Topics

iPhone Mobile

• kaaos - March 29, 2010 3:32 p.m.

or maybe even stuck in traffic
  • kaaos - March 29, 2010 3:31 p.m.

i phone or ipod touch game apps are only cool for like 20 minutes,then it's just no fun.it's more like something to do while you wait in a doctor's office,on the subway,or when everyone's just hogging up the ps3 or the wii
  • dunc12 - March 29, 2010 4:49 a.m.

wow, this is the most accurate article in the week of hate I've read so far
  • Silentcapt2 - March 29, 2010 2:14 a.m.

iPhone games are horrible. You know it's bad when you have to make sure the game is actually playable.
  • oryandymackie - March 27, 2010 2:57 p.m.

BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN.
  • may.be.vital - March 27, 2010 4:53 a.m.

I must agree with this article because it is all fact!
  • Hobojedi - March 27, 2010 4:17 a.m.

I really do hate having to charge the thing twice a day.
  • Patius - March 26, 2010 11:09 p.m.

I must say, the Droid and the Android OS are all around better than the apple OS. For one, Google doesn't like violating antitrust laws.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - March 26, 2010 10:05 p.m.

i want an iphone but i dont have a job yet. im pretty sure you dont have to be 18 to sign a phone contract or buy condoms what are they gonna do let you get a girl prego and get the herps.
  • Xeacons - March 26, 2010 5:20 p.m.

AMEN! I just got an iPod, and after trying to play a 5-star rated (everyone said they loved it) FPS for, yes, over an hour, I couldn't take it! Why? How did everyone love this? Buggy controls, fingerprints (clean screens make your thumbs stick, no pun intended), and an "if it breaths, kill it" plot. Reminds me why I love my DS.
  • crumbdunky - March 26, 2010 4:33 p.m.

Agree more with this article than ANYTHING I've read in the past year! I DETEST my iPhone and as my old mum nearly killed herself in getting me one(she had to collect tokens and get people to take free trials with a website!)I REALLY wanted, and tried to, like the damn thing. Having your fingers and thumbs fill half the screen on any half demanding game is pants and 99.99999% of all the apps are overpriced or plain shit. Don't get me started on the friggin App store either! I also think the shame of picking up an obviously pathetic and embarrassing game in person and in the game store helped keep down sales of crappy games but the App store, like all online stores for downloads allows these shame filled purchases to pollute gaming at will! Honestly, the level of gaming on the iPhone is terrible and those crappy controls make even the decent games appalling travesties of what they should and could have been. IF it's indicative of what App,kle would bring to gaming wre they to enter it more seriously then I think we should be VERY afraid. Face it , the worst(opf the decent)MP3 players I've ever owned in terms of sound quality were always bloody iPods-Apple can manage to sell some pretty low quality stuff based on it's design alone and form over funstion will KILL decent gaming faster than anything else I can imagine. I'm talking as someone who actually used to love my Mac when I owned one as the convenience was great but once you realise just how badly they rip you off in money for tech terms it gets really insulting really fast. I've never owned a more soulless bit of electronics than the iPhone. these days it always stays home while I prefer to carry my Sammy phone/MP3/MP4 phone as it's better at what it does and either a PSP OR a DSi because they're BOTH a million times better for gaming. Had the iPhone even done ONE task as well as or better than the less varied but more specialised gadgets manage I would be tempted to still use it for convenience but the fact is carrying more is still MORE of a convenience while the quality of apps, phone and player on the IPhone is lacking. To me the only , really impressive thing about the damn thing is that they managed to make it so sought after and such a big seller when it's basically just a bit pants. They sell the iPad in any great number(ostensibly for those people for whom a laptop or netbook is just begging to have it's best feature removed-i.e a fully functioning effin keyboard!)and I'll REALLY start worrying. YHate the iPhone. I truly never felt anything was such a rip off for it's customers.
  • philipshaw - March 26, 2010 1:51 p.m.

Great article, have to agree with everything in it
  • Hurricrane - March 26, 2010 11:20 a.m.

lol, why do you guys have 2 copies of Transformers? is it for the Convert button?
  • kdombaz - March 26, 2010 9:36 a.m.

Over-hyped overpriced kit for people who like to belong to a fan-boys club. I would buy it if I thought it did something that my existing cell phone couldn't do. it doesn't so no need to pay inflated prices to a protectionist company.
  • phoenix_wings - March 26, 2010 6:07 a.m.

I had an iPhone for less than a year. Traded it in because it was awful for anything other than browsing the web, even if it was jailbroken. The thing dropped calls where my Blackberry still has signal and sounds clear. When you fail at the key thing that the phone is supposed to do, all else sort of fails with it. I never played a game on the device that lasted longer than five minutes, the quality control just blows. And the best part? If you purchase said game, and suddenly Apple finds it in violation of one of their key principles (i.e.: it's offensive, violent, etc, etc, etc) they'll pull the app, and the next time you update your device it could be lost. Apology not necessary :P
  • CH3BURASHKA - March 26, 2010 5:41 a.m.

Why the hell is there an apology at the end of this? This is the fuggin' Week of Hate! Hate with a passion!
  • DarkTone - March 26, 2010 3:15 a.m.

As an Iphone user this article had me stand out in the rain for 15 minutes............
  • TommyG - March 26, 2010 2:46 a.m.

Lol, classic hate! Loved every below-the-belt word =)
  • number1hitjam - March 26, 2010 2:34 a.m.

actually have to agree with a lot of this
  • understudybass - March 26, 2010 2:02 a.m.

Sir Christopher your articles are always quite amazing and this is no exception!