• TheFrozenOne - January 27, 2014 4:07 a.m.

I am very surprised that Halo 3 isn't on here.
  • david-andrews - February 3, 2014 5:46 a.m.

sports? im guessing this is a made up list then?
  • TheFrozenOne - February 4, 2014 5:31 a.m.

Am I correct in assuming that you meant to reply to the article and not to my comment? Because Halo 3 is definitely not a Sport genre game.
  • talleyXIV - January 26, 2014 5:22 p.m.

I would not count San Andreas and Wii Sports. I also cannot believe that Black Ops is the only Call of Duty to make the list.
  • sephex - January 26, 2014 6:07 a.m.

Only one Call of Duty? And what is San Andreas doing on here? Because it was downloadable? It's a stretch.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 2, 2014 11:24 a.m.

I think, for fairness, Call of Duty was lumped as one series. Black Ops was the best seller of them all, if I remember.
  • david-andrews - February 3, 2014 5:38 a.m.

no that would be cod 4
  • ObliqueZombie - February 3, 2014 5:51 a.m.

That one's the best, yeah, buuut I don't think it was breaking world records until at least MW2.
  • FoxdenRacing - February 20, 2014 1:47 p.m.

Looked it up for you. Using the existing positions for a reference: MW: Would not make the list, at 13M MW2: 14th, at 22M BO2: 12th, at 24.2M BO: 11th, at ~25M MW3: 11th, at 26.3M I'll leave Ghosts off because it's both cross-generation and still actively selling. That said: many of these numbers come straight from Activision, so take them with a grain of salt. In recent years they've had a nasty habit of announcing units shipped, instead of units sold.
  • zelta38 - January 24, 2014 11:49 p.m.

There is a crazy amount of Nintendo titles in this list!
  • GOD - January 24, 2014 9 p.m.

The funny thing is that even if you remove Wii Sports because it was bundled with the system, 11 of the remaining 19 are Nintendo exclusive games. And you want them to not listen to themselves and listen to you? Ha!
  • GOD - January 24, 2014 9:01 p.m.

(Not directed at anyone in particular)
  • treeroy - January 24, 2014 6:26 p.m.

The WoW stat is wrong. Is 14 million just a random number? A little common sense wouldn't go amiss; if WoW had 12 million subscribers at its peak, that means only 2 million other people have quit before then, or started after? Seems a little unlikely >_> A few years ago, at its peak, Blizzard announced that more people had quit the game than were currently subscribed, meaning that ~25 million units had been sold at that point. Given that that was quite some time ago, and there have been a couple of expansions released in the meantime, it's safe to assume that the figure is somewhere around 30 million. Not 14.
  • thyho - January 24, 2014 5:41 p.m.

I'm not Call of Duty fan but i'm pretty sure some Cod's are missing on that list.
  • Darklurkr23 - January 24, 2014 2:41 p.m.

Game doesn't count as being sold if it's bundled with the system.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - January 24, 2014 1:54 p.m.

You guys, the 7th generation started in 2005 with the release of the XBox 360. WoW shouldn't be on here because it released in 2004 (a year before the 7th gen started) and the inclusion of GTA: SA is really stretching it because it was built for 6th gen hardware (i.e. PS2). Other than that, great list.
  • Branden_Lucero - January 24, 2014 2:25 p.m.

the 7th generation would actually start with the Nintendo DS, which released in 2004 in Japan, considering that it can play full on console games.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - January 24, 2014 3:06 p.m.

I guess you're right about it technically being 7th generation, but I don't think it's right to lump it in with the others. The PSP was also released in 2004 and had slightly greater power than the PS2 (333 MHz vs. ~296 MHz) whereas the NDS had two 32-bit processors at 67 and 33 MHz respectively. Handhelds are usually a generation behind their console counterparts, even though they might have improvements. Take, for example, the original GameBoy which had more advanced audio than the Famicom (it could output Stereo while the Famicom could only output Mono) but was still behind in terms of color and whatnot. That's why I said 2004 was strictly 6th generation; it just doesn't seem right to put the NDS together with the PS3.
  • eddie-stephans - January 26, 2014 9:50 p.m.

I am surely agree with your opinion, I also prefer Nintendo DS and new updated 3Ds for more functionality gaming. For more 3ds games visit here http://www.r4dsicards.com/
  • smokeyjoey8 - February 20, 2014 8:49 p.m.

If you really want to get all technical, then WoW shouldn't even be on the list, since PC gaming doesn't move in generations like consoles.
  • J-Fid - January 24, 2014 1:30 p.m.

The picture for Wii Sports is not from Wii Sports... I own 8 of these games. Not bad. One problem I have with this list is how you are combining cross-generation sales for games, yet this list specifically says "last generation." At least list how many copies were for each generation of consoles.