• J-Fid - January 24, 2014 8:35 p.m.

Here's a bold prediction: The next Nintendo Direct will announce the release dates for SSB4.
  • Vonter - January 24, 2014 7:52 p.m.

Those aren't bold prediction (I personally think they are rather tame and safe with the current prospects people have). So since I'm in the mood to be wrong here are my BOLD predictions: - Nintendo will can the Wii's VC and ported most of those games to the E-shop and make crossplay available - X will be an MMO - A Super Metroid (remake/revival) will be announced for the 3DS with 2.5 graphics to the dismay of all people - Zelda U will have another unexpected art style people will constantly debate about being good or bad, most wishing it were like the technical demo AGAIN. - Nintendo will reveal a new accessory for the Wii U - Miyamoto's new game will be an FPS - Nintendo will buy a western developer studio - There'll be more communication between 3DS and Wii U - 3DS revision will be a XL version of the 2DS with hinges - A Wii U Pokemon game would announced at E3 This is bold, because any of these I think would be less likely than the ones above, especially how we have had discussion over discussion of those points.
  • jason-lacour - January 24, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I think that X prediction is safe as well. Xenoblade has an MMO-like system in place already so the sequel could be more of that coupled with online. If anything though, I can imagine a drop-in/drop-out online co-op for the game.
  • Vonter - January 24, 2014 8:44 p.m.

I to this day can't find that game anywhere, didn't knew it had online features (if that's what you're implying). But anyway is bold because knowing Nintendo's online and problems with it. It's a bit daring dropping the MMO game, from what we've seen it could be like Monster Hunter and be mission based, but it also has a chance of being MMO if its true to the trailer's open ended view.
  • jason-lacour - January 24, 2014 8:49 p.m.

Well, it doesn't have online but the system and mechanics are very much like how MMOs work to this day. I can see it working easily if given an online infrastructure. Yeah, the game is pretty hard to come by. I was lucky Gamestop still had some during their black friday sale!
  • shawksta - January 24, 2014 6:09 p.m.

Great list, Its more in line with current events but then again what isnt? Its hard to tell for the last one because i see more stepping down, than actually leaving the company. Miyamoto already stepped down from being a major developer but to instead watch over developments and give his advice and such. Reggie is President of Nintendo of America aside from a spokesperson that everybody otherwise knew him for. You guys kind of added Fire Emblem Awakening to your list of 3DS 2014 games in the 3rd slide. Also "some niche titles"? Last i checked handhelds are otherwise a home for those niche titles to be noticed, so calling them like that as if their nothing is degrading, and you cant tell me that Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is gonna be a tiny little thing. Also we still have people like Renegade kid that are still supporting Nintendo who they just revealed Moon Chronicles for the 3DS (Which its predessessor Moon is arguably a better DS FPS than Hunters but thats debatable) so there's that. 3DS should otherwise be fine with little support the year. Then again we need be reminded that were possibly getting more announced games in the future or future Nintendo Directs. ONWARD TO 2014, THY PREDICTIONS OF THE BIG 3 HATH BEEN SAID, THOU SHALL FOLLOW
  • SunniDee - January 24, 2014 5:26 p.m.

Going with what previously mentioned that most of the predications are not particularly bold. If I were to make a bold predication is that Miyamoto will reveal his new Wii-U IP (mentioned it last July) and it will release by the end of this year.
  • supaMcnugget - January 24, 2014 5:10 p.m.

I don't think these are too bold, as BladedFalcon mentioned. However, if anyone is going to leave Nintendo (or be blamed) it would be Reggie. Regarding Smash Bros. I know that's probably how it's going to be. I want it NOW, but I know that Sakurai is a staunch perfectionist. Still, I'm hopeful that at the rate they are revealing game info. that they will go for an early/late summer release. At this point, Nintendo needs to sell hardware and software quick. Although Smash Bros. needs to be totally ready, it would make sense that Nintendo would pressure Sakurai to hurry up and finish it so they can sell some units and get the Wii U momentum going. Of course, that momentum will only come if there are more games to substantiate it...so we'll just have to wait and see what they're offering.
  • BladedFalcon - January 24, 2014 4:56 p.m.

None of these seem that bold, as they seem par for the course with what Nintendo has done lately, But as such, most of these sound pretty plausible, and if I had to pick, I think Reggie will be the one saying goodbye before the year is over. (And I for one, would happy for that, as I find his personality too arrogant and in your face to be pleasant.)