• harry2 - January 27, 2014 7:02 p.m.

majoras mask 3ds shurly another gud prediction??
  • Mr.YumYums - January 27, 2014 12:22 p.m.

I'm just finishing Bayonetta (loving it) and man that feeling that I might still buy a Wii-U just to play the sequel... Fuck I know it'll be worth it.
  • Vonter - January 27, 2014 10:51 p.m.

Added co-op sounds promising. ^_^
  • brickman409 - January 25, 2014 7:51 p.m.

Here's my prediction: Nintendo will stop producing the Wii U and 3DS and will begin to exclusively design and mass produce Mexican wrestling masks.
  • Mr.YumYums - January 27, 2014 12:02 p.m.

One can only hope... I want a Japanese version of "El Santo" or "Blue Demon"
  • trevon-burtch - January 27, 2014 9:38 p.m.

You win lol, I read this and about died laughing.
  • vikkiwaffles - February 1, 2014 9:03 a.m.

lol I surely hope not! Although it's not far off considering they started by mass producing playing cards. Hang in there Nintendo ::fingers crossed::
  • Doctor_Pancakes - January 25, 2014 12:54 a.m.

Cross play a rip off? Remember those carts that let us play Gameboy games on snes and gba games on Gamecube? That was cross play before wireless sort of lol you had to buy the attachment but same basic idea.
  • Doctor_Pancakes - January 25, 2014 1:01 a.m.

Oh wait, cross in VC titles? I was thinking some whole other thing like play 3DS games on the TV through Wii U. The 3DS top screen appearing on the tv screen. Guess i miss read that lol
  • watevermanimlost - January 24, 2014 11:09 p.m.

Fire Emblem: AwakeningYoshi’s New Island sounds like an interesting game when does it come out? (slide 3)
  • Subgenre - January 24, 2014 10:17 p.m.

Let's be honest here, the second that Smash 4 has a release date and a new (and I mean NEW) Zelda game is announced people will suddenly start paying attention to Nintendo. The reason why the Wii U is failing in the west is because most of its library is either very niche or is nothing that couldn't be played on PS360. Once Nintendo starts putting out must-have titles that appeal to a broader audience the system will likely see a rise in sales.
  • Vonter - January 24, 2014 10:37 p.m.

Yeah but like they say in the article they'll likely come by the end of the year or next year. The Wii U has more exclusives but like the Wii they have not mass appeal, even if they're decent titles like the Wonderful 101 and well a least they're games are a bit more upbeat and funny than the competition. Except the other two still have a lot of momentum and that's a key problem with the Wii U, it has had trouble creating great expectations. I know it'll have worthwhile titles but well hype has been lacking in the Wii U.
  • hester2 - January 25, 2014 2:40 p.m.

Coupled with a price drop, it's even more likely that it'll take off. That's the main thing I've been waiting on, but I'll probably take the plunge this summer if the drop hasn't happened by then.
  • Ensoul - January 24, 2014 9:23 p.m.

Sadly I doubt cross play eshop games is going to happen.
  • Vonter - January 24, 2014 9:33 p.m.

To be fair they have said if Indie developers demand it they could add it. So it's uncertain.
  • Aquasol - January 25, 2014 1:21 a.m.

They got asked outright by Toki Tori's devs, but had to be turned down-- not out of a lack of unwillingness to support cross-play with Steam, but because Steam and NNID currently don't have a way to communicate, as I recall.
  • brickman409 - January 25, 2014 7:45 p.m.

it really needs to happen
  • J-Fid - January 24, 2014 8:35 p.m.

Here's a bold prediction: The next Nintendo Direct will announce the release dates for SSB4.
  • Vonter - January 24, 2014 7:52 p.m.

Those aren't bold prediction (I personally think they are rather tame and safe with the current prospects people have). So since I'm in the mood to be wrong here are my BOLD predictions: - Nintendo will can the Wii's VC and ported most of those games to the E-shop and make crossplay available - X will be an MMO - A Super Metroid (remake/revival) will be announced for the 3DS with 2.5 graphics to the dismay of all people - Zelda U will have another unexpected art style people will constantly debate about being good or bad, most wishing it were like the technical demo AGAIN. - Nintendo will reveal a new accessory for the Wii U - Miyamoto's new game will be an FPS - Nintendo will buy a western developer studio - There'll be more communication between 3DS and Wii U - 3DS revision will be a XL version of the 2DS with hinges - A Wii U Pokemon game would announced at E3 This is bold, because any of these I think would be less likely than the ones above, especially how we have had discussion over discussion of those points.
  • jason-lacour - January 24, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I think that X prediction is safe as well. Xenoblade has an MMO-like system in place already so the sequel could be more of that coupled with online. If anything though, I can imagine a drop-in/drop-out online co-op for the game.