• linkganon - August 20, 2009 10:09 p.m.

oh, okay, so now the 4th metal gear solid game is about 20 to 30 dollars, complete with the slim system, it's about 330 dollars (this is actually a note to self, and i'm posting it here so that nobody screws me over for it). i wouldn't recommend buying the component cables if you don't have and hdtv since it wouldn't make any difference, except for the money you got in your wallet. i believe they took the power switch off the back since some people were ******** (censored for your enjoyment) about how they had their ps3's on a tv stand and couldn't access the button from the back end. if you have seen those stands, the only way to access the back of the system is to pull the system out of the stand and flip the switch. i have an idea for any game company, but i won't say anything since it's a good idea and i don't want somebody else to steal it from me. if you check auction sites, you may find the system for a ridiculously low bid, like $100 for a ps3 since people think it's better to go out and get it since somebody may bid over them.
  • GamerTagsSuck - August 20, 2009 8:53 p.m.

I knew it! I knew I would find adadad here! And this looks beast. I might pick it up. Maybe.
  • chunk266 - August 20, 2009 5:11 p.m.

whos dumb enough to buy a sony bravia?
  • Nintendroid426 - August 20, 2009 5:07 p.m.

Pretty cool but i think i will wait until the PS4 or the Xbox720. i dont want to get a console that is in the middle or the end of its lifespan. BUT HEY: 300 bucks for something that was 600 is NICE!!!!!!!!
  • DoctorGordonFreeman - August 20, 2009 2:52 p.m.

oh and adadadad, you can go to hell ha
  • CreeplyTuna - August 20, 2009 2:40 p.m.

ill tell my parents we can watch blu ray on it. they'll have to buy it!
  • wrapdump - August 20, 2009 11:22 a.m.

PS3s in the UK come with a composite cable anyway, the vast majority anyway. Honestly I prefer the look of the old one, its visual appeal is that it doesn't look like a videogame console, it looks like more high-end, and sinister. With this new one, it just looks like a console again, first thing it reminded me off was the sega neptune
  • gogo65uk - August 20, 2009 9:53 a.m.

My launch model still works fine for now and won't have any qualms about getting one of the slim's (would miss the card slots a bit as I do alot of photography) but its not such a big deal. I had to get the xbox elite in the end though coz the white premium model just looked so tacky but to be fair even the elite looks a bit tacky maybe MS should re-design their xbox and release it with gears of war 3. But to be fair I liked the older ps3 design more it isn't a great deal bigger than the xbox so I dont know why people bitched about it same goes for the price. Ah well its an odd world.
  • adadadad - August 20, 2009 7:48 a.m.

@ MECHGYVER NOPE. MAY RESPECT YOUS OPINION. THATS THE BEAUTY OF THE PUBIC FORUM - EVERYONE MAKE THE COMMENTS. (WELL, EVERYONE APART FROM PS-CRAP OWNERS, WHO SPEND ALL DAY /CRYING ABOUT WASTED OPPORTUNITY TO BUY GREET AND AMAZENG XBOX 360) FIRD! NICE ARTECLE. AX
  • Styrophoamicus - August 20, 2009 6:02 a.m.

Was looking forward to it. Was going to buy it. And then: "Not backwards compatible" Pretty much changed my mind right there
  • Doctalen - August 20, 2009 5:07 a.m.

Good god almighty a price cut. Now I actually want a PS3. So I want that plus inFamous, both Ratchet and clanks, and both Resistances. That alone is 600 whoopers right there. Now all I need a job to get that.
  • aion7 - August 20, 2009 4:52 a.m.

Obviously, this gets announced two months after I buy a PS3. Not like I wasn't expecting this. Either way, I'm still happy to have bought Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes on rerelease. Yes that is why I bought a PS3. I wanted MvC 2, and wanted free online.
  • MdubG - August 20, 2009 3:14 a.m.

im glad theres a new version i actually an original 60GB with the emotion engine...sadly after fixing 3 times because of that red blinking light of death the blu ray drive's ribbon cable isnt staying in the port i cant even play my downloaded games like pinball and ragdoll kungfu
  • phoenix_wings - August 20, 2009 1:55 a.m.

The Sony Bravia integration existed with the previous PS3s as well, this isn't new, it was one of the first things that we tried out at Radio Shack when we got it in, and it worked seamlessly. When you turn on the PS3, it turns the television on automatically, and switches to HDMI input if it's not already on it. When you turn the PS3 off, it turns the tv off as well.
  • civver - August 20, 2009 12:54 a.m.

WTF at 10. Seriously.
  • adadadad - August 19, 2009 11:29 p.m.

FIRST! GD GD ARTICEL. MAY SAY ONE TING UZ FORGOT, (NUMBER 13) PS-CRAP-SKINNY IS RACIST. PS-CRAP-FATSO IS RACIST TOO. ALL BLACK. WHY NO BE EQUALITY, LIK HALF BLACK AND HALF WHITE. LIKE YONG-YONG LOGO. V V OFFENSIVE TO MAY. /CRY AX
  • Dill - August 19, 2009 11:26 p.m.

Yay, a smaller, and... more... Wii-like version of a console I already have! Now what, should I go buy it? FUCK THAT!
  • TeragRunner - August 19, 2009 11:21 p.m.

If my family had more money this would be my Christmas present.
  • AnonymouZ - August 19, 2009 11:20 p.m.

i'm getting a second ps3 for sure. BC is always a downer, but by now, most everyone is gotten over it. I was big on BC, spend 450 on getting a software compatible, and ended up not using any ps2 games for the LOOONGEST while. Hell, Oblivion alone is a time consumer. And that game is old as fuck. As for not having a power off thingy... that sucks, i have everything in my room, so all those standby leds light up the room even when the lights are out.
  • Xeacons - August 19, 2009 11:18 p.m.

It has a beautiful logo? Cute standby light? Games advertised on the box? Looks like you guys are grasping at straws there. But seriously, now that Sony FINALLY put out an affordable PS3, I should be able to pick one up.