• jackthemenace - December 16, 2012 9:59 a.m.

Someone's probably already mentioned it, but aren't ALL the bosses references to TMNT? The Sais, the Bo-staff, the twin swords... All that's missing are a pair of Nunchaku. Finding out that they're available for purchase after beating them, though, THAT'S great to hear. Glad to see Platinum have kept that Bayonetta/DMC tradition alive. The QTE thing sounds like it might be good, but THANK GOD for the cutscene length. Been replaying MGS4 lately to get in the spirit, and my god, the cutscenes. My total gameplay time says something like 11 hours, but I know- mainly because I tried it in MGS2- if I skipped those it'd be, like, 4. And in the spirit of playing through MGS4, thank you for the subtitles of the first and last slides. They made me so unbelievably happy.
  • Grivien - December 14, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Raidens outfit and cyberneticness seems a little excessive. But it looks a good game. Probabely one of the few things that capcom will sell in the list up of upcoming games. Because they're commiting suicide with that insulting garbage DmC. That thing pissing on the entire genre.
  • Kermit1970 - December 14, 2012 7:21 a.m.

I'm reporting this game to the RSPCLHP "Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Left Handed People" I'm mean we have to live in a right hand bias society, and now you want to cut off our only means of having a sly wank. You are so cruel.
  • gaseoussnake - December 14, 2012 6:37 a.m.

This looks like a tasty-treat. Was kind of hoping for an ability to switch between guns and sword for example.. When using guns/cqc you could sneak around with the controls of mgs4 when battles got heated you could draw sword and get down to buisness like ninja gaiden. Either way this game looks great.
  • Edias - December 13, 2012 9:46 p.m.

I'm one of the few who enjoyed MGS2 right from the start (I even liked Raiden as a character) and I get the feeling that I am going to enjoy this game too; not least of which because it's being developed by Platinum.
  • Vordhosbn - December 14, 2012 1:31 a.m.

I too loved every bit of MGS2. Maybe I'm easily pleased when it comes to games, but having Raiden replace Snake as the playable character did nothing to stop me enjoying every minute of an absolutely excellent game. Not saying having Snake the whole game wouldn't have been cool, but it was never a dealbreaker for me.
  • 7-D - December 13, 2012 7:35 p.m.

I'm very very rarely a day one purchase guy - but i'm going to break my cheapskatism for this.
  • ichigoame - December 13, 2012 5:47 p.m.

It's in my amazon wishlist :D it reminds me of okami in a way how you slow/stop time use the controller in a more thought out way and then slicing your enemies beats the crap out of button mashing any day :D
  • Moondoggie1157 - December 13, 2012 4:29 p.m.

Fuck I can't wait for this... I try to use Bayonetta to scratch the itch, but it's just not cutting it anymore. 2013 is gonna be a good year.
  • BladedFalcon - December 13, 2012 5:02 p.m.

I see what you did there :P
  • Moondoggie1157 - December 13, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Every now and then something witty spews out haha
  • gilgamesh310 - December 13, 2012 4:13 p.m.

None of these things could be that awesome, considering the game didn't make it into the most aniticipated games of 2013 list.
  • BladedFalcon - December 13, 2012 5:01 p.m.

Are you being sarcastic, or just ribbing on GR? :P
  • gilgamesh310 - December 14, 2012 10:41 a.m.

A bit of both. The fact that they put a fifth installment in an already stale series of the same type of genre(DMC5) and leave out MGR R doesn't please me very much.
  • Boomer360 - December 13, 2012 3:59 p.m.

Preety much will all this said, to me the Games friggin promising :D
  • CUFCfan616 - December 13, 2012 3:13 p.m.

Is the story vital to the Metal Gear series? Tbh, it's not a first day purchase for me. Hack and slash games don't engage me like they used to. If I see it cheap though I might pick it up or rent it out, but it looks like it'll be a game for short gaming sessions with little playability. And really, how much have alternative costumes for characters actually made you play games more in the past?
  • CUFCfan616 - December 13, 2012 3:14 p.m.

*replayability
  • BladedFalcon - December 13, 2012 3:29 p.m.

For an extra costume, not really, but with extra difficulty levels? hell yes. I agree though, that these kinds of games aren't really high on replayability, but I'd say that if the combat is good, I almost always play trough them at least a second time on a higher difficulty setting. And to their credit, is there's anything platinum are masters of, is making great, challenging combat.
  • BladedFalcon - December 13, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Hell yeah! my body is ready too! Also... *Reads trough the whole slide above the TMNT references* ...waaait a second... Guys... it's not just the dude with the twin sais, the woman with the armbar made of hands could be considered a bo... and there's a guy that uses DUAL Katanas.... O_________________o If it turns out that there's another boss that uses nun-chucks or something of the sort, I'm gonna flip the hell out XD