceptable to all. "The Sonic Fan"
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - December 24, 2010 2:18 a.m.

I'm gonna have to disagree on the Dorito's dissing. Crash course is an incredibly fun game, and i know i've spent at least three hours in the one day that i've owned it playing online with friends. I haven't played harm's way, though i have heard good things. Besides, they're both free.
  • oxman89 - December 23, 2010 6:54 p.m.

Monday night combat! xD thats expected for release on steam in january. It makes me excited because i can have tf2, AND mnc!
  • EricBratcher - December 23, 2010 6:53 p.m.

Weird - I thought the Sonic games would be the most controversial entry on this list, but it's the Doritos games. Go figure. Incidentally, if anyone is playing the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC Dead Money and wondering why it didn't make the cut, it's because it came out too late. It could very well be excellent.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - December 23, 2010 6:20 p.m.

Undead Nightmare has so much to offer for only 10 bucks. Personally I don't think Joe Danger is worth $15 so it's a good thing I waited til black friday to buy it half off. For some reason I always though Super Meat Boy was a XBLA exclusive.
  • elilupe - December 23, 2010 5:40 p.m.

haha I remember when Shamus Young from the Escapist got obsessed with Chiime, and played it so much he got number one on the world leader-boards for a short time!
  • PushesPaperInACircle - December 23, 2010 4:02 p.m.

I had a lot of more fun with Castlevania: Harmony of Despair than with Scott Pilgrim. Henry should give Crash course another shot because the controls are pretty tight.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - December 23, 2010 3:40 p.m.

@japstersam Yeah there were a few that hit way too late for me to play and include, notably Enslaved: Pigsy's Perfect 10 and BFBC2: Vietnam. Plus Dead Rising 2: Case West has the audacity to launch next week, taunting me with further incompleteness. Also you guys are right, Chime stopped being an exclusive a few months ago. It's way too late for such a major edit, but how about we all use our imaginations and mentally move Chime to the multiplatform section and then fill its 360-exclusive slot with Toy Soldiers or Risk: Factions, whichever you prefer.
  • gilgamesh310 - December 23, 2010 3:23 p.m.

Why would Dead Space Ignition be there if this is a list of 2010's BEST dlc and games?
  • DirkSteele1 - December 23, 2010 11:32 a.m.

I find it hard to criticise any game that has a price tag of 0MSP/£0, even if I have to put up with advertising for salty snacks. Both Doritos games were mildly amusing diversions. And I achieved 200G on both. Crash Course multiplayer with friends on line was a good laugh. Scott Pilgrim and Snoopy Flying Ace would be my DLC games of the year (based on hours played). And Limbo of course was excellent. Sonic 4 was the biggest disappointment. Please Sega, just give us what we want!
  • japstersam - December 23, 2010 9:30 a.m.

probably a bit late for this article, but BFBC2 Vietnam is a sweet add-on! also, like a few people have said, the achievements in harm's way took less than 10 minutes, probably the easiest 200 this side of avatar :D but yes the ones in crash course were awful, the game was a good laugh but just not fun enough to try and nail gold on every level! also although i don't play it, all my friends seem to think cataclysm is a great add-on.
  • veryweirdguy - December 23, 2010 8:48 a.m.

@jmcgrotty seems a bit extreme. Care to expand...? I've found more enjoyment this year from downloadable titles that retail releases, for sure.
  • jmcgrotty - December 23, 2010 8:30 a.m.

This article is an embarrassment. Downloadable games/content are the cancer of the industry, and making a list like this seems like you are trying to legitimize the process.
  • AA95mp - December 23, 2010 8:17 a.m.

Sam and Max should have been on here
  • mattchew86 - December 23, 2010 7:45 a.m.

Stupid me splurged for the DX addition for Sonic Adventure. If I would have known how completely useless it was, I would've used that $5 to get a pack of smokes.
  • Limbo - December 23, 2010 7:07 a.m.

Super Meat Boy is probably the most addicting game I've played in a while. I actually just played the demo and accidentally ended up buying it. At first I was super mad at myself because I just wasted all my points, but then I played it some more and I can't stop. Slowly on my way to 100%ing the damn thing. Oh yea and Limbo is amazing.