• Dave2123 - July 19, 2013 11:02 a.m.

I always said that an open world RPG set in middle earth would be great. Many people love the Lord of the Rings and it's a shame it was cancelled. However, I could see it being problematic; every knows middle earth for Lord of the Rings, what would they have us do in it? Would it loosely follow the Lord of the Rings somehow, would it be set earlier, like in The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales and The Hobbit or would they think up a completely different plot? I can see why it cost too much, but it had potential.
  • sebastian-mifsud - February 27, 2014 6:28 a.m.

they can make this, why has it not happend would be great, also need a starwars one for sure. i hate the latest star wars games they where dull crappy FPS crap. I did like battlefront that was good
  • Gingy111 - July 19, 2013 6:02 a.m.

maybe its just me but I'm still salty about 1313. although there is still a (far fetched) hope that it will still be done by EA.
  • callyfornication - July 19, 2013 3:19 a.m.

"...stating that their London studio was going to focus on franchises like SingStar and EyePet." I'm not playing Getaway 3 right now because of those?! Welp, I'm all depressed now.
  • ViolentLee - July 19, 2013 1:54 a.m.

At E3 2001, I believe, Crave was showing off a game called The Lost. It was inspired by Dante's Inferno, but featured a female protagonist. Irrational Games (yes, *that* Irrational Games) was developing it. I think they had playable at the booth, and I remember it looking really promising. Maybe Devil May Cry-esque with more dark story. But it never came out. Bummer.
  • closer2192 - July 18, 2013 3:45 p.m.

Don't entirely get the love for "This is Vegas." Not a bad list otherwise.
  • Darkhawk - July 18, 2013 2:37 p.m.

"Six Days in Fallujah" from Hideo Kojima was a great idea. Too bad Americans created a fake controversy out of it.
  • brickman409 - July 18, 2013 3:29 p.m.

It was mostly British people who created controversy over it ... well that's what Wikipedia tells me.
  • shinkeiDEI - July 19, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Six Days in Fallujah was not made by Kojima, was made on USA by a company who made fighting simulator for the Armed Forces; it was going to be published by Konami but that is all. It was not americans who created the controversy but some ignorant people. The game technically exists (is even finished) but nobody wants to pick it up for publishing. To me, this was one of the most promising games and somewhat of a landmark, it was designed to teach the audience how war actually is. It's so sad that is on limbo. Although, on a post Spec Ops:The Line world , this game might exists.
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 18, 2013 11:13 a.m.

Luckily we have a killer year of games on the rise. "...deader than those hookers we buried in the Nevada desert last year" Wow... trying a little hard for that shock value point, no?
  • GoldenEagle1476 - July 18, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Prey 2? I thought the trailer for that game looked awesome, and then... that's pretty much all we saw of it. Or heard of it. I was under the impression that it was trapped in development hell.
  • GR_AndyHartup - July 18, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Yeah, Prey 2 looks pretty good. Strange how it is barely related to the original Prey.
  • ViolentLee - July 19, 2013 1:55 a.m.

Were you a fan of the original Prey? For all the years it took to come out and the cleverness of the portal gimmick, I thought it was boring.
  • GR_AndyHartup - July 19, 2013 1:58 a.m.

I played it, but don't have especially fond memories. Enjoyed the portal gimmick (being able to shoot through it was clever) but it has been done better since... by Portal.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - July 21, 2013 10:28 a.m.

I liked the story, but I agree, the combat got pretty boring.