• DecoyOctorok - February 9, 2012 5:04 a.m.

Great article. For the love of God, please release Snatcher on XBLA/PSN. It's baffling that some of this stuff hasn't gotten a digital re-release. I'm assuming it has to do with copyright holder issues.
  • KidKatana - February 9, 2012 2:15 a.m.

What are LucasArts even doing these days? Because the Monkey Island remakes were absolutely gorgeous and awesome. Can they pull their fingers out and do the same thing for Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango please?
  • taokaka - February 9, 2012 1:46 a.m.

I know that my favourite insanely underrated game franchise has had more luck than these but seriously Klonoa deserves so much more. It got a sequel on ps2, a remake on wii(which I'd scoure the internet looking for a copy if i had a wii),a GBA game and a beach volleyball game on ps1 only in Japan. However even though the second has a metacrtic of 91% we are yet to see a klonoa 3 due to poor sales.
  • Darkhawk - February 9, 2012 3:42 p.m.

I recently picked up Klonoa 2 for $5 on eBay, and it was AWESOME! Any single one of those slide/surf levels easily compares with the best 3D Mario has to offer
  • CitizenWolfie - February 9, 2012 1:45 a.m.

The Maniac Mansion entry reminded me of something - Wasn't there also a point 'n' click adventure series based on Discworld? It'd be cool to see those back again as well. I'd love to see Tombi/Tomba get a re-release or HD update. It'd look really lovely with Rayman Origins quality graphics. Another one which would work well these days is music-based platformer Vib Ribbon. Remember that one which generated levels based on your own CDs? It seemed a bit of a chore having to keep swapping discs but now the Xbox and PS3 have the ability to store music it'd be really easy to implement it. Plus the graphics were intentionally minimal so it'd require very little graphical updates.
  • Vordhosbn - February 9, 2012 1:50 a.m.

The Discworld games were fantastic. I can only speak for the 1st 2, never tried Noir, but Eric Idle was the perfect fit for Rincewinds voice, and the rest of the cast was top notch too. I for one wouldn't complain if they got the remake treatment like Monkey Island...on the other hand Discworld 2 still looks so good for a game that it wouldn't really need remaking, just scaling up to HD.
  • CitizenWolfie - February 9, 2012 5:48 a.m.

Totally agree. A lot of those old adventure games need very little treatment really. Some of those sprites still look great even now. I think I may have actually missed out on the full Discworld games as I played them at a friend's house so I'd love to play them fully.
  • jmcgrotty - March 4, 2012 2:32 a.m.

NO NO NO NO!!! Please, for the love of God, DON'T say that the Discworld games were fantastic. At the very least, the Playstation Discworld game was not good. I bought it when it came out (in the time when the packaging was a big carboard thing, in between the surplus Saturn cases and the standard CD Jewel cases), and still have it. It was a buggy, horrendous mess. I can't explain how depressed I was, and still am, over that game.
  • Vordhosbn - February 9, 2012 1:43 a.m.

Unirally, I loved that game! It was like the precursor to Tony Hawk games, with the trick levels and the many combinations of stunts, and towards the end of the game the speed of the racing was crazy. Pixar sucks balls, give us back Unirally. By the way, to the person who mentioned Lufia, it did get a remake not that long ago on the DS, and it was shoddy IMO, nowhere near the fun of the originals.
  • stfueuan - February 9, 2012 1:34 a.m.

Unirally is and will always be fantastic. I'm in the fortunate position that I have a copy and still have my SNES hooked up to my Bravia. Fecking beautiful.
  • FauxFurry - February 9, 2012 12:49 a.m.

The only games on this list that I haven't tried yet are Elder Scrolls: Redguard, UniRacers and System Shock 2. I even owned all of the others except for Day of the Tentacle. I still have my copy of Earthbound,complete with the original box,though the guide/instructions manual are long gone. Odds look mighty slim of ever getting to try them, especially Uniracers, at that. It's almost like having only a few points away from 100% completion in a game only for its battery pack to die on you!
  • raidramon0 - February 8, 2012 10:23 p.m.

Do you remember Magic Knight Rayearth for the Sega Saturn? Good luck trying to find a North American copy for under $100.
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 8, 2012 10:22 p.m.

Mega Man Legends and Panzer Dragoon, both amazing games... Just seeing those screenshots made me smile.
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 8, 2012 10:24 p.m.

Also, bring back Monster Rancher! There was nothing better than sitting in a pile of 100 CD's looking for rare monsters... So... Fucking... Good. OUT!
  • darnell-l-armstrong - February 8, 2012 9:25 p.m.

I would love to see panzer dragoon saga, snatcher, policenauts, a remake of mischief makers, psychic assassin(ultra rare japanese sega saturn game) wonder project j 1 and 2, einhander, and actraiser 1(2 was crap). oh yea, i would also like to see the goemon series come here....not just a few titles here and there, neither...
  • fanfundy - February 8, 2012 9:22 p.m.

Illbleed (dreamcast), Project Overkill (psOne), and Tecmo's Deception (psOne) all deserve another chance. I know Deception had 2 sequels, but they were both...blah. Also...uh, Shenmue...sigh.
  • RebornKusabi - February 8, 2012 9:04 p.m.

This list is immediately 100% better for the mentions of Mega Man Legends and System Motherfu**ing Shock 2. Nothing else to add, just that these two series need more love then they receive.
  • Zuido - February 8, 2012 8:33 p.m.

It's all about Skies of Arcadia!
  • MsSmith - February 8, 2012 7:38 p.m.

Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga are the reasons I no longer care about either Nintendo or Sega. Those games are so imaginative and pure in their presentations. <3
  • garnsr - February 8, 2012 7:30 p.m.

I've played everything here except for the PC games on page two, and I've always wanted to play Day of the Tentacle, after having Maniac Mansion on NES. I still own most of them, but I've never thought of seeing how much they might be worth.