• Ninja-KiLLR - October 2, 2009 12:21 a.m.

what scratch that that isnt the trailer for assassin's creed i thought it was i dont that like one.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - October 2, 2009 12:18 a.m.

i love that assassin's creed comercial!!! something about that song just works for the game
  • farsided - October 2, 2009 12:13 a.m.

I'll forgive you guys the disgrace of this article if you ban Treewhale.
  • TreeWhale - October 2, 2009 12:03 a.m.

I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale!
  • TreeWhale - October 2, 2009 12:01 a.m.

• TreeWhale - October 2, 2009 midnight

• TreeWhale - October 1, 2009 11:59 p.m.

• TreeWhale - October 1, 2009 11:58 p.m.

I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! Am A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! A Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! I Am A Whale! Hi mom!
  • aatinko - October 1, 2009 11:19 p.m.

ROTFL aint that the truth! RT www.complete-privacy.net.tc
  • cart00n - October 1, 2009 10:58 p.m.

I have to say, I am terribly disappointed with this article. Just about every ad here (aside from Nights) is an example of mature, thoughtful, and artistic vision. And guess what? It WORKED! Each game represented here (again, aside from Nights) is a frickin' blockbuster, largely spurred on by the hype generated from these ads that weren't just in your face trying to bludgeon you into buying their games. And you spend a WHOLE ARTICLE bashing them. Worse, you then give examples of "how it should've happened" that are nothing but the same, routine bullshit. Seriously? Certainly, if these games had been commercial failures, this article would've made some sense. Instead, you just look like you haven't a wit of sense about you, writing the worst article I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this site. By the bye, that Gears 1 add is STILL on my Xbox HDD. I haven't had the heart to delete it, because I just love watching it. If you don't like the add, fine. If that was just what this article was about, I would simply just be disagreeing with you and moving on. However, the style you used here made it seem like you weren't just expressing YOUR opinions, you were expressing EVERYONES' opinion. That, sir, is the very DEFINITION of having one's head up one's own ass. I certainly hope this article is an anomaly, and not a sign of things to come. This site has been my first destination everyday ever since I first discovered it, and I'd not like that to change any time soon.
  • reyalejandro13 - October 1, 2009 10:43 p.m.

Honestly, even though the ODST one was barely representational of any form of Halo gameplay ever, and was very far up its own ass, it was a sick ad. I loved the way the Banshees and Brutes looked. That was how a Halo Movie should be made.
  • husk94 - October 1, 2009 10:35 p.m.

AHHHHHH THAT PICTURE AT THE END OF THE FIRST PAGE MADE ME BELCH
  • _D-Man_ - October 1, 2009 10:25 p.m.

I disagree about SSX being the only good release game for PS2. I loved ATV Offroad Fury.
  • waynski1457 - October 1, 2009 10:24 p.m.

So what if they are pretentious? The best ones here do the thing they are designed to do in the best ways: make you want to play them.
  • farsided - October 1, 2009 10:08 p.m.

wait...rather than create an epic commercial that gets people pumped up(and also getting all their friends to check it out getting them pumped up), you should just go and tell them all, "meh, we have an ok game, so it's your call whether you want to buy it or not"? And on top of that you're pulling commercials that contain different songs from the ones that were widely produced (and far superior)? And that commercials shouldn't try to rope in a different crowd when they've already guaranteed that all the testosterone junkies are gonna buy it any way? And weren't virtually every single one of these games that were advertised in such a manner massively successful? Here's one for you: I think this article is horribly up its own ass. In agreement with Daedazrael, all your "how it should have been" comments are basically the premise for a number of powerthirst commercials. Fail.
  • LordsOfTechno - October 1, 2009 9:55 p.m.

I think the Gears Of War 1 advert would have been a lot better with Tears For Fears' version of "Mad World"...but I guess that's just me. I'm not a big fan of the Gary Jules version. Actually, is it quite sad that I have most of the songs used in these adverts on my iPod?
  • Samael - October 1, 2009 9:52 p.m.

@Daedazrael I assuming/hoping the "How it should have been advertised" parts were tongue-in-cheek because I like creative ads. It would very much dissuade me from buying a game if the ad was just "Look! We've got boobs and guns!"
  • Curtis_Stone - October 1, 2009 8:59 p.m.

I was a lil' perturbed at first for the PoP '08 ad, I thought it was going to be Sigur Ros...It wasn't though, then I found out it was Sia's "Breathe Me," I had no idea that song was used in the PoP '08 advert!! Awesome!!
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - October 1, 2009 8:55 p.m.

I actually really liked the Gears of War ads, but Dave's right: they're not at all reflective of the experience of playing the games. The issue here isn't that the ads were bad, necessarily, but that they look pretentious when one examines what it is they're selling.
  • symphonicdeathpop - October 1, 2009 8:40 p.m.

I actually liked the ad for Prince of Persia. I really like the song and it actually goes pretty well with the video. As for ultra-dramatic ads for mindless shooters... it's just awful!