The new ARK: Survival Evolved patch for Xbox One seems to have something for everyone. For those who have (more than justifiably) been asking for a game that just works better, v371 brings a performance update that developer, Studio Wildcard says (opens in new tab) sharpens up the game by around 15%, as well as numerous bug fixes.
For those who want a bit more console-centric thinking, the long-promised (opens in new tab) split-screen mode has now arrived, letting players kill, craft and poop together from the same sofa.
For those who've rinsed through ARK's lush green world already, the patch also brings a bunch of new stuff to play with. That includes three new creatures (Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle and Gallimimus), SWAT armour, secret underwater loot and the ability to brew a variety of prehistoric beer. Yep!
Here's Studio Wildcard's full change list, minus those new monsters:
• SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
• Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
• The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
• Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
• Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
• Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
• Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!