• demonDogg88 - August 20, 2009 3:55 p.m.

buttons-ok no composite cables-ok quieter- ok not backwards compatible w/ ps2 games-total downer.
  • adadadad - August 20, 2009 3:16 p.m.

SECOND! YESSS! WHATS THE BEEF, BABY? I AM A TROTH MACHINE. I SAY IT AS MAY SEE IT. SURMON END. CLASS DISMISSING. BYB BYB. AX
  • DoctorGordonFreeman - August 20, 2009 2:51 p.m.

ha just the other day i was watching spider man (on bluray) on my ps3, and i noticed the font thing. it makes sense though, cuz spiderman IS distrubited through tristar (which is owned by sony)
  • Craig8 - August 20, 2009 2:34 p.m.

adadadad IZ U GNGSTR?
  • Craig8 - August 20, 2009 2:30 p.m.

well the simple answer to non backwards compatible is to buy a second hand ps2, they hardly cost anything especially if you get the non slim version, i think theyre harder to find though.
  • gaseoussnake - August 20, 2009 2:13 p.m.

I do like the ps3 slim, but i'm a chubby chaser so I'll stick with my ps3 fat.
  • Anonymous93 - August 20, 2009 11:46 a.m.

Even with that price its still $450 in Ireland after the exchange rate
  • adadadad - August 20, 2009 10:31 a.m.

@ GOGO WHOZ THE XBOXRULEZ? MAY NOT KNOW HIM. SOUND HANDSOM AND QUIET WISE TOO. ACTUALLY, THATS A LAY (AND I AM COMMITED TO ALWAYS SPEEKING TROTH. MAY *MIGHT* KNO WHO XBOXRULEZ IS... AX
  • gogo65uk - August 20, 2009 9:54 a.m.

I'm surprised also that adadadad isn't a bot typing like that. He reminds me of the idiot on CVG forum xboxrulez (or something similar) I hope he plays the banjo better than he types.
  • Samael - August 20, 2009 5:38 a.m.

I loved the touch-sensitive non-buttons and no PS2 games is WTF-Ridiculous. Otherwise I think it's great.
  • may.be.vital - August 20, 2009 4:46 a.m.

seriously wtf! why no love for the PS2?
  • elchamber - August 20, 2009 4:43 a.m.

Sorry, but I've read some comments on some other forums where people are still complaining about the price. Now they're screaming out, "WHY ISN'T IT $250!" I say to that, "if it's still a problem don't bother with it." I already got one of the big boys so I'm set.
  • MechGyver - August 20, 2009 3:33 a.m.

@adadadad Would you take it against me if i said you are an inbreed moron? yours sincerely,MechGyver
  • BCWX - August 20, 2009 3:26 a.m.

I guess the fact that the system only comes with composite cables doesn't matter when you have a universal component cable.
  • FlyinMX - August 20, 2009 3:11 a.m.

Will the games still not be region locked on the PS3 slim? I know Nintendo started to region lock games on the DSi, and its the only thing I need to know before I make it a must buy. Tales of Vesperia PS3 doesn't look like its getting an NA release so I plan on possibly importing it.
  • DangerZone723 - August 20, 2009 3:09 a.m.

Ugly. Glad I bought my PS3 a couple weeks ago, essentially for $280 plus 2 games I was gonna get anyway.
  • zeetlock - August 20, 2009 2:37 a.m.

I must buy
  • dweller - August 20, 2009 1:28 a.m.

I still like the bludgeoning tool that is the original PS3. Though it does have smudges now. reCaptcha: moth Times/Tom
  • sklorbit - August 20, 2009 12:54 a.m.

its a total gimmick, its not even that much smaller than the original. sony is just trying to make people think they created something new just like the psp go
  • Ninja-KiLLR - August 20, 2009 12:05 a.m.

i like my fat ps3 its big and imposing