We Recommend

• Japanaman - April 29, 2012 9:14 a.m.

Based upon every game magazine and website's Top Ten List, the top Ten Video Games Ever Made Should Be: #1 Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night #2 Super Metroid #3 Metal Gear Solid #4 Final Fantasy VII #5 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time #6 The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past #7 The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening #8 Poke'mon Gold/Silver/Crystal #9 Super Mario Bros. 3 #10 Final Fantasy IV
  • nightasasin - April 29, 2012 8:58 a.m.

Funny enough, I actually liked the list. I'm playing through Suikoden 2 right now!
  • PevMaster - April 29, 2012 2:37 a.m.

F*ck you and f*ck Portal. All three lists were sh*t.
  • Fuzunga - April 29, 2012 1:07 a.m.

It's so meta, man!
  • lilbuddha - April 28, 2012 11:24 p.m.

Journalistic Integrity - A concept non existent in the video game news industry.
  • profile0000 - April 29, 2012 9:54 a.m.

Bah, who needs it?
  • mister31 - April 28, 2012 9:52 p.m.

yeah I'm honored also to be on the list. But srsly though, get off the tip
  • demigod2195 - April 28, 2012 9:28 p.m.

shit just got meta
  • BaraChat - April 28, 2012 8:55 p.m.

My comment was the last one in your "updated" version of this post and effectively closed the whole article. I'm honored GR. I'm honored.
  • PevMaster - April 29, 2012 2:39 a.m.

That's because your comment sucked ass. 'Eww you're so sad caring about a list like this eww you should get a life'. No sir, YOU should get a life for caring about comments like that. Idiot.
  • BaraChat - April 29, 2012 5:19 a.m.

The hate is strong with this one.
  • ZiltoidTheOmniscient - April 29, 2012 9:48 a.m.

I've never met you but I think I love you.
  • PevMaster - April 30, 2012 7:30 a.m.

Thanks babe. :)
  • PevMaster - April 30, 2012 7:29 a.m.

I was just trying to get into another one of these lists. XD
  • SiPod - April 29, 2012 2:44 a.m.

It was a pretty good point.
  • Person5 - April 29, 2012 2:58 a.m.

Yeah I'm gonna side iwth Bara on this one, people really should just deal with it that some of their favorite games didn't make the list
  • AuthorityFigure - April 28, 2012 6:18 p.m.

I don't understand why Portal is so great either. In fact, I haven't played a game by VALVE that stands out all that far. For those that think the authors took payola to put games on a list, you are overestimating the importance of this list (and the journalists' opinions) by many orders of magnitude. If I were the author, I'd be offended.
  • shawksta - April 28, 2012 10:56 p.m.

Your point of view, is hugely understandable. But try to visualize this: Portal is basically if Ocarina of Time was literally the only Zelda game ever, and that hasnt been outdone because there wasnt anymore Zelda's games before or after it. Same aspects goes for portal's, both defined a genre that made them such spectacular games, obviously, likings of the genre is at play as not everyone likes Action/Adventures and or Puzzle shooters and their both something people never seen. As you can see the difference is that Ocarina has aged because of the older and newer zelda's having overrall better mechanics while Portal, stayed as Portal, till Portal 2 which is something that is special in its own right. Am I saying Portal is my #1? Of course not, this whole list is Gamesradar's list, not the majority, but certain games get high praise for a reason.
  • Trooper59 - April 28, 2012 6:10 p.m.

Man Bear Pig is a more cerial threat then dead spaces monsters thats why it did not make the list
  • MrJP - April 28, 2012 5:41 a.m.

The reason there were so many 'hate-filled' comments is because the list was full of holes and didnt even follow the rules set out at the start of the article. If they had said 'here is our list of favourite games you should play' it would have been fine, but presenting it as following rules set themselves up for fail. Portal at no.1 over portal 2 goes agaisnt what they said at the start of the article and undermined the whole list. And there was bound to be ommissions (such as Metroid Prime) which general consensus says should make it (more easily ignored than breaking their own rules as that is more opinion). Its very hard to compare across genres as well, so the list is never going to be able to compare across spots effectively.